FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Juniors Rating Estimate

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
mickd View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mickd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/23/2017 at 12:50am
I visited black shirt from the first video's school today and played with some of the top boys and girls there.

The top boy wasn't there (I don't know why), but I played against the second best boy and lost 2-3, and the third best boy 0-3. One of their upperclassman was also there. Last year he came second in the local middle school tournament, but he hasn't been playing much recently (9th graders stop club activities to study for senior high school entrance exams). I won 3-2.

Black shirt doesn't play at the school club, so she wasn't there. But I played the second best and third best girls there. Both of them were in the semi finals in the tournament, one losing to black shirt and the other losing to pink shirt. I lost to both of them, sadly. I lost to the long pips girl 1-3 (I won the first set and I think she started to play more seriously because I saw her smile a bit, then start wrecking me lol). The other girl I lost 0-3.

About half a year ago, I'm pretty sure I would have beat that girl, but she's been improving so much recently. I asked her how much she practices, and she told me she practices 7 days a week at one of the top clubs in my prefecture. So yeah, she plays 1-2 hours after school at the school club, 4 hours on Saturdays and most Sundays, then drives to the serious club and plays 2+ hours every night. Pretty serious player hehe. I think she'll beat pink shirt within a year at the rate she's improving. Maybe even half a year.

I tried to use short serves, long serves, slow serves, fast serves and she basically had an answer to everything. She didn't attack over the table, but if the ball was long, she loop drives it, and if I attack first, she counters so fast off the bounce. Very hard to play against. Her serves were mostly all long, but there was quite a lot of quality to it. Even if she serves mostly to my forehand, I found it hard to attack well, and even when I did, she had a very high percentage counter.

The two girls in the first video beat these girls :( I still have a long way to go to beating them. I think the 2 girls I played would be at least 1900 to low 2000s. Maybe the other 2 girls would be at least 2100.

I don't have a rating, but you guys can judge me based on the numerous videos I've posted of myself! Personally, I think I'd be competitive around 1800.
Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic