Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Butterly Tenergy 05 to Yasaka Mark V

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MTMT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MTMT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Butterly Tenergy 05 to Yasaka Mark V
    Posted: 07/19/2018 at 2:06am
Got back after 10 years.  Using a 10.5 Jpen One Ply Hinoki with mediums + power relative to other 10.5 Jpen One Plys. Also medium softness. 

Started with Tenergy 05/2.1 sponge. Love it at first hit. Felt good, especially driving/looping.  However, after about 50-60 hours (estimated) I seem to have less and less control.  I reglued the same sheet to another balde.  Same effect. I don't think rubber loose control over time do they? 

Anyways, tried a sheet of Yasaka Mark V 2.0 just because it is supposedly a well regarded jack of all trades. 

Well....that's a bit of a revelation. I read that Tenergy is quite linear. And I thought so.  But the Mark V really felt a lot more linear.  Going back to the Tenergy, it felt bouncy.  Mark V felt solid and doesn't bottom either, but not hard. I feel that I get loads  more control. 

The Mark V seem to give me back what I put into it in my strokes with greater feedback.  When my shot goes haywire, I know why. Not always so with the Tenergy 05.  Also, I find that I can get a lot of spin on my drives/loops - albeit a bit less than the Tenergy 05. Also a bit less speed.  But it still feels potent. 

Anyone else feel so?  This stuff is old - 38 years ago, my buddy was using the Mark V. 

Now I want to try the Rozena next which is supposedly like the Tenergy 80. 

I don't know my rating but playing against others, I think I'm  probably around 1500+ though some would think my loops merits higher rating. Just getting back. 

So it seems that I'm going backwards in my rubber choice....:)  LOL!  Maybe I'm just a retro guy - jpen, one ply hinoki, old rubber.....:)   What next?  Long pips?  Hard bats?  :) :) :) 

Welcome any insights. 
Sponsored Links

chop4ever View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chop4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/19/2018 at 2:55am
There is Andro Roxon and Plasma, much more cheaper and very suitable for thick J-pen. They are in between T05 and MV
There is no real "pro", "prov" or "NT" H3 in the market.
Falco is not a booster
jonyer1980 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/19/2018 at 3:39am
Here´s some rubbers that aren´t as  fast as current ESN or Tenergy:

DHS TINARC&Tinarc 3, Xiom Vega Pro, Donic Barracuda, Goldarc V...

At 2018 i wouldn´t pay more than 10 for a Sriver or Mark V.  I´m not saying they´re bad, in fact they´re still nice,  linear and durable but there´s a bunch of rubbers that play 95% same at 1/3 of its price...

Focus Snipe 3 or Inspirit Quattro UL are quite good as well.

Edited by jonyer1980 - 07/19/2018 at 3:41am
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Avoid any Butterfly stuff... at abusive prices. Raw power without control means nothing
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic