Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

DHS Skyline 3 Review

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DHS Skyline 3 Review
    Posted: 09/28/2006 at 10:22pm

alright, after 2 sessions of using the rubber this are my personal opinions bout the rubber:

speed:

i glued it twice only but it gave an average dome unlike the h3 and h2 which you have to apply 5-7 layers to see the effect of absorption. i cannot believe what i have seen and felt when i used the skyline 3! IT IS FAST!!!!! the thing that gives it speed is the springiness of its sponge sure its not as fast as hurricane 2 but then when you do loop drives it feels a lil bit like a euro rubber in terms of bounciness.. if compared to dh2 h2 i dont think the speed difference is really that much maybe 10-15% slower.

spin:

wow this rubber has a good topsheet, thinner than h2 or h3 and much much better quality and consistency. at first touch i felt that the red skyline 3 is stickier than h2 or h3. the sponge again contributes to the amount of spin aside from the tackiness of the rubber; the spin is heavy! lifting heavy backspins doesnt require much of an effort.

control:

im still struggling with it coz its a wild animal to control! myabe its just me. after using ritc-729 jap for 2 months i was used to exerting effort to produce fast loopdrives and lifting heavy backspins. i remember this is like using dhs h2 for the first time 2 yrs ago. one thing im sure of though, the ball doesnt go to the net when you are doing counter hits maybe because of the sponge again which is very bouncy unlike the h2 or h3 that i had a hard time returning the ball without it catching the net sometimes beacuse of the dead feel.

throw angle:

low to medium depending on the stroke but generally low throw angle esp on normal loops

overall, this rubber needs to be tamed at first but when you do you will enjoy using at esp. if you are a close to the table attacker, loop driver or even a slow looper. h2 n h3 fans wouldnt be disappointed with this. if they think the lost the speed then glue it, it has a better  glue absorption compared to h2 n h3 commercial anyway

Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Sponsored Links

HowToPlayChineseLoop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HowToPlayChineseLoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/20/2012 at 5:05am
Have you used Skyline 3 Blue Sponge 21 ?

the_theologian View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/20/2012 at 7:08am
yogi,

just checking, are you referring to TG3 regular or Neo version?
Appelgren Allplay ST / Vega Europe max
atv View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/20/2012 at 9:16am
i am guessing this is 39 deg TG3
YEO
FH: 729 08 ES
BH: Focus III Snipe
Senkoh-1
FH: H3 Comm
BH: 755
Brainstorm69 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brainstorm69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/20/2012 at 9:31am
you guys do realize this review is 5 1/2 years old, right?
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/20/2012 at 10:08am
NEO didn't exist when this review was written.

Original TG3 was designed for speedglue.
US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
the_theologian View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/20/2012 at 12:13pm
ahhhhh, classic oversight on my part
Appelgren Allplay ST / Vega Europe max
cotdt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cotdt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/20/2012 at 2:31pm
the original poster is still active though, so i'm sure he can chime in.
Nittaku Resound
FH: Joola Timeless
BH: Joola Timeless
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic