Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Strategy against Chopper

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
pacificspice View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pacificspice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Strategy against Chopper
    Posted: 12/03/2018 at 12:02pm
Hi I have a player who continuously chops with a Tackiness Chop rubber and I have trouble looping him consistently. 
My USATT rating is 1620 and I play LP on BH and inverted on FH.

He returns all my loops back and I sometimes loop it into the net. He mostly plays with his BH and returns are usually back on my BH. 

Even though I was able to beat him I want to win a little more with ease next time I face a similarly styled player. 

Thanks.

Edited by pacificspice - 12/03/2018 at 12:07pm
Sponsored Links

vvk1 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vvk1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/2018 at 12:11pm
Hard to do better than Larry Hodges treatise:

Edited by vvk1 - 12/03/2018 at 12:11pm
Matt Pimple View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Pimple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/2018 at 12:41pm
Originally posted by pacificspice pacificspice wrote:

Hi I have a player who continuously chops with a Tackiness Chop rubber and I have trouble looping him consistently. 

If you have LP on your BH you can drop the chops short with your pips when they get too heavy for relooping. You can make him move in and out that way; most choppers are better at moving sideways.
OSP Ultimate; Dr. Neubauer Dominance Spin Hard max, Dr. Neubauer Troublemaker 0.5

My Feedback
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/2018 at 12:47pm
At 1600ish level, no one is gunna be a continuous looping machine. I was there and went through similar growing pains.

You could setup and execute a better kill shot on first attack, or you could setup a better chance on second attack.

One place to attack is right at the choppers forehead. It is a small target, but a good one.

You could also just have a strong fh or bh to the pips on 1st attack.

Let's be real though... it is easier for the lp player at your level to be more consistent.
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/2018 at 2:38pm
Originally posted by pacificspice pacificspice wrote:

He returns all my loops back and I sometimes loop it into the net. He mostly plays with his BH and returns are usually back on my BH. 

Even though I was able to beat him I want to win a little more with ease next time I face a similarly styled player. 

Thanks.

Serve long to bh no spin and starr slow loops to the sidelines then attack strong to middle
passifid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote passifid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/2018 at 2:46pm
1600 (or as i know it intermediate?) and tackyness -c is farmiliar.
My tip to you:
Its a hard tack rubber which will create TONS of spin, but also VERY spin sensitive like how h3 is
Vary your spin up make him move and if he can chop consistantly but also attack well enough to beat you then you gotta get better as that would hint his level has been underestimated.
Get used to the short touch push where you take the spin mostly off instead of pushing back with backspin to try and disarm his repeated chops and good luck
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic