FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

request for comparison review: STN vs H3N

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
fmarek View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fmarek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: request for comparison review: STN vs H3N
    Posted: 09/09/2019 at 6:04am
Hey,

Sanwei Target National MAX blue sponge 
vs 
DHS Hurricane 3 National blue sponge

It appears to be that it took me about 1 year of active training in the club to develop some TT skills and most importantly settle on equipment. At least I am not changing it anymore and have no intention to.

After trying many good and no so good products I find that this setup gives me the most confidence, satisfaction and still encourages me to improve. 

I have settled on offensive, medium priced racket:

BH: DHS Skyline 3-60 H37, orange sponge, red rubber
FH: Sanwei Target National, blue sponge, black rubber
Blade: ZJK ALC, FL
Overall weight: 193g

I probably will never convince myself to pay $$ for DHS Hurricane 3 National blue sponge rubber. Lots of controversy going on regarding authenticity of these. Some say it does not even exist :) Anyway, versions on sale online aren't cheap.

However, I am curious to read a fair review, sort of back-to-back comparison from someone who used both Sanwei Target National and DHS Hurricane3 National (white package with red wrting) I'd like to understand what properties Hurricane 3 National brings to the table where STN cannot, given a huge price difference (about x3 times).

Thanks

Edited by fmarek - 09/09/2019 at 8:42am
729 Green Goblin 5, FH: 729 Battle II National H39, BH: Palio HK1997 Gold.
DHS Long 5, FH: 729 Battle II Gold H40, BH: Nittaku C1
Sponsored Links

man_iii View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote man_iii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/09/2019 at 8:38am
STN might need to be re-glued from time to time with VOC glue or using Booster oils. STN is the tackiest topsheet I  have seen when compared to TG2Neo, TG3-60 and H3Neo commercial. 

DHS Skyline TG3-60 mid-hard is slower than DHS Skyline TG2-Neo. TG2Neo is less durable than TG3-60 rubber. Again boosting TG2Neo works very well to restore the rubber though Topsheet will slowly degrade and does not restore beyond 1 year time. TG2Neo is tacky, TG3Neo is non-tacky, TG3-60 is tacky  slightly less than TG2Neo. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic