FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Joola Golden Tango PS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/25/2019 at 5:38am
Originally posted by haggisv haggisv wrote:

Originally posted by Sedis Sedis wrote:

This description sums up the rubber very well, although I would say it is no longer unique as Tibhar K1 European version is very similar indeed.

I did wonder about that... the description makes them sound a little different... have you compared both?

I've also now tried both the Tibhar K1 Euro and the Golden Tango PS, they are indeed very similar and it took me no adjustment to swap between them. Great rubbers for spin if you're a brush looper...hard to find anything spinnier that still has good speed.
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
Sponsored Links

vvk1 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vvk1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/25/2019 at 6:53am
Sorry for the off-topic but this snippet from someone else's review of Juic Cooga cracked me up:

Quote Preparation: 2 layers of EEII, Primed with 2 layers of FC, glued with 1.5 layers of MC. 

Just to be clear - there is no need to have a chemistry degree in order to use K1 Pro or K2 :-)

AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/25/2019 at 9:01am
Originally posted by vvk1 vvk1 wrote:

I've been using K1 Pro on Calix 2 since April. K1 Pro is actually perfectly fine out of the box without any boosting. It's a bit less tacky than H3 Neo (but still properly tacky) but the sponge is plenty fast. Looping underspin is a bit harder than with H3 Neo but I find K1 Pro easier to counter more aggressively. Lower throw than H3 Neo. Durability - my first topsheet laster from April till early Jan, playing 3-4 times a week.

K2 on my spare Qabod. Out of the box K2 felt rock hard as compared to K1 Pro or H3 Neo. K2's topsheet is less tacky than K1 Pro's, and the sponge feels even faster than K1 Pro's. Lower throw than K1 Pro. I found it to be a bit too demanding out of the box and so tried boosting K2 with one layer of Falco. Boosted it becomes quite playable but only close to the table, IMO. 

Thanks for the update mate.  K2 sounds a bit like Xiom Oza, which is also brick-hard (sponge and topsheet).  I might try K1 Pro if I find a cheapo source for it.  Bit expensive.
This was a great signature until I realised it was overrated.
vvk1 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vvk1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/25/2019 at 9:50am
Originally posted by AndySmith AndySmith wrote:

I've been using K1 Pro on Calix 2 since April. K1 Pro is actually perfectly fine out of the box without any boosting. It's a bit less tacky than H3 Neo (but still properly tacky) but the sponge is plenty fast. Looping underspin is a bit harder than with H3 Neo but I find K1 Pro easier to counter more aggressively. Lower throw than H3 Neo. Durability - my first topsheet laster from April till early Jan, playing 3-4 times a week.

K2 on my spare Qabod. Out of the box K2 felt rock hard as compared to K1 Pro or H3 Neo. K2's topsheet is less tacky than K1 Pro's, and the sponge feels even faster than K1 Pro's. Lower throw than K1 Pro. I found it to be a bit too demanding out of the box and so tried boosting K2 with one layer of Falco. Boosted it becomes quite playable but only close to the table, IMO. 

Thanks for the update mate.  K2 sounds a bit like Xiom Oza, which is also brick-hard (sponge and topsheet).  I might try K1 Pro if I find a cheapo source for it.  Bit expensive.

Oza's sponge has visible pores unlike K2's sponge.
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/25/2019 at 9:51am

Oza's sponge has visible pores unlike K2's sponge.

Well, that's put me off even more now!  Thanks again!
This was a great signature until I realised it was overrated.
p3v56yahoocom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p3v56yahoocom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/15/2019 at 5:33pm
Hi haggisv,
Per your suggestion from a while back, I have been using Victas 401 for 3+ years now. I haven't found anything better since the H3 Provincial days. Thank you very much for your recommendation! I play only once a week but I need to replace my 401 every two months, or three months top. Going to H3P to 401 was an easy transition. I didn't have to change my stroke much for forehand loop. I like the sponge hardness of 401. Would you recommend me to give Joola Golden Tango a try? Does the sponge have about the same hardness as 401?      
Hozuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hozuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/15/2019 at 8:37pm
401 is the hardest of all ESN rubbers at 57,5 degree.
So no, it does not have any equivalents hardness-wise.
Sedis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sedis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2019 at 3:08am
I tried the K1 Pro for the first time last night. Here are my first impressions.

Although the sponge measured 4° harder on my Shore O durometer than the Golden Tango PS and K1 Euro, it did not actually feel any harder to play with, probably due to the thinner topsheet.

The topsheet is more tacky than the Golden Tango PS and K1 Euro, closer to the tackiness of DHS rubbers.

It is definitely faster than the Golden Tango PS and K1 Euro, probably a little too fast for me in all honesty, but I would be very keen to try one in 2.0mm, if such a thing was available.

Edited by Sedis - 02/26/2019 at 7:44am
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2019 at 4:49am
Originally posted by p3v56yahoocom p3v56yahoocom wrote:

Hi haggisv,
Per your suggestion from a while back, I have been using Victas 401 for 3+ years now. I haven't found anything better since the H3 Provincial days. Thank you very much for your recommendation! I play only once a week but I need to replace my 401 every two months, or three months top. Going to H3P to 401 was an easy transition. I didn't have to change my stroke much for forehand loop. I like the sponge hardness of 401. Would you recommend me to give Joola Golden Tango a try? Does the sponge have about the same hardness as 401?      

It might be worth a try, but the feel is not the same as the 401 which has a harder sponge. The GT is tackier, and probably a little spinnier on serves, but the 401 still rules for chopping and spin on loops. The 401 is also more powerful on hard attacks.
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
p3v56yahoocom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p3v56yahoocom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/01/2019 at 4:28pm
Thanks, everyone, for you input!   
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic