FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

TT11 testing - Fall 2017 edition!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
unstopabl3 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstopabl3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2017 at 8:25pm
Any thoughts on the carbonado blades or has no one tried them yet?
Sponsored Links

ohwell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohwell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/10/2017 at 8:23pm
Slevin, what are the dimensions of the Feel blades?
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/10/2017 at 8:35pm
Originally posted by ohwell ohwell wrote:

I don't have them with me. Perhaps kindof99 & LOG1C1AN can chime in?
kindof99 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/11/2017 at 10:25am
Originally posted by ohwell ohwell wrote:

I used a ruler to measure the Zx2 i am testing right now (so +-1.5mm errors). 160 X 152 to me. With the rubbers on, there are errors in the measurement. But one thing for sure is that the face is on the large size. My rubber on the old version ML5 fits well.
LOG1C1AN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOG1C1AN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/16/2017 at 4:20pm
I did not measure, but the rubbers cut to my Primorac Carbon perfectly fit the ZX3.
ohwell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohwell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/21/2017 at 3:52pm
Slevin, is anyone testing the carbonado 90?
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/21/2017 at 5:03pm
No, not at the moment
iamj8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iamj8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/21/2017 at 6:17pm
Originally posted by slevin slevin wrote:

No, not at the moment

How about 45? :)
A version of Hurricane 3
A version of Tenergy
A Stiga blade...
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/21/2017 at 6:23pm
Two testers want it after the holidays.
iamj8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iamj8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/21/2017 at 10:25pm

Two testers want it after the holidays.

Oh, sorry I meant if you had a review on it haha. Apologies for the miscommunication.
A version of Hurricane 3
A version of Tenergy
A Stiga blade...
kindof99 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/02/2018 at 4:59pm
Review: Xiom Feel ZX3

Testing rubbers: forehand, T05, backhand, Razaka 7 soft. Total weight 180g.
Again, the balance is very good. The first time I held the paddle, I actually felt that the paddle is head light like the ZX2, but the weight center slightly towards the head.
The ZX2 and Zx3 blades are probably designed for quick action for close to table as you can easily switch between forehand and backhand.

1). First test
The blade is pretty good at serving with backspin. It is relatively easy to lift backspin ball too (easier than my Barwell fleet at mty first try).  As I expected, the switch between forehand and back is very easy.
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/16/2018 at 5:41pm
Carbonado 45 on its way to h0n1g. Nittaku Hurricane sheet on its way to Tek101.
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstopabl3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/16/2018 at 5:45pm

Carbonado 45 on its way to h0n1g. Nittaku Hurricane sheet on its way to Tek101.

Have you tried the carbonado blades yourself yet specifically the 45?
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/16/2018 at 5:46pm
I want to, given that I'm using a similar blade right now. Perhaps, in a few weeks.
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstopabl3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/18/2018 at 3:09pm

I want to, given that I'm using a similar blade right now. Perhaps, in a few weeks.

Oh boy, has anyone tried the 45 yet? Anyone from this thread tested it yet?

Which blade are you using slevin?
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/18/2018 at 3:23pm
Originally posted by unstopabl3 unstopabl3 wrote:

Oh boy, has anyone tried the 45 yet? Anyone from this thread tested it yet?

Which blade are you using slevin?

h0n1g shall test the C45 and post a review soon. I'm currently using a faster composite blade (MJ-SZLC) with limba outers just like the C45. I did not want to be the 1st tester as the test blade's weight (78g) is very different from what I use (~90g weights) and I fear that that would affect my review.

I shall test a 92g C90 over the weekend and compare it to my blade.

I did play with a friends' C45 but it is very heavy (~100g), stiff and fast - a lot like my current blade. 

Edited by slevin - 01/18/2018 at 3:25pm
kindof99 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/18/2018 at 3:57pm
I owned a 45 before. I felt that it is mute, but it is a really heavy one and I sold it before testing it again.
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2018 at 6:58pm
Review: Stiga Carbonado 90

Test rubbers used: MX-P, T05
Blade characteristics: FL, 92g
Blade bounciness: 1,340 Hz
Build quality: meh!

First, a note on initial build quality. While the handle and the tag are all good, they have clearly used jointed wood in the outer limba ply. I don't mind jointed wood at all, but they just make it too blatant (by using very contrasting shades for both woods). Also, I wish I had sealed the blade. It felt very smooth, but upon putting glue (tearmender), I could feel some grain that might become problematic. 

Now, onto how it plays: I was surprised by how much I liked this blade (as I wasn't a big fan of the 145 and 190). Of course, all tests depend on not only the rubber used but also how that rubber matches with the blade. That being said, MX-P (on forehand) paired with the C90 is one of the best combos I've ever played with. 

First of all, in no manner is this blade (with MX-P on FH) slow. This rubber feels fast and powerful on this blade (maybe the 92g weight contributed to that). But what shines is this duality: you get a lot of dwell (more than with Viscaria, of course) on loops and yet it feels very crisp and powerful on flat hits, counters, and blocks. This added dwell made provided a forgiving nature while executing loops & loop drives (if out of position). Spin on loops and serves is great.

The blade had a very woody feel and yet it felt solid because of the carbon layer. It offered plenty of feedback and good feel. It was at least as stiff as a Viscaria - which means that one would benefit from a slightly softer backhand rubber (I did not like T05 too much on BH on this blade. Perhaps, something a bit softer & with a longer trajectory would fare better). Throw was medium. 

Let me know if anyone wants to test this.

Tek101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tek101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/01/2018 at 9:22pm
Didn't know you sent me the H3 so it was sitting in my package room for a bit... but I have it and I am currently testing it.
|Xiom Ice Cream AZX|
|FH: Sword Long Can Pro Version
|BH: Xiom Vega Asia DF Max
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/02/2018 at 11:12am
Originally posted by Tek101 Tek101 wrote:

Didn't know you sent me the H3 so it was sitting in my package room for a bit... but I have it and I am currently testing it.

+1.

It is discounted 20% at TT11 website for the next 2 days!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic