Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Andro Hexer Grip and Powergrip

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
GSOM_GSOM11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GSOM_GSOM11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/27/2018 at 5:36am
Can anyone plz compare Powergrip to the old Hexer?
Which one is overall harder, spinnier, are there major differences in throw and topsheet hardness?
Sponsored Links

jpenmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2018 at 12:04am
Top sheet has a matte finish. Playing on a softer 7 ply it's medium/high. It's not low but doesn't require a super closed blade angle. I played with it a few more hours tonight and it's really easy to play ,very forgiving and not spin sensitive like I feared. For some it might be a little slow as this rubber makes you work some . I would love to see a 50 degree version for the FH.
OSP Expert II w DNA Dragon Grip
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2018 at 6:46pm
Originally posted by jpenmaster jpenmaster wrote:

I played with Hexer Power Grip the other day on a 7 ply. It has a soft feel to the top sheet and generates a lot of spin,it is right there with T05. For me personally service spin is excellent. Sponge is the typical porous 47.5 that most players prefer. Overall this is a very spinny ,fast rubber with good control as it's not too bouncy. This is definitely a loopers rubber. If your shot is more of a drive or smash it's not going to be the best choice.

how is throw?
nv42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nv42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2018 at 4:12pm
Are the topsheets translucent like the older gen rubbers (rakza, aurus baracuda, genius, etc) or opaque like all the new gen stuff?
1.dhs pg2 fl

-FH t05h (max)
-BH tibhar genius (max)
jpenmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2018 at 3:12pm
I played with Hexer Power Grip the other day on a 7 ply. It has a soft feel to the top sheet and generates a lot of spin,it is right there with T05. For me personally service spin is excellent. Sponge is the typical porous 47.5 that most players prefer. Overall this is a very spinny ,fast rubber with good control as it's not too bouncy. This is definitely a loopers rubber. If your shot is more of a drive or smash it's not going to be the best choice.
OSP Expert II w DNA Dragon Grip
1dennistt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1dennistt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2018 at 1:13pm
Thanks!
Donic Waldner World Champion 1989 ZLC (Inner), Donic BlueStorm Pro (Red) Max, ????? (Black) 1.8 mm)
assam View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2018 at 3:00am
Ok, thanks
ondras.horak View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ondras.horak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2018 at 2:49am
1dennistt: Good point. I have tested them about three weeks now and it is quite hot outside but rainy this week. I havent ´t noticed any problems. I am curious about their performance in winter part of seasson. 

assam: I think that the speed level is +- about the same for Grip and little faster for Powergrip. The biggest improvement imho is in spin potential of topsheet. I think that Powergrip could be good competitor of T64 in way of speed. But I think it is still easier to control it. 

Edited by ondras.horak - 09/14/2018 at 2:54am
BTY SK7
FH Andro Hexer Powergrip 2,1
BH Andro Hexer Grip 1,9
assam View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/13/2018 at 6:52pm
Can you compare the speed with the original Hexer?
Is it as fast as a tenergy 64, for example?
1dennistt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1dennistt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/13/2018 at 4:30pm
Any opinion on how these new sheets handle high humidity?  The only down side to the Donic M2 I normally use is it tends to slip when the humidity gets high here in the summer months.

Thanks
Donic Waldner World Champion 1989 ZLC (Inner), Donic BlueStorm Pro (Red) Max, ????? (Black) 1.8 mm)
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ondras.horak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/13/2018 at 10:38am
Haha, thanks for a reply. It has a longer story in a background. I always catched pictures of new things right from my balcony like so https://www.instagram.com/p/BjSiaT7H45S/?taken-by=ondrashorak or like so https://www.instagram.com/p/Blc3h8fnENM/?taken-by=ondrashorak 
That was such a nice view but they started to build there anything... 

The Hexer rubbers are still on my blade and I am still enjoying them a lot! Really great pieces by Andro. 
Pr1nc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pr1nc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/13/2018 at 10:13am
Good review but I like most picture that look like you will throw rubbers into mud :P :)
Blade: Jun Mizutani ZLC
FH: Victas V > 15 Extra
BH: Victas V > 15 Extra
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ondras.horak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/13/2018 at 9:26am
Hello guys,

I would like to review two hot Andro brand new rubbers from Hexer series. New Hexers are the next stage of development that combines the best of the previous series Hexer and Rasant. Both of these rubbers were launched at the end of August and they are promising us a new solution to our plastic problem. Specifically, these rubbers have a topsheet made of 100% natural material. This trend has just begun, and besides Andro itself, we can see natural rubber for example at Xiom (Vega Pro) or Stiga (Mantra series). 

Andro Hexer Grip has a porous sponge with a hardness of 45 degrees and a significant green color. I had a red square, a sponge thickness 1.9 mm and a weight of 66 grams. Andro Hexer PowerGrip is his stronger sibling whose most distinctive paper difference is a harder sponge. It has 47.5 degrees, smaller pores and of course the green color. I tested a black square with 2.1 mm sponge and a weight of 70 grams. Packaging of rubbers is classic, black color and the design itself is suited to styling the Hexer series into a hellish origin. The description also reflects a little bit of comparison with TSP Super Ventus and Victas V> 01 Stiff with whom I play. I was keen especially about the Hexer Grip, because it (at least for me) fills a gap in a range of Rasanters.

I tested the rubbers on the seven-ply Butterfly SK7. Glued with TSP Bio Fix. The first sight after the cut, the rubbers are lighter than its competitors mentioned above, and they added 100 grams to all bats weight.
And now to the game. The first impression while playing were positive. The rubbers played absolutely steadily, well balanced. Spin potential of the rubbers is enormous. In terms of stiffness, I would say that the topsheet is at the bottom of the medium hardness, it is not sticky, but it is quite adherent. Topspins are really easy to play, I was getting more and more sureness to play the opening topspin from BH. Overally, I would say that my confidence increased in BH topspin game. The Grip seems to be a bit slower and "more technical" than Stiff, which is more direct. Spin is excellent from both rubbers, with Grip I feel spinning was little bit easier. 

Topspin from the FH side was steady. The contratopspins were extremely safe. Hexer PowerGrip is quite similar to Super Ventus in this way. Overally I thought the ideal space was rather closer to the table up to mid-range. Generally, for both rubbers (and more generally not just these two rubbers) the deeper a ball sink into the rubber the more controlled ball you get. Adapting to short play wasn´t problematic thanks to the similarities of rubbers I am used to.

In fact, it is quite possible that the Hexer Grip, at the thickness of 1.7 mm, would be found on a lot of defenders blades with no surprise. Its ball feeling is outstanding.

Conclusion. New Hexer series offers well made, quality rubbers for a plastic era. The softer Hexer Grip is slightly slower, with excellent control and a slightly higher arc. It has higher tolerance for mistakes. Ideal for players who are developing and want to increase their confidence and self-esteem in the strokes they are drilling. Hexer Powegrip is fastersharper with a slightly lower arc. It's really the faster brother of the Grip, the rubbers are very close to each other. I think these rubbers are absolutely amazing substitution of older Hexers with all modern elements of todays game style.

In one word - Hexcellent.

Edited by ondras.horak - 09/13/2018 at 9:38am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic