FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

What blade for short pips in Butterfly

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
100niTenis View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 100niTenis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What blade for short pips in Butterfly
    Posted: 10/14/2017 at 5:31pm
What do you think it is best blade for short pips in Butterfly collection ?

Edited by 100niTenis - 10/14/2017 at 5:31pm
Blade, Rubbers, Shoes, Socks ...
Sponsored Links

bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/14/2017 at 7:18pm
Originally posted by 100niTenis 100niTenis wrote:

What do you think it is best blade for short pips in Butterfly collection ?

it depends what short pip you will use
bokai View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bokai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/14/2017 at 8:48pm
This is my complicated answer: I have tried many short and med pimple rubbers and the blade I find the best with pimples is Viscaria. I use butterfly Viscaria with andro blowfish+ and i find it very balanced. Its not too fast or slow and not too stiff or soft. Although, this does depend what short pimple u use. If ur using a hard sponge short pips, u can get away with using a soft blade. But since I use andro blowfish+, which is about 47.5 degrees (from a forum i read), i believe its medium to medium hard softness. So thats why I use Viscaria because it has a medium stiffness. I have also tried Michael Maze ALC, however found it a bit too soft for my liking and a bit slow (due to the new enlarged ball). So in my humble opinon, I reckon it also depends on the sponge hardness of the short pips before choosing a butterfly blade for short pips. Butterfly also state that butterfly sardius is great for short pips, i have tried this with spectol and spectol 21 and find it was too fast with no feeling and control. 

Simple answer: I think any butterfly ALC blade is alright. :) 

My question is: What short pips do you want to use? 

Edited by bokai - 10/14/2017 at 8:52pm
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 100niTenis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/14/2017 at 9:21pm
Hello Bokai
I am thinking to use Friendship Legend 105 short/medium pips. When I started playing 10 years ago I played with Globe 888 and 889, and loved both.
bokai View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bokai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/14/2017 at 10:18pm
For the globe 888 and legend 105, I think these r soft sponges. A harder blade, such as Timo boll ALC, can do the trick. I find TB ALC to be stiffer than viscaria and TBS. Globe 889 is a hard sponge, you could get away with a softer blade, such as Freitas ALC (This is just the renamed michael maze alc blade). Note that i dont suggest any ZLC blades due to it's extra dwell time and bounce. 

bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/14/2017 at 10:32pm
Originally posted by bokai bokai wrote:

This is my complicated answer: I have tried many short and med pimple rubbers and the blade I find the best with pimples is Viscaria. I use butterfly Viscaria with andro blowfish+ and i find it very balanced. Its not too fast or slow and not too stiff or soft. Although, this does depend what short pimple u use. If ur using a hard sponge short pips, u can get away with using a soft blade. But since I use andro blowfish+, which is about 47.5 degrees (from a forum i read), i believe its medium to medium hard softness. So thats why I use Viscaria because it has a medium stiffness. I have also tried Michael Maze ALC, however found it a bit too soft for my liking and a bit slow (due to the new enlarged ball). So in my humble opinon, I reckon it also depends on the sponge hardness of the short pips before choosing a butterfly blade for short pips. Butterfly also state that butterfly sardius is great for short pips, i have tried this with spectol and spectol 21 and find it was too fast with no feeling and control. 

Simple answer: I think any butterfly ALC blade is alright. :) 

My question is: What short pips do you want to use? 

tbs is good also sk7 or 7 ply blade.some blades like garaydia   are too mushy with moristo sp hollow feel
kakapo View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kakapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/15/2017 at 2:59am
Innerforce T5000 is a good blade for playing with SP.
Def play grey grip 94gr, Venus 2 blue 2,2, Neubauer KO extreme 1,3mm
mhnh007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhnh007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/15/2017 at 6:06am
I like SP on Photino, and Mazunov. If you play SP like you play with invert, then TB ALC or Viscaria are very good.
Johnny Erasure View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnny Erasure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/15/2017 at 6:12am
Surely Timo Boll ALC.
Blade: JM ZLC
Rubbers: FH Dignics 09C
            BH Dignics 05
Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=63937&KW=Johnny+Erasure&PID=764628&title=feedback-for-j
Skyline View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/15/2017 at 6:38am
don't go for the super fast tamca 5000 carbon blades, like gergely and sardius. TB ALC is a great choice since it has great control and its still very crisp.
bokai View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bokai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/15/2017 at 7:19am
Originally posted by Skyline Skyline wrote:

don't go for the super fast tamca 5000 carbon blades, like gergely and sardius. TB ALC is a great choice since it has great control and its still very crisp.

+1, TAMCA 5000 carbon blades are way too fast to control in general. If someone was to use such blades, they must pair with extra slow rubbers! haha
malin87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malin87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/15/2017 at 1:42pm
I am looking for the same thing...i use now stratus carbon which is perfect for short pimples but a little bit slow for aggressive looping(i play high level).i want to try boll alc ot zhan jike alc. Alc blades are stiffer than zlc blades so are better for pimples..the thing is that the ball should not drop to the net when you block passively or when the opponent loops aggressively.. i think zj alc has more dwell than boll alc and suits less for pimples..
Icecream AZX,T05,Spectol21
bokai View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bokai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/15/2017 at 7:40pm
Originally posted by malin87 malin87 wrote:

I am looking for the same thing...i use now stratus carbon which is perfect for short pimples but a little bit slow for aggressive looping(i play high level).i want to try boll alc ot zhan jike alc. Alc blades are stiffer than zlc blades so are better for pimples..the thing is that the ball should not drop to the net when you block passively or when the opponent loops aggressively.. i think zj alc has more dwell than boll alc and suits less for pimples..

please let me know the speed of the stratus carbon against tb alc. I agree with zj alc having more dwell time than boll alc. Boll alc would be better.
JacekGM View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JacekGM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/16/2017 at 12:02am
100niTenis, It depends on what style you play. If you use defensive shots on your pip side, I would recommend Gionis Carbon Off blade. This is a solid, well made blade, not a very stiff one but it works really nicely with LP, and I do not see why it would not be as good or better for a defensive SP play. 
If your style is Johnny Huang-like, than you need a Schlager, Primorac Carbon, Mazunov or the likes. 
If you play close to the table block on SP and loop with inverted on FH, in that case most of the ALC blades could also be good to try. 
I personally would use a heavier Korbel for a SP. 
(1) Juic SBA (Fl, 85 g) with Bluefire JP3 (red max) on FH and 0.6 mm DR N Desperado on BH; (2) Yinhe T7 (Fl, 87 g) with Bluefire M3 (red 2.0) on FH and 0.6 mm 755 on BH.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 100niTenis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/16/2017 at 7:36am
Thank you everyone for your input. I think I have decided to go with TBS and see how it goes. You all have been helpful here and via PM inbox. Thanks again :-)
pitigoi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pitigoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/16/2017 at 11:15pm
Somewhat related: is Butterfly Balsa Carbo X5 an improvement over Yinhe TT11+,
with short pips on FH and inverted BH? TBS too heavy for amateur me.

Thank you all for the replies.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 100niTenis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/2017 at 11:40am
I tried Balsa X5 long time ago and did not like it, but it may work for you. I had no feeling with this blade.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic