Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

W968 - Letters vs W968 - Numbers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
GabrielTopspin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GabrielTopspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: W968 - Letters vs W968 - Numbers
    Posted: 05/01/2019 at 8:08am
Sponsored Links

guni4you View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guni4you Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/01/2019 at 1:57pm
The numbers national version will be even slower.It is a very linear blade.You get what you put in.But because of the bigger headsize the national version will have more dwell and feeling.It will be a little bit different from the letters version that you have just like the letters version is different from commercial long 5.It won’t blow you away.It is just going to be a blade with a lot of control.But if you use full swing and good technique the ball will have a lot of power and spin.
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/01/2019 at 11:56pm
I have both blades at the moment. On inspection, they look exactly the same other than the composite fiber (the Donic one seems to have a higher carbon / arylate ratio (less yellow and more blue).

Regarding the pieces I have, my W968 is slower (more linear yet more powerful) & has more dwell. And it has a better (thicker) handle. Basically, what I was looking for in a HL5 but could not find.

True, for most players, they are better off first trying the Donic blade to see if that satisfies. Saves a lot of money!

Edited by slevin - 05/02/2019 at 12:11am
Colin Ksh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colin Ksh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/18/2022 at 3:37pm
is it worth buying the provincial w968 for around $270 usd? HL5 is about $145 on tt11. is it worth to spend more on provincial?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic