FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

it was all a lie...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
pingpungpeng View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpungpeng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: it was all a lie...
    Posted: 05/18/2019 at 8:13pm
Used t05 with viscaria.....used joola rhyzer.... Butterfly rozena....andro rasant....Carbon, zlc, you name it.

And I lost many times.....

What did I use today?
Tibhar lebesson, a slow blade by all standards.
Similar speed to a stiga allround classic.

Rubbers? Dhs hurricane III no boost in fh.
Sanwei target provincial in bh (no boost).

And I played great.
Didn't feel a lack of power at all.

Edited by pingpungpeng - 05/18/2019 at 8:14pm
Sponsored Links

piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2019 at 8:22pm
I have similar story. after viscaria, mizutani, freitas ...
using donic dicon and feel much better then any $300 blade :)
TT newbie View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT newbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2019 at 8:35pm
Not a lie, it depends on player´s level.
A pro player will certainly be more aggressive with a Viscaria + T05 than with Allround Classic + unboosted H3.
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpungpeng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2019 at 9:02pm
Originally posted by piligrim piligrim wrote:

I have similar story. after viscaria, mizutani, freitas ...
using donic dicon and feel much better then any $300 blade :)

actually I was already using slowish blades.
my previous setup was tibhar chila with rhyzer both sides.
the real change was the rubbers.
and even the h3 felt fast in some shots...
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2019 at 9:25pm
Basically I think either you have a fast setup and have really good touch for soft shots, or have a slow setup and hit very powerfully...
-------
Viscaria
FH: Hurricane 8-80
BH: D05

Back to normal shape bats :(
Lula View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/19/2019 at 12:28am
i hope more people follow this. It is a bad tendency that players with not so high level or developing players chose the fastest most expensive equipment because it is supoose to be the best they think. But in the real world it serious limit their control ans play and their opportunities to develop further more. 

I would say that alot of people that want fast or faster equipment should work on their technique instead. 
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/19/2019 at 2:18am
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
Nightsky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/19/2019 at 2:27am
Originally posted by zeio zeio wrote:

LOL LOL LOL
hunkeelin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunkeelin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/19/2019 at 2:38am
Originally posted by pingpungpeng pingpungpeng wrote:

Used t05 with viscaria.....used joola rhyzer.... Butterfly rozena....andro rasant....Carbon, zlc, you name it.

What did I use today?

And I played great.

It's not fast, slow, whatever. It's the fact that you found the "right" blade for you. That said, if you stick with one setup long enough it will become the right blade for you because your skills will develop around the blade. I have my longest rating/skill stagnation when I start EJing. As soon as I just pick one setup and stick with it my level increase regardless whether I am using h3/t05/xiom etc...
vanjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vanjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/19/2019 at 7:39am
I have always favored a slower, more control set up. However I went to a fast, hard blade a year or two ago and although i try i cannot go back to a slower blade without a significant drop in my level-even using the same rubber. 
Short game touch is almost a thing of the past. No one anywhere near my level puts any focus on it. I actually get a number of points by serving short, but almost never play someone else who does.
Tt Gold View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tt Gold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/19/2019 at 11:52am
Originally posted by hunkeelin hunkeelin wrote:

What did I use today?

And I played great.

It's not fast, slow, whatever. It's the fact that you found the "right" blade for you. That said, if you stick with one setup long enough it will become the right blade for you because your skills will develop around the blade. I have my longest rating/skill stagnation when I start EJing. As soon as I just pick one setup and stick with it my level increase regardless whether I am using h3/t05/xiom etc...
Not entirely true. If you use a fast setup you might be able to adapt and manage to play the balls on the table, but you can’t increase the speed and not on, because you don’t have proper technique to do it. Once you take away the blades speed, you’ll have bad technique without any quality. Your performance with the blade might increase, but your level wont
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpungpeng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/19/2019 at 11:58am
Originally posted by hunkeelin hunkeelin wrote:

What did I use today?

And I played great.

I think maybe I've been ejing for so long that I'm immune to it LOL
I only played with this blade and h3/sanwei-target for one session.
and I did great.
maybe in the future I will play worse, maybe better.
in my case I think it depends more on how I feel in the moment, rather than training or equipment.

I mean of course, if you train 3 times a week intensively, go to tournaments often.... yeah equipment is really important, don't change it if possible.

but my situation is more like playing sometimes, no real training just some fun matches.

Edited by pingpungpeng - 05/19/2019 at 12:24pm
Simon_plays View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simon_plays Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/19/2019 at 12:55pm
I read somewhere recently that for amateurs problems tend to arise from lack of proper shot shape, which is a combination of wrong contact point, no use of body in shot and then poor recovery. All of which need good footwork so that the shape of the shot can be more consistent. 

So, doesn't really matter if you've got an off or off minus blade. Chances are on the day when you've just changed your equipment you're more hyped to play = your footwork is a bit better = you play much better.

After 2 or 3 sessions this effect wears off and you're back to normal. 

Just stick to your blade (so long as it's not a Schlager T5000) and find a way to get hyped on extra footwork!
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpungpeng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/19/2019 at 1:12pm
Originally posted by Simon_plays Simon_plays wrote:

I read somewhere recently that for amateurs problems tend to arise from lack of proper shot shape, which is a combination of wrong contact point, no use of body in shot and then poor recovery. All of which need good footwork so that the shape of the shot can be more consistent. 

So, doesn't really matter if you've got an off or off minus blade. Chances are on the day when you've just changed your equipment you're more hyped to play = your footwork is a bit better = you play much better.

Just stick to your blade (so long as it's not a Schlager T5000) and find a way to get hyped on extra footwork!

In my case I think it was not so much the new equipment.
It was just getting there and having a guy with similar level arrive at the same time, warmup, then play some nice matches against respectable players.

This doesn't happen all the time.
Sometimes you have to wait, you have to play with players who don't challenge you...it's like evertything seems an obstacle.
Or people who are nervous.
All that takes me out of the zone.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2019 at 1:18am
so who lied to you?
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpungpeng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2019 at 6:33am

Edited by pingpungpeng - 05/20/2019 at 6:40am
Thot View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2019 at 9:36am
I used to play with faster than I could handle setups, but recently I've started to go slow and my unforced errors are fewer.
For most of the amateur level players an OFF- setup is more than sufficient. A guy I know play more offensive with a DEF wood and slow/soft rubbers. With TB ALC and Tenergy he's playing defensively because he can't control the equipment.
A faster equipment doesn't help you when you're in a bad position and can't the hit the ball at the right angle. A slower setup helps you when you are in situations like this.

BeaverMD View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeaverMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2019 at 12:48pm
Originally posted by Simon_plays Simon_plays wrote:

+1

Yep, gotta be aware of the "honeymoon phase" when trying out new equipment.  I don't accept a piece of gear as part of my set up until I play either a tournament or league match with it.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic