Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Best pip for no spin returns

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
henningf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote henningf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Best pip for no spin returns
    Posted: 03/13/2018 at 4:37am
Hi, I’m struggeling with no-spin returns and want to get better at returning no spin balls. So I need a pip that is easy to use for someone that is not used to playing with pips and mostly return dead no-spin balls. So that me and my partner can train on no spin balls.

Any tips on pips/equipment for this kind of training?
Sponsored Links

mjamja View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjamja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/13/2018 at 11:56am
If you want to have dead balls hit back to you, then you might want to consider getting an anti-spin for your practice partner.  Should be easier for them to generate dead balls against various spins than with long pips.  With the spin reversal of most long pips, it takes some time to learn to return true dead balls against balls with a good amount of spin.

Hopefully others with more pip/anti experience will chime in.

Mark
mjamja View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjamja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/13/2018 at 12:26pm
If you can find an old cheap premade racket it might do the trick also.  A few times I have played against players with this set-up it took me several points (sometimes a full game) to get used to the lack of spin coming back despite what looked like strokes that should be producing spin.

Mark
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/13/2018 at 12:54pm
Originally posted by henningf henningf wrote:

Hi, I’m struggeling with no-spin returns and want to get better at returning no spin balls. So I need a pip that is easy to use for someone that is not used to playing with pips and mostly return dead no-spin balls. So that me and my partner can train on no spin balls.

Any tips on pips/equipment for this kind of training?

any short pip returning no spin will be hard to control. victas 101 gives a lot of no spin but is hard to control
henningf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote henningf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/13/2018 at 3:35pm
Ah, Then I'll try to get a hold on a cheap antispin rubber and smack it on a racket that I don't use for training purposes Smile

Thanks for the help. Thumbs Up

Edited by henningf - 03/13/2018 at 3:35pm
LUCKYLOOP View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LUCKYLOOP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/14/2018 at 12:12pm

This is discussed at North Little Rock Table Tennis Group timeline page on Facebook.
rocketman222 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocketman222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/14/2018 at 1:00pm
I would look in to a cheap medium pips like 563 no 35 sponge from zeropong
mhnh007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhnh007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/14/2018 at 1:54pm
Bare blade, no rubber.
mjamja View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjamja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/14/2018 at 3:12pm
Originally posted by rocketman222 rocketman222 wrote:

Forgot about 563. Good at sending no-spin back against top and under spin. Good price too. Nice catch rocketman222.

Mark
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/14/2018 at 3:31pm
Originally posted by rocketman222 rocketman222 wrote:

563 pips break easily you can try dawei 388c1
hookumsnivy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hookumsnivy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/14/2018 at 11:41pm
Keep in simple - use any new inverted rubber that comes with a thin plastic film on it (hell, you can probably just put saran wrap on an old one). Leave the film on and it will act like anti. The best part is that when you take the film off, you have a useful rubber.
I found this out a while back when I was hitting with someone who just got a new custom assembled paddled. I couldn't figure out why all the balls he hit were dead. He didn't realize there was a plastic film covering it.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic