Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Twisting f/h to b/h rubber when serving ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Stavros View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stavros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Twisting f/h to b/h rubber when serving ?
    Posted: 10/08/2018 at 6:56am
Do you serve with your spinnier rubber?

What I mean is :
You have a spinny rubber on your f/h and a non spinny rubber on your b/h.
When I do a b/h serve , I twist the racket and I use the f/h rubber just for the b/h serve . 

It is normal for the defenders and pip-out players but what about the others ?

Blade: Stiga Infinity
FH: Dignics 80
BH: Dignics 05
Sponsored Links

mhnh007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhnh007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2018 at 7:03am
No. I only serve bh when I want to mix up my serve a little to keep my opponent guessing, so the extra spin or not is not important.
Kolev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2018 at 10:21am
I actually do, mostly to confuse my opponent up with more or eventually less spin, although I don't always twiddle back fast enough and sometimes I wind up with kind a funny grip especially when the ball comes back fast
Hallmark Carbon Extreme (x3)
FH: D05/G1/RX
BH: Z2/D64/Ω7Pro
BRS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BRS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2018 at 12:48pm
What I'd like to learn is a sort of goofy serve where the stance and motion starts like normal fh pendulum, but at the end you contort your wrist and serve with the bh rubber. I've seen some players do it. Since I have SP bh it would produce a very different ball. It would only ever be a change of pace one or two serves a match. Maybe use it at 7-5 up, trying to steal a cheap point to close out the set, and maybe put my opponent on tilt if they are inclined that way.
Tt Gold View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tt Gold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2018 at 2:02pm
@brs you could just serve with your pips on forehand. Just don't show them that your twiddled. Keep the racket below the table and then behind the body until you have to contact the ball.
BRS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BRS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2018 at 4:28pm
Originally posted by Tt Gold Tt Gold wrote:

@brs you could just serve with your pips on forehand. Just don't show them that your twiddled. Keep the racket below the table and then behind the body until you have to contact the ball.

That's probably a better plan. I haven't put much effort into twiddling yet, mostly because I have no clue how to hit a sp fh. But whrb I olay profivient twiddlers it really messes eith my mind, so I want to learn it.
Tt Gold View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tt Gold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2018 at 4:32pm
Originally posted by BRS BRS wrote:

That's probably a better plan. I haven't put much effort into twiddling yet, mostly because I have no clue how to hit a sp fh. But whrb I olay profivient twiddlers it really messes eith my mind, so I want to learn it.
did you fall asleep on your keyboard?
BRS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BRS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2018 at 4:48pm
Actually I have a danish keyboard as well as english to use with duolingo, and sometimes i accidentally switch by swiping the space bar. And all the characters move around to make room for nonsense like ænderne har grønne bukser på.
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2018 at 6:29pm

It's gonna require some incredibly good hand control to keep the serves tight coz the SP and inverted is gonna feel so different....
-------
Viscaria
FH: Hurricane 8-80
BH: D05

Back to normal shape bats :(
Tt Gold View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tt Gold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2018 at 7:17pm
It not "that" hard. I'm sure BRS can do it. His skill level is too high to struggle with it.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic