Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Which Rasanter?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
SlipSlopSlappy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SlipSlopSlappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Which Rasanter?
    Posted: 02/24/2018 at 6:08am
I've been happily playing with Rasant Grip for a couple of seasons and now it has been discontinued I'm unfortunately looking for a replacement rubber. I am naturally looking at the Andro Rasanter series but am unsure which version to pick so would like some guidance please.

Which Rasanter version do you think plays the most similar to Rasant Grip? What are the differences?
Do the differing versions really play that differently from each other other or should I just pick one and get on with it?

All responses gratefully received.

Sponsored Links

TSuBaSa View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TSuBaSa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/24/2018 at 11:35am
Probably r47 is your answer.
V series plays a lot different. İt's hard to believe that both v42 and r47 are in the same family.
Nittaku Tenaly Acoustic Inner Carbon
Joola Rhyzer Pro 50 & 45

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SlipSlopSlappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/25/2018 at 6:59am
Thanks for the response. I was leaning towards R47 rather than R42 and like to have the same rubber on forehand and backhand. What differences should I expect between R47 and Rasant Grip and will it take long to adjust do you think?
col6628 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote col6628 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/25/2018 at 11:54am
i had rastant grip on bh , rpg on fh, now r47 2.0mm on both bh and fh, blade andro treiber z. i am very happy with the new rubbers.
emihet View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emihet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2018 at 12:15pm
r47 is harder then rasant grip, r42 seems to be closer to rasant grip in terms of hardness but really it stands between the two
Viscaria, Ma Long 5, Old Clippers, BTY Ovtcharov and Various Custom blades
pitigoi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pitigoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2018 at 2:47pm
Rasant Grip has medium throw IMO. Isn't Rasanter 47 of higher throw
(needing a more horizontal angle to counter against topspin)?
pliuya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pliuya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2018 at 3:25pm
Rasant Grip is totally different from Rasanter 47. Rasant Grip is softer and more dwell time and easier to control in BH. Rasanter is above beginner's level.
DHS W968 (90g)
Bakcup: Viscaria (87g)
FH: Hurricane Neo Blue
BH: MXP

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SlipSlopSlappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/04/2018 at 9:04am
Ok, Many thanks to all for your contributions to this thread and the extremely informative Rasanter thread as well. Clap 

I've finally made my decisions : R42 BH/ V47 FH both 2.0mm

I'm gonna go for R42 on the BH as I feel this is closest to Rasant Grip (45deg) whilst R42 has a softer sponge it hopefully goes some way to compensating for this with a firmer topsheet. 

Choosing which version is appropriate for my FH was more difficult as I always struggle a little for power and consistent counterhitting with Rasant Grip. At face value R47 seems ideal but I've read that it's easier to generate spin when slow looping with V47 which is a property I loved about Rasant Grip when compared to EL-P at the time of choosing between the 2 a couple of years back. 

Hopefully, I've made the right choices. Please shout now if my thinking is just plain wrong. Nobody at my club uses Rasanter unfortunately and I haven't got the time or the funds to allow the testing of different versions so I'll be sticking to my guns once the order is placed. 

nv42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nv42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/04/2018 at 12:11pm
Maybe the aurus select can be a good alternative to rasant grip on the bh, it's slow, spinny and is extremely good for counter play near the table, I'm not a 100 percent sure as I iv only just hit a few times with rasant grip, though I am using the select since quite some time now, loving it.

If you don't go too far off the table and don't really loop/loop drive the ball hard (counter or counter roll instead, basically play with a more open angle) then the v47 might be alright for your FH, though I personally don't like it too much.
1.dhs pg2 fl

-FH t05h (max)
-BH tibhar genius (max)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic