Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

closed

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>
Author
Tt Gold View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tt Gold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/05/2018 at 5:50pm
are the blades faster than the usual commercial versions? A lot of people say that their blades are quite fast, so I was wondering if that's the case. Let's say for example you have a vis on one side, is it faster than the normal viscaria? I'm really tempted to order a blade.
Sponsored Links

Robin.w View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robin.w Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/05/2018 at 6:46pm
If you wanna speed, just change the intermediate ply to koto or spruce, it will make difference. More speed, changing the top ply  Ebony  will do more.
Originally posted by Tt Gold Tt Gold wrote:

are the blades faster than the usual commercial versions? A lot of people say that their blades are quite fast, so I was wondering if that's the case. Let's say for example you have a vis on one side, is it faster than the normal viscaria? I'm really tempted to order a blade.
Robin.w View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robin.w Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/05/2018 at 6:54pm
Looks it work great in you hand. So happy to hear that and will let the carpenter know. He will be happy now the blades he built are in most continent .  The special treated core is the most important element of the blades. 
Originally posted by Nelt Nelt wrote:

So, first impressions after very short session. 7 sets after training session with main setup: t05/viscaria 22 years old/barracuda.
First try is: t05hard/w968/core/vis/bluestorm z2. For fh it’s incredible fast, but with amazing speed and nice medium arch. Dwell time is also good. Frankly speaking, I was surprised, but dwell time on fh is longer, than my vis+t05.
https://imgur.com/rjkmfL2

Edited by Robin.w - 12/05/2018 at 7:04pm
Tt Gold View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tt Gold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2018 at 2:49am
Originally posted by Robin.w Robin.w wrote:

If you wanna speed, just change the intermediate ply to koto or spruce, it will make difference. More speed, changing the top ply  Ebony  will do more.
Originally posted by Tt Gold Tt Gold wrote:

I don't want more speed. I'm afraid that it's gonna be too fast compared to normal viscaria.
Robin.w View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robin.w Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2018 at 10:52am
Yes. Just know what you want and make specific change to get want you want
Tt Gold View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tt Gold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2018 at 3:27pm
What exactly happens to the kiri that is specially treated? What is the procedure?
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2018 at 4:09pm
I tested my combi-blade (fh W968 / bh Viscaria) during 3 more sessions, this time with a little bit softer and slower rubbers (Evolution FX-S), but the result is still the same: I REALLY like the feeling, but the blade is too thick and too fast for me. Therefore I will add it on my FS-thread in the next 2 days.
Robin.w View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robin.w Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2018 at 12:17am
Hope someone like more speed will get it . Do you have hurricane on hand? Maybe you can try that. The kiri core make the blade faster than the ayous one.

Edited by Robin.w - 12/07/2018 at 1:23am
Tt Gold View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tt Gold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2018 at 8:31am
Originally posted by Magic_M Magic_M wrote:

I tested my combi-blade (fh W968 / bh Viscaria) during 3 more sessions, this time with a little bit softer and slower rubbers (Evolution FX-S), but the result is still the same: I REALLY like the feeling, but the blade is too thick and too fast for me. Therefore I will add it on my FS-thread in the next 2 days.
What is your Rating? Just to get an idea how fast the blade is.
Nelt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nelt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2018 at 3:37pm
Today we tested w968 + h8hard (2 layers Kailin) and vis+bluefire m3.
Fh (w968) plays perfect, bh (vis) too fast. Thinking about order blade Limba/Ayous/dhs alc/Kiri/dhs alc/Limba/Limba in viscaria form factor and mizutani fl handle. Hope that will play perfect with t05hard on forehand and something like t05fx or mb bluestorm z2 2,1 on bh would be slower and more controllable.
Robin.w View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robin.w Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2018 at 3:55pm
I will let the carpenter know your thought and hope we can figure out a good way to slow down the BH. Thanks!

Originally posted by Nelt Nelt wrote:

Today we tested w968 + h8hard (2 layers Kailin) and vis+bluefire m3.
Fh (w968) plays perfect, bh (vis) too fast. Thinking about order blade Limba/Ayous/dhs alc/Kiri/dhs alc/Limba/Limba in viscaria form factor and mizutani fl handle. Hope that will play perfect with t05hard on forehand and something like t05fx or mb bluestorm z2 2,1 on bh would be slower and more controllable.
Robin.w View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robin.w Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/2018 at 12:01pm
Upup
Robin.w View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robin.w Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/11/2018 at 4:58pm
Talked with the carpenter about all you kindness feedback.
One way to make the blade a little slower and don't change the feel is cut the thickness of Core ply.
So the blade will be between 83~87 grams.  Difficult to build a 87~92 grams blade like that.(Kiri Core).
Custom orders welcome!
Robin.w View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robin.w Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/12/2018 at 1:51am
Second order of Speedy. These two are designed to be speedy. 1mm thicker core ply and Spruce intermediate ply 0.2mm thicker than normal(spruce is much stiffer than the limba or ayous). Total thickness 7mm. Weight 91.5 and 91.9 grams
We call them " Violence Vis". 

Edited by Robin.w - 12/12/2018 at 10:21am
vic#74 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vic#74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/12/2018 at 5:16am
It's a crime - putting rubbers on a such beautiful outer plies!    
ITC Premier XR
Nittaku Sieger Pk50
Tibhar Evolution EL-S
Robin.w View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robin.w Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/12/2018 at 11:14am
Agreed.

Edited by Robin.w - 12/12/2018 at 11:15am
speedy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/12/2018 at 12:41pm
Originally posted by vic#74 vic#74 wrote:

It's a crime - putting rubbers on a such beautiful outer plies!    

I agreed, but it's also a crime not to use them. LOL
speedy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/12/2018 at 12:44pm

Second order of Speedy. These two are designed to be speedy. 1mm thicker core ply and Spruce intermediate ply 0.2mm thicker than normal(spruce is much stiffer than the limba or ayous). Total thickness 7mm. Weight 91.5 and 91.9 grams
We call them " Violence Vis".

It's perfect thickness and weight for my game.  I will let you all know about the performance later.

EDITED:  The review below is created on February 18, 2019.

After 2 weeks playing with these blade, I can give a good review on this "Violence Vis."

First impression:  As you all can see, these blades look really nice.  After I applied some water-based sealer on the blades and handles.  They look even better (sorry, I am too lazy to take pictures).  Also, the handles are very comfortable to hold.  It feels exactly like the Clipper CR ST, and I love the Cliiper CR ST.  They are the best in my opinion.

Bounce test without rubbers:  When I bounced the ball without the rubbers, it doesn't have the speed that I expected.  I worried.  That's all for this.

Bounce test with the rubbers:  When I bounced the ball with the rubbers (short pips on the backhand and inverted on the forehand), it feels better.  However, it doesn't feel fast at all.  I worried LOL

First practice session I took it to my first practice session.  After I drive the ball twice, my concerns went away.  This is the monster I have been trying to create for my game.  If you play short pips on one side and inverted on the other side, then you have this one problem.  Are you ready?  You can't find a blade that give you the speed for your pips, but give you the power and control for your inverted.  This is a common problem.  It is difficult to find a blade that gives you the balance game for both sides.  So, what do you do?  You create the "Violence Vis" like I did.

Comparing to other blades when playing games:

Violence Vis ST vs. Clipper CR ST:  Of course, the Violence Vis is faster than the Clipper CR by at least 15%.  So, did the speed destroy the control?  No, it didn't.  It's faster than Clipper CR, but to me, the control is almost the same for my forehand with inverted rubber.  For the backhand with short pips, the Clipper CR has more control for blocking.  If you play with short pips, you know this issue I am about the tell you.  For passive blocking, it doesn't matter what blade you use.  However, for active (counter) blocking, it is good that you have a solid blade to punch the ball back.  This Violence Vis has this fast gear to destroy the topspin and punch through the opponent.   What about forehand loops/smashes?  Again, Clipper CR has that control near the table.  It can places the ball well.  Because the Violence Vis is faster, I had to learn and adjust a little, but within the first 15 minutes, it feels the same as the Clipper CR (this experience will vary depending on your level).  For mid-distance and far away from the table, the Violence Vis wins hands down.  It's not even a contest.  I could counter-looping effortless.  Last but not least, some of you may know me and my game.  I am forehand/backhand smasher.  I am not a looper.  So, if a blade can't smash well, I don't care how much that blade cost, I just don't care for it.  What about the Violence Vis?  It smashes well.  It reminds of the Butterfly Keyshot in the 38mm ball era.

Violence Vis ST vs. Michael Maze ST:  Before I do the comparison between these two, I will tell you this.  I use Michael Maze exclusively since the ITTF changed the ball from celluloid to plastic.  Why?  It has everything that I need; however, I always feel that I need more speed to play off the table (i.e. mid-distance).  For passive blocks, I don't really see a big difference between these two blades.  In fact, I prefer the Maze.  It seems to have that consistency (maybe, I am used to this blade).  With more practice with the Violence Vis, I may be able to have the same consistency that I do with the Maze.  For active (counter) blocking, again, the Violence Vis wins.  It has that speed advantage over the Maze.  Sometimes, we need that 2% speed to get the ball over the net.  In this case, it has about 10% more speed on the backhand.  For forehand loop near-the-table, the Maze feels better.  The Violence Vis struggles a little bit.  But, let's think about this a little bit.  I am not a looper LOL.  I am a smasher.  I don't care how it loops.  At my level, I know how to spin the first one on the table.  I only spin the first ball on the table and smash the next one coming over on my side.  So, the Violence Vis is perfect for my game.  For mid-distance counter-looping, again, the Violence Vis shines.  Maze is not bad, but its lack of power can hurt you a little because your opponent can easily block the ball back.

Rubbers:  I purposely left this information out of my review because I don't think it matters that much (or maybe I want keep this secret to myself Wink).  No, I am not a selfish person.  I will tell you.  I have been using Moristo SP 1.8mmm (thick) for the last 12 years.  Of course, I used it to test on the backhand.  For the forehand, I use Tenergy 80 and Donic Bluefire M3.  I prefer the T80.  It has better spin game.  The Bluefire M3 is not that bad, but when it comes to smashing, the T80 is better.  I briefly tested Hurricane 3 on the Violence Vis, and to my surprise, it was nice too.  However, I haven't played games with H3, so I can't tell you much here.  I don't do review for a blade or a rubber without playing a real game.

Spilling my secret:  What's the design of my Violence Vis?  As you can see, I love my Michael Maze, but it doesn't have the power/speed that I needed.  I tested the Butterfly Freitas ALC.  I liked it, but I am not going to pay anything over $200 anymore.  I used to do that, but no more.  Also, I have been playing soccer (football) a lot more (at least 6 hours a week) than table tennis (1 hour/month).  So, you can see my money goes to soccer more.  Enough of the non-sense about my soccer LOL.  So, I designed my Violence Vis similar to the Freitas, but a little bit faster (Robin can give you the details).

Final thoughts:  Does the Violence Vis play like any blades out there?  It's stupid for me to say it plays like anything out there.  I designed it differently, so it is unique.  I doesn't play like anything out there.  A better question would be who should use these blades?  I can easily answer that question.  If you are looking for something has more speed (not necessary better) than M. Maze, than this is the blade for you.  If you want a custom blade that is functional, this is the blade.  We all want beautiful custom-made blade, I get it. However, if it's not functional (meaning you can't trust it enough to play a tournament with it), then it's trash.

If you have any specific questions, PM me.

Good luck all,

Edited by speedy - 02/18/2019 at 1:46pm
Robin.w View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robin.w Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2018 at 10:12am
Bump
Robin.w View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robin.w Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/17/2018 at 1:21am
New custom blades ready to ship
Forehand : N301 construction with dyed koto( a little bit stiffer than undyed), yellow Alc inner near core ply
Backhand.:Vis construction with little fish scale koto
One with normal kiri core ply and one with enhanced special treated kiri core ply.

Edited by Robin.w - 12/17/2018 at 1:21am
Robin.w View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robin.w Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/19/2018 at 2:02pm
up
Robin.w View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robin.w Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/26/2018 at 12:04am
bump
Robin.w View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robin.w Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/27/2018 at 2:55pm
New handle options added.  Several An now available.  Maybe it is time to build your AN handle Vis
Robin.w View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Robin.w Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/02/2019 at 1:42pm
Recently we do some research and test on the special treated core ply.  We are doing 5,7,9 pieces combination and it turns out the results like below:
feel: 5>7>9
speed:9>7>5
flex:5=7>9
In the future, we will do 5 pieces  treatment as default and if you like the blade with more speed and stiffness, you can choose to use 7,9 pieces option.
Thanks for the feedbacks from previous buyer!
Happy new year!
Jolan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jolan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2019 at 12:53pm
Thumbs up for Robin.w and his carpenter.
Blades are really good and craftmanship far above average. I have now 2 combi H301+VIS (plus 1 in test) and one 3+2 Hinoki/alc/treated Kiri/alc/Hinoki and I like them a lot.
Thanks to Robin.w for his excellent service and communication and to the guy who makes the blades, he is really talented !
The Hinoki/alc blade was a trial to copy my current KLHS. At the end, it doesn't exactly look like, but oddly, I prefer it to the original. It's crispier, better in short game and more powerful mid distance. The all thing with a better control. All in all, quite amazing !
The combi one h301+vis is better than both originals H301 and Viscaria....
Well done guys !
Joola Wyzaryz Freeze
Vega pro 2.0mm
Vega intro 2.0mm
Blade collection : https://photos.app.goo.gl/PrgCu5ib5RnhVXTn9
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2019 at 3:07pm

In the future, we will do 5 pieces treatment as default and if you like the blade with more speed and stiffness, you can choose to use 7,9 pieces option.
I am sure, this is a good decision.
At least in my VIS968 a thinner core would have been the better option.

Edited by Magic_M - 01/06/2019 at 3:10pm
Robin.w View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robin.w Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2019 at 7:52pm
Thanks for your appreciation and feedback. I am new to this business and have lots to learn. The KLH has a unique core ply.  The carpenter will be excited to hear your feedback. Yours is the first one and  another is on sale here Click here

Originally posted by Jolan Jolan wrote:

Thumbs up for Robin.w and his carpenter.
Blades are really good and craftmanship far above average. I have now 2 combi H301+VIS (plus 1 in test) and one 3+2 Hinoki/alc/treated Kiri/alc/Hinoki and I like them a lot.
Thanks to Robin.w for his excellent service and communication and to the guy who makes the blades, he is really talented !
The Hinoki/alc blade was a trial to copy my current KLHS. At the end, it doesn't exactly look like, but oddly, I prefer it to the original. It's crispier, better in short game and more powerful mid distance. The all thing with a better control. All in all, quite amazing !
The combi one h301+vis is better than both originals H301 and Viscaria....
Well done guys !
Robin.w View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robin.w Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2019 at 7:54pm
Those options are all available. I will be glad to help you try all your ideas out. Actually, the one piece kiri core ply is still good as Jolan said.  Neither of his N301/VIS combo are special treated core ply. I am looking forward the feedback from "Speedy". He though his "enhanced vis"(thicker core ply) was not fast enough and build two "violence Vis"( thicker core ply +thick and stiffer intermediate ply). 
Originally posted by Magic_M Magic_M wrote:

In the future, we will do 5 pieces treatment as default and if you like the blade with more speed and stiffness, you can choose to use 7,9 pieces option.
I am sure, this is a good decision.
At least in my VIS968 a thinner core would have been the better option.

Edited by Robin.w - 01/06/2019 at 8:11pm
Crazypingpong View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crazypingpong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2019 at 10:15pm
Feedback on schlager carbon replica?
Robin.w View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robin.w Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2019 at 10:34pm
The owner of  schlager is  in the middle of tournament and has no time to adapt to a new blade. And the hinoki ply is a little bit  thicker on his blade make the FH a little unpredictable. The backhand has more spin than the original one thou. We now improve the design to make it better.

Edited by Robin.w - 01/06/2019 at 10:36pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>
  Share Topic