FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Stiga 2018 blades

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stiga 2018 blades
    Posted: 05/27/2018 at 9:41am
I got hold of the blades when Werner Ola of Stiga held a mini-seminar here in the Philippines. Mine are coming probably next week. The Azaleas and Nostalgic blades look promising but I am fixated on the Nostalgic All around and Offensive. Here are some pics.

Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Sponsored Links

tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/27/2018 at 6:10pm
can you show the other side of each blade?
Are the other sides just plain, dull & boring?
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/28/2018 at 1:46am
A friend here in Germany got a test-blade of the Stiga Nostalgic Off and tried to glue it with his usual glue (Revolution No 3, normal viscosity). Here you can see the result:

I have to say, that he is a real EJ, who glues lots of rubbers each year (definitely not less than 50) and he always uses the same glue, but never had these problems before.

He applied the glue evenly, but after a short moment this happened. It seamed as if the glue got not enough contact to the wood. The question is, if this is only a problem of this test-blade (which may have been sealed with a mysterious sealer) or if this is a general problem of this series. This may be also possible because I remember some similar problems in the past, when Stiga released some special coated blades (Intensity, ...).

I hope, yogi_bear can clarify this question.
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/28/2018 at 4:47am
Could be that diamond whatever treatment...

In a relatively recent interview, Stiga stated that they have done with the NCT(Nano Composite Technology) coating. Every blade with the NCT label gets that diamond whatever treatment now.
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
wanhao View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanhao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/28/2018 at 7:37am
Its the same as my Rosewood last time. Glue cannot penetrate to wood.
AMonteiro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMonteiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/28/2018 at 11:14am
The last hardwood blades (Joola Black Rose and Yasaka Goiabao) I tried both was heavily sealed like this. I had to use a thicker glue on the blade.
Dynaryz AGR /Yasaka Goiabao 5 / Dynaryz AGR
zeon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/28/2018 at 3:52pm
Hi,
High viscosity glues such as Stiga attach power, nittaku finezip or Revolution high viscosity give better results. If the problem still exists, sand the blade a little. If you have still problems, you can use the blade at a barbeque party for various purposes:)
Blade chuan chih-yuan
Rubber: FH haifu whale2
BH Shark 2
Feedback:http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=79017&KW=feedback&PID=978171&title=feedback-zeon#978171
jonyer1980 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/29/2018 at 11:11am
Originally posted by wanhao wanhao wrote:

Its the same as my Rosewood last time. Glue cannot penetrate to wood.

1+
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Avoid any Butterfly stuff... at abusive prices. Raw power without control means nothing
al_111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote al_111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/29/2018 at 3:56pm
Originally posted by zeon zeon wrote:

High viscosity glues such as Stiga attach power, nittaku finezip or Revolution high viscosity give better results. If the problem still exists, sand the blade a little. If you have still problems, you can use the blade at a barbeque party for various purposes:)
This!

And don't say 
Quote Glue cannot penetrate to wood
 like it's a bad thing;)

Edited by al_111 - 05/29/2018 at 3:57pm
Wzhang8107 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wzhang8107 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/29/2018 at 4:01pm
Any news on that Xu Xin "coming soon" blade?
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/30/2018 at 2:24pm
Has he tried applying thinner glue ? Looks like the glue is too thick. Also, i never had any problems gluing both old and new rosewood blades. The surface of the nostalgia is more woody compared to the new rosewood v which has a thin nct coating. I will have to wait for my blades and glue them and let people see.
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/30/2018 at 4:44pm
He told me that he used Revolution No 3 medium viscosity (like always). 
Maybe the consistence of this bottle or R3 is more liquid than the former bottles
or maybe the test-blade has got an additional sealing from the shop-owner (to avoid damages).
JediJesseS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JediJesseS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/30/2018 at 5:00pm
I posted some gluing photos and impressions here.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic