Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Stiga VPS V series feeling and sound

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Poseidon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poseidon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stiga VPS V series feeling and sound
    Posted: 02/23/2018 at 7:40pm
I bought an Infinity a while ago and didn't like the feel and especially the sound. Feel is ok but hard to hit through, and sound is very hollow. I looked on the internet and found some other comments about the same sound issue, so I thought it was just how the Infinity is supposed to feel.

Recently I bought an Emerald VPS V, the feeling is better than Infinity (maybe due to different rubbers), but sound is about the same. Now I wonder if all VPS series are like this, and why it is the case. I don't have this problem at all with Ebenholz V. I heard the Spruce layers in VPS are processed somehow with carbon, so that could be the reason? Let me know if anyone has the same experience, and how you solved it because the sound is just unbearable (maybe I need to find the right rubber for it?). Definitely going back to my good old Ebenholz V.
Sponsored Links

YogiChris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YogiChris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/23/2018 at 8:09pm
I had the same experience with an Infinity I had last year. Ended up selling it. I recently bought an Eternity and the sound is similar, but not as bad as I remember the Infinity being. I had Bluefire M2 on the Infinity and I have Hurricane 8 on the FH of the Eternity and Bluefire JP 03 on the BH. I like the way the Eternity handles better than the Infinity, though my form is improved from when I had the Infinity, so who knows.
mog1111 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mog1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/24/2018 at 5:16pm
the handle is hollow on infinity, it seems to give that hollow feeling when playing with.
I filled mine with filler, feels much better now, you can get used to it.
if you can handle the extra flex Tibhar startus Powerwood is a much better feeling blade
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon
FH: Tenergy 05fx
BH: Spinlord Keiler
Stavros View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stavros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2018 at 5:16am
Having played with many Stiga blades since 1983 , I think Infinity is the best off all. Including Stiga Clipper and Stiga Offensive from 80's. 
InfinityVPS   -   D80   -   D05
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic