FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

1 day to shape up for US Open

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
heavyspin View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavyspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1 day to shape up for US Open
    Posted: 12/13/2017 at 6:47pm
I just recovered from the NA Teams, so I had just one day to train hard for the US Open. I think it went well and hope it's enough. I didn't video the table tennis practice - here are the highlights from my gym workout which included shadow strokes.

An EJ to a table tennis player is an equipment junkie. An ej to a mathematician is a standard basis vector.
Sponsored Links

danseemiller View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danseemiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2017 at 7:32pm
 That weightlifting was really impressive-- How much was on there? Great workout.
DS
heavyspin View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavyspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2017 at 8:24pm
Originally posted by danseemiller danseemiller wrote:

That weightlifting was really impressive-- How much was on there? Great workout.

I hoped I wouldn't get challenged so soon for that bench weight. Truth be told, I made the weight look like 315 lbs for the video but it was only 205. There's a set of 25 lb plates made of hard plastic which are bigger than the 45lb iron plates and a set 10 lb thin large disks and I placed them behind the 45's. I did easy sets of 12 since I didn't want to strain too hard just before a big tournament. With a spotter, I could go up 30 more lbs for a set of 12.

Edited by heavyspin - 12/13/2017 at 8:26pm
An EJ to a table tennis player is an equipment junkie. An ej to a mathematician is a standard basis vector.
LUCKYLOOP View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LUCKYLOOP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2017 at 10:37pm

Your very agile for your size, that floor jump was impressive.
Hntr Fl / 4H & BH Xiom Sigma Pro 2 2.0
Yinhe T-2 / 4H Xiom Sig Pro 2 2.0 BH Xiom Omega IV Elite Max
Gam DC / 4H DHS Hurricane 8 39deg 2.1 BH GD CC LP OX
HARDBAT / Hock 3 ply / Frenshp Dr Evil OX
wanchope View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanchope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2017 at 10:45pm
Way to go, man!
Barwell fleet, Omega 7 Pro & Fastarc S1
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2017 at 2:05am
Luckyloop, you ought to see HS JUMP clean smooth over BARRIERS when run to his side after making a BH on the run...
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2017 at 9:58am
One day to shape up for an event?

Can't be done.  Runs counter to all evidence in sports science from the last several decades.  Nornmally people would stay in recovery mode from the previous event if there was only one day.  It will improve performance and reduce the risk of injury.  Hopefully you have a little time to recover built in after this workout.

It is still pretty impressive what you are able to do though!  Especially the jumping.
dual700 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dual700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2017 at 10:36am
Heavyspin, my coworker looks like your twin brother, top to bottom. But he is nowhere as fit as you. Clap
heavyspin View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavyspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2017 at 11:01am
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

One day to shape up for an event?

Can't be done.  Runs counter to all evidence in sports science from the last several decades.  Nornmally people would stay in recovery mode from the previous event if there was only one day.  It will improve performance and reduce the risk of injury.  Hopefully you have a little time to recover built in after this workout.

It is still pretty impressive what you are able to do though!  Especially the jumping.

Well it's better than bulking up in preparation to make weight at Vegas's Heart Attack Grill as I did last US Open. They treated me like royalty (as seen in photo), but I had very poor results at the tournament. The symbolic workout reminds me that this trip is more about tournament performance.

Edited by heavyspin - 12/14/2017 at 11:02am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic