Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Stiga Clipper Wood vs TB ZLF vs IF Layer ALC

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Victor2016 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Victor2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stiga Clipper Wood vs TB ZLF vs IF Layer ALC
    Posted: 10/15/2017 at 5:18am
I spent many hours searching about this 3 woods but I didn't find something clear.

How a Clipper wood of 98g would find its place in Butterfly blade chart?
How it can be compared especially with Timo Boll ZLF and Innerforce Layer ALC? I'm interested in speed, spin, effectiveness far and near to table or any other useful info.

Thank you for all your answers. 
Sponsored Links

GSOM_GSOM11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GSOM_GSOM11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/15/2017 at 6:37pm
А 98g Clipper must be by far faster than any BTY OFF blade. I dunno how to control such a cannon.What rubbers do you use on it?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Victor2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/16/2017 at 12:34am
Rasant grip max on forehand and Rakza 7 soft 2.0 on backhand. My Clipper wood it's not faster at all if I compare it with my Timo Boll ZLC with same rubbers, while on compared with Viscaria I have the same feeling, but not with such a big difference in speed and power. That's why I ask for a comparison with Timo Boll ZLF and Innerforce Layer ALC. Thank you again for all your answers.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Victor2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/16/2017 at 7:27pm
Nobody can help?
rajd1234 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rajd1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/19/2017 at 9:17am
My 2 cents:

I have played with Clipper Wood (Skyline TG3 + T05 FX) and IF ALC (T05/Big Dipper + T05) but not with TB ZLF.

speed: IF ALC >> Clipper Wood. Obvious as the former is a carbon blade.

spin: IF ALC < Clipper Wood. You increase speed you loose spin when your technical abilities remain constant.

effectiveness far/near table: IF ALC with T05 hands down. But I preferred 3rd ball attack more so I would go with Clipper Wood with Skyline TG3

Tenergy on Clipper Wood: It's nice not bad. Depends upon your abilities. But a carbon blade brings out the best of tensor rubbers. Again that depends on your ability.

Big dipper on IF ALC: Not good. Don't know why maybe boosting wasn't good maybe the glue or maybe the quality of the rubber produced.

Promotion alert:
...Rajd...

My feedback url: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=72846&PN=1#893078
king_pong View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote king_pong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/20/2017 at 2:21am
Originally posted by rajd1234 rajd1234 wrote:

My 2 cents:

I have played with Clipper Wood (Skyline TG3 + T05 FX) and IF ALC (T05/Big Dipper + T05) but not with TB ZLF.

speed: IF ALC >> Clipper Wood. Obvious as the former is a carbon blade.

spin: IF ALC < Clipper Wood. You increase speed you loose spin when your technical abilities remain constant.

effectiveness far/near table: IF ALC with T05 hands down. But I preferred 3rd ball attack more so I would go with Clipper Wood with Skyline TG3

Tenergy on Clipper Wood: It's nice not bad. Depends upon your abilities. But a carbon blade brings out the best of tensor rubbers. Again that depends on your ability.

Big dipper on IF ALC: Not good. Don't know why maybe boosting wasn't good maybe the glue or maybe the quality of the rubber produced.

According to the folks over at TTGearlab.com, the Clipper CR would be the fastest of these blades —

http://https://ttgearlab.com/2017/03/25/characteristics-of-four-known-inner-fiber-blades-comparison/

Edited by king_pong - 10/20/2017 at 2:31am
Stiga Infinity VPS (Master): fh/bh - Nittaku Hammond CR max
rajd1234 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rajd1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/20/2017 at 2:54am
Originally posted by king_pong king_pong wrote:

Originally posted by rajd1234 rajd1234 wrote:

My 2 cents:

<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">speed: IF ALC >> Clipper Wood. Obvious as the former is a carbon blade.</span>
<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">
</span>
<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">spin: IF ALC < Clipper Wood. You increase speed you loose spin when your technical abilities remain constant.</span>
</span>
<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">effectiveness far/near table: IF ALC with T05 hands down. But I preferred 3rd ball attack more so I would go with Clipper Wood with Skyline TG3</span>
</span>
<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">Tenergy on Clipper Wood: It's nice not bad. Depends upon your abilities. But a carbon blade brings out the best of tensor rubbers. Again that depends on your ability.</span>
</span>
<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">Big dipper on IF ALC: Not good. Don't know why maybe boosting wasn't good maybe the glue or maybe the quality of the rubber produced.</span>

According to the folks over at TTGearlab.com, the Clipper CR would be the fastest of these blades —

http://https://ttgearlab.com/2017/03/25/characteristics-of-four-known-inner-fiber-blades-comparison/

Highly disagree. CR is faster than wood. But not faster than IF.

...Rajd...

My feedback url: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=72846&PN=1#893078
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic