Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Incredible talent / unbelievable shots!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/04/2019 at 2:22pm
Originally posted by Kolev Kolev wrote:

Originally posted by pgpg pgpg wrote:

Willing to bet his rubbers are approaching anti level of grip. Dead sponge too, most likely. 
My initial thoughts.....

Agreex 100
Looks like basement  yard player not somebody who keeps his rubbers in good shape
Sponsored Links

andras View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andras Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/04/2019 at 4:00pm
Thys guy Is from Italy .....same post in Italy's forum....2 inverter Rubber Clapfor this Is awensome .....If use antispin...lp.....ecc...not Is incrediblelWink

Edited by andras - 05/04/2019 at 4:01pm
ericd937 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericd937 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/04/2019 at 6:54pm
Originally posted by mts388 mts388 wrote:

Originally posted by ericd937 ericd937 wrote:

The original video is amazing. I like his style. People are comparing him to Adam Bobrow, but I think this guy is more fun to watch even if Adam Bobrow may be a better player. What level do you think that guy in the video is? I guess hes at least 1700 or 1800, probably a good bit higher. It's hard to tell from just a few clips. It reminds me a guy named Mark in Clearwater, FL, but this guy in the video attacks better. The guy in Florida uses long pimple on forehand, but they do however have similar technique and nonathletic stance. The guy in Florida usually hovers between like 1650 and 1850, but I think the guy in the video has better serves and attacks better. 

I don't think the guy is a good as you think.  Remember this is a highlight video.  His opponents look okay, but he barely beat the first guy and lost to the second guy.  His unique style is fun to watch though.

So what do you estimate his level? Most of the opponents in the video are probably at least 1500. 

Edited by ericd937 - 05/04/2019 at 6:57pm
Current Setup: TBS FH T80/BH D80
Official USATT Rating 1815
Current estimated level: 1800-1900.
mts388 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mts388 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/05/2019 at 12:49am

I don't think the guy is a good as you think.  Remember this is a highlight video.  His opponents look okay, but he barely beat the first guy and lost to the second guy.  His unique style is fun to watch though.
[/QUOTE]

So what do you estimate his level? Most of the opponents in the video are probably at least 1500. 
[/QUOTE]

It's so hard to tell watching a highlight video, but I'd put the second guy at about 1700, maybe less.  I didn't see anything in the way of good serves.  
Simas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/05/2019 at 10:57am
Originally posted by skip3119 skip3119 wrote:

Originally posted by piligrim piligrim wrote:

The guy in red. 

that's obvious :D and indeed they do look similar. In their stance and lack of full arm movement...

but the Italian guy is buy far more weird. And by far more entertaining to watch then Bobrow! :)

Originally posted by Kolev Kolev wrote:

[QUOTE=pgpg]Willing to bet his rubbers are approaching anti level of grip. Dead sponge too, most likely. 
My initial thoughts.....
Same here!

Anyways, it would be nice to get more videos of this guy!
Stiga Offensive Classic Legend
DHS Hurricane Neo3
Donic Bluefire JP01 Turbo
kakapo View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kakapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/05/2019 at 11:56am
His footwork is impressive !!! Must teach it in every TT school...
Def play grey grip 94gr, Venus 2 blue 2,2, Neubauer KO extreme 1,3mm
igorponger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/08/2019 at 2:37pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kM08gjMFozs

I was recently emailed from my Italian friends
Quote We have a fancy boy, he plays old fashion style as if he was born in the year 1918.
We suspect him watching archive videos a lot.
His name Davide Girardi, 1989 yob

Edited by igorponger - 05/08/2019 at 2:40pm
Pushblocker View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pushblocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/08/2019 at 3:00pm

[QUOTE=pingpungpeng]his style reminds me of the famous olivier mader a bit

I don't see anything close to Oliver.  Oliver is much, much better and the style isn't even close.
I could see myself struggling against that guy.. It's hard to estimate his actual level.. His understanding and manipulation of spin is amazing while his game is completely unathletic.
I'm impressed with his no arm forehand attack.. It almost looks like a backhand stroke but is very fast.
2010 Florida State Champion

Dr. Neubauer Firewall Plus Blade with DHS G666 1.5mm on forehand Giant Dragon Talon National Team OX on backhand
mhnh007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mhnh007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/08/2019 at 4:30pm
If I play team league, I would love to have this guy on my team.  Not only he can win games, but help his whole team win.  His opponent will sure have the bad night after playing him LOL.  His acceleration and control seem like he can play normal, but choose not to, most of the unorthodox player borrow spin and power from opponent, this guy doesn't.
mts388 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mts388 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/08/2019 at 4:33pm
Originally posted by mhnh007 mhnh007 wrote:

If I play team league, I would love to have this guy on my team.  Not only he can win games, but help his whole team win.  His opponent will sure have the bad night after playing him LOL.  His acceleration and control seem like he can play normal, but choose not to, most of the unorthodox player borrow spin and power from opponent, this guy doesn't.

Remember, you watched a highlight video.  I suspect that he missed more of those weird shots than he made.  Also the second guy that beat him didn't look real good.

doraemon View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doraemon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/08/2019 at 7:49pm
Originally posted by igorponger igorponger wrote:

No wonder people don't take TT seriously.  In the beginning, they play TT like going to the office:  shirt, sweater plus long pants. LOL
Blade : Just wood
FH : black rubber
BH : red rubber
pingpungpeng View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpungpeng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/08/2019 at 8:31pm
if he played in the chinese super league the matches would never start because the opponent would think he is not ready.....
like fang bo, remember? when he would just stay standing for a couple seconds more and this would upset his opponents.

Edited by pingpungpeng - 05/08/2019 at 8:31pm
ericd937 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericd937 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/08/2019 at 8:55pm
Originally posted by doraemon doraemon wrote:

Originally posted by igorponger igorponger wrote:

No wonder people don't take TT seriously.  In the beginning, they play TT like going to the office:  shirt, sweater plus long pants. LOL

Was that Forrest Gump? 
ericd937 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericd937 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/08/2019 at 9:02pm
Originally posted by Pushblocker Pushblocker wrote:

[QUOTE=pingpungpeng]his style reminds me of the famous olivier mader a bit

I don't see anything close to Oliver.  Oliver is much, much better and the style isn't even close.
I could see myself struggling against that guy.. It's hard to estimate his actual level.. His understanding and manipulation of spin is amazing while his game is completely unathletic.
I'm impressed with his no arm forehand attack.. It almost looks like a backhand stroke but is very fast.

I could see this guy giving a lot of people problems the first few times they played him. It seems like one of those styles that surprises people, but the more you play him you could figure out how to beat him.
penholderxxx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote penholderxxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/08/2019 at 9:32pm
' I could see this guy giving a lot of people problems the first few times they played him. It seems like one of those styles that surprises people, but the more you play him you could figure out how to beat him. ' - ericd937

I would think so. I think a good strategy to is attack him and not to allow him to play his game. Put him on the defense.
But of course, that is if you are able to do so.LOL
Iloveplayingtabletennis
balldance View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote balldance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/09/2019 at 2:01am
I don't think it's that hard to play this guy. Of course we will be surprised with his unorthodox shots but he's likely to miss a lot as well. This is just a highlight video and he lost the second opponent who doesn't look too good.

The guy is amazing though. I guess he's one of those players that don't really care about winning or losing, they just chase the joy of playing table tennis and shocking people with their crazy shots. If you care about the result, you just can't play this style.

Edited by balldance - 05/09/2019 at 2:01am
igorponger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/09/2019 at 10:15am
AMERICA GOT TALENTS, a lot.

Every nation got pingpang talents, all nations are producing talented individuals, without exception. Mostly, those talented guys play bizarre and yet effective style.   

Mr. Ryan Gibson (2160 National Raiting) , a prominent representative for the Seemiller's grip family.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic