Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nittaku small handle help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Verdantstorm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Verdantstorm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nittaku small handle help
    Posted: 12/11/2018 at 11:11pm
I'm currently using a normal acoustic FL but dislike its small handle and also dislike the acoustic LG as the handle is too big...

I'm trying to find an in between handle that is made by Nittaku and have the following blades in mind:
a) Kasumi special
b) WG5
c) Septear carbon
d) Latika 7
e) Tornado king speed
f) Winglight

Can anyone with these blades comment on how comfortable the handles are? Preferably in comparison to the acoustic and acoustic LG (flare handle).

As a reference only, I really like Butterfly's ZJK ALC & Viscaria handles. However please don't suggest any other brands' handles as it won't work out for me.

If I find a compatible handle in the mentioned list, I'll be special ordering an acoustic with that handle.

Cheers,

Edited by Verdantstorm - 12/11/2018 at 11:19pm
Sponsored Links

Kolev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/12/2018 at 3:59am
I presume the original Latika(the one I have) has the same handle as Latika 7 which is very, very comfortable(FL) On the other hand why not trying grip tape. You can create any shape with it
Hallmark Carbon Extreme (x3)
FH: D05/G1/RX
BH: Z2/D64/Ω7Pro
Ck1407 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ck1407 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/12/2018 at 5:13am
have u tried using grip tape on ur acoustic? like those tape that badminton players use on their rackets, it will be cheaper compared to a new blade + 2 pieces of rubber 
purpletiesto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purpletiesto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/12/2018 at 7:06am
Nittaku grip tape is actually ... amazing
HuLimei View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuLimei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/12/2018 at 10:28am
Jesus Tits in 2018 we STILL have this:

"Everything about this current blade is perfect for me except handle. NEED to buy a NEW blade" mentality.

This place will never change.
Butefly Wiscaria Cold Edition (w/Black Tag)
FH: Tee-Oh-Five Hardest
BH: Tee-Oh-Five Hardur
JohnnyChop View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyChop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/16/2018 at 12:06am
Or go to your local sports store and grab a tennis racket overgrip... They come in various thickness so you will be able to find the thickness you need
729 Battle 2 Yasaka Goibao 5 Nittaku Fastarc G1   
Nittaku Fastarc G1 Butterfly Cypress Max
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/16/2018 at 8:17pm
Originally posted by acpoulos acpoulos wrote:

Rubber sleeve, about $1. Problem solved.

Originally posted by JohnnyChop JohnnyChop wrote:

Or go to your local sports store and grab a tennis racket overgrip... They come in various thickness so you will be able to find the thickness you need

These are quotes from people who likely play with ALC or other composite blades.
They don't rely on the feel of the wood to provide feedback during strokes.

Traditional 5 ply players know what I mean.
US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
vanjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vanjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/16/2018 at 8:50pm
You do not have to play with wood blades to have feel. My blade has a zylon graphite weave (whatever that is). I would never use grip tape. I cannot imagine buying a high quality Nittaku blade and add tennis grip tape or a rubber sleeve over that work of art.
HuLimei View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuLimei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/16/2018 at 9:21pm
Originally posted by icontek icontek wrote:

These are quotes from people who likely play with ALC or other composite blades.
Look at OP post. He's asking recommends from a list of Carbon blades.
Also no amount of "feel" will ever benefit Forum user level players except maybe dan seemiller.
Butefly Wiscaria Cold Edition (w/Black Tag)
FH: Tee-Oh-Five Hardest
BH: Tee-Oh-Five Hardur
JohnnyChop View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyChop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/16/2018 at 11:12pm
I think plenty of pros play with wraps... I think Samsonov used to and Aruna currently.
Of course wraps aren’t ideal but sometime the blade you like only comes in small handles for the Asian market, what else can you do?
I use Wilson overgrip pro which is thin and hard so I do feel like there are enough feedback, muted yes but enough... but to each thier own I guess
729 Battle 2 Yasaka Goibao 5 Nittaku Fastarc G1   
Nittaku Fastarc G1 Butterfly Cypress Max
Verdantstorm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Verdantstorm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/18/2018 at 2:43am
Thanks for all the input.

I have tried an overgrip (tourna) and it works great but as someone has already mentioned, I'd rather not cover the artwork (first world problems).

Anyone in Melbourne own a Latika 7, Septear Carbon or Tornado King Speed/Power? I'd like to get a feel for the handles if possible.

Originally posted by HuLimei HuLimei wrote:

Originally posted by icontek icontek wrote:

Look at OP post. He's asking recommends from a list of Carbon blades.
Also no amount of "feel" will ever benefit Forum user level players except maybe dan seemiller.

I'm not actually interested in the blades themselves but rather the handles. Nittaku custom order only allows the mixing and matching of blades & handles that are already in production. 

Edited by Verdantstorm - 12/18/2018 at 2:44am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic