Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

SDC Handmade Blades

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 27>
Author
yoyoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote yoyoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/17/2022 at 9:38am
Just got my second SDC bat delivered here in the Netherlands now I am going to put rubbers on it. And Wednesday I a go trying it out.
I honestly don't know what kind of woods it is.
But it looks and feels good. 
Maybe Sergio (hypnotic) can react to tell what it is. 
Sponsored Links

Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/17/2022 at 11:02am
The top ply is Limba and the handle is Padauk  Smile
SDC Handmade Blades / www.sdcttblades.com / Insta - @sdc_tt_blades / Facebook - @SDCblades
Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/19/2022 at 3:41am
Some inspiration on the old Butterfly Cresail for the handle on this one.

Composition: Koto / Ayous / IC / Ayous / IC / Ayous / Koto
Weight: 87.1g
Thickness: 5.75mm
Freq.: 1270Hz
Balance: 3.1cm (Med)

SDC Handmade Blades / www.sdcttblades.com / Insta - @sdc_tt_blades / Facebook - @SDCblades
Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/21/2022 at 3:34am
This one was based on a W968-5, a w968 with an Ebony top layer, but with a bigger core, so basically a W968x-5! Complicated name 😅

Composition: Ebony / Ayous / AC / Ayous / AC / Ayous / Ebony
Weight: 94g
Thickness: 6.05mm
Freq.: 1380Hz
Balance: 2.5cm (Low)

Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/24/2022 at 4:52am
This is a blade for close to the table play. Stiff and fast with a low trajectory, but a soft feeling. The head size and handle are a little smaller than usual to allow faster FH to BH transitions and faster wrist movements.

Available FS.

Composition: Spruce / Aramid / Balsa / GF/ Balsa / Aramid / Spruce
Weight: 85.3g
Thickness: 6.9mm
Freq.: 1636Hz
Balance: 2.6cm (Med/Low)

stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/24/2022 at 7:47pm
What a beauty! I bet this blade has common playing points with the one you sent me. Soft and thick outer, center composite bi-balsa core, bouncy-bounce trampolino, I would love it for sure, especially with boosted hurricane 37, it's a fantastic setup to get crazy spin without sacrificing  speed.

This one actually makes more sense than mine, I'd say it is as far in terms of bounciness and speed as we can get without falling into craziness territory. Big smile

Harald View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Harald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/24/2022 at 11:44pm
Love the Spruce,just kidding.
Awesome!

Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/25/2022 at 3:59am
Originally posted by stiltt stiltt wrote:

What a beauty! I bet this blade has common playing points with the one you sent me. Soft and thick outer, center composite bi-balsa core, bouncy-bounce trampolino, I would love it for sure, especially with boosted hurricane 37, it's a fantastic setup to get crazy spin without sacrificing  speed.

This one actually makes more sense than mine, I'd say it is as far in terms of bounciness and speed as we can get without falling into craziness territory. Big smile

Yes, it shares some common features with your blade, but this one is not nearly as bouncy. Your blade was supposed to be crazy, that was the whole fun of it Smile
yoyoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote yoyoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/25/2022 at 7:06am
It looks very similar to one of my SDC bat's but to be honest I have no idea what kinds of woods are used etc.
I only know it looks great and plays very good to. 
Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2022 at 3:57am
It may not seem like it, but this one was a real challenge. I was asked for a inner zc blade with a thinner kiri core, smaller head size but head heavy, all within a limit of about 85g. Kiri cores and head heavy usually don't go hand in hand, and it's even more difficult with a smaller head size. Luckily I have in stock some really heavy Kiri, but it still took a lot of planning to make sure the weight of all the layers was correct, in order to get a good result in the end.

Composition: Limba / Limba / ZC / Kiri / ZC / Limba / Limba
Weight: 86.2g
Thickness: 5.7mm
Freq.: 1300Hz
Balance: 3.9cm (High)

yoyoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yoyoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2022 at 6:01am
Originally posted by yoyoman yoyoman wrote:

It looks very similar to one of my SDC bat's but to be honest I have no idea what kinds of woods are used etc.

@hypnotic is it possible for you to tell here what kind of bat/blade it is????

Edited by yoyoman - 01/26/2022 at 6:05am
Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2022 at 6:24am
Originally posted by yoyoman yoyoman wrote:

Yoyoman, I have replied earlier. I also thought you saw the composition when you bought it. 

Anyway, the composition is Limba / Ayous / I-C / Ayous / I-C / Ayous / Limba and the handle is made from Padauk. 
yoyoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yoyoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2022 at 7:49am
Thanks a lot I lost the note where i had it written on. Thumbs Up
Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2022 at 3:22am
A Maze Passion remake, supposedly with a Danish flag handle, but just when I needed that Padauk to turn red, it didn't 😭

Composition: Limba / GF / Pine / Ayous / Pine / GF / Limba
Weight: 89.4cm
Thickness: 5.35mm
Freq.: 1230Hz

ChiPolisky View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChiPolisky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2022 at 4:32am
Waou, @hipnotic what a beauty of a handmade blades Thumbs Up
Chi.
Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2022 at 5:23pm
Originally posted by ChiPolisky ChiPolisky wrote:

Waou, @hipnotic what a beauty of a handmade blades Thumbs Up

Thanks!
Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/31/2022 at 3:52am
This blade has been on the website for a while, which breaks my heart because I honestly think it's one of the best blades I have there. I think the holes on the handle were bothering some of you, so I decided to fill them. It takes away some of the natural beauty of the wood, but the handle is now perfectly smooth. Playing wise it's springy and reasonably fast, due to the crispy outer ply, but soft and stable with the help of the soft carbon. The very comfy handle is made with Burl Poplar and Bubinga, and now fitted with the SDC Golden tag.

Composition: Purple Heart / Spruce / Soft-Carbon / Kiri / Soft-Carbon / Spruce / Purple Heart
Weight: 92.7g
Thickness: 6.0mm
Freq.: 1400Hz
Balance: 3.2cm (Med)

Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/02/2022 at 3:24am
Mjölnir

Composition: Hinoki /Sucupira / Kiri / Sucupira /Hinoki
Weight: 87.0g
Thickness: 6.65mm
Freq.: 1442Hz
Balance: 3.6cm (Med)

Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/04/2022 at 3:45am
Commissioned blade, based on a Zetro Quad.

Composition: Hinoki / Kevlar / Ayous / sC / Kiri / sC / Ayous / Kevlar / Hinoki
Weight: 91.3g
Thickness: 7.2mm
Freq.: 1507Hz

dual700 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dual700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/04/2022 at 11:32am
ClapClapClapClapClap
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/07/2022 at 7:15pm
Jewel of the year  so far, what a beauty!!! It must be a very powerful blade but not one that would pass the limits of making sense speed. 

When timmozai challenged Nexy to create the fastest blade in the world, they came with the Akrasia and Mr. Moon said "the fastest blade that makes sense", it was around 1600hz and if it was indeed super fast, it was not uncontrollable. I sense that blade falls into the same category.

A bit of table tennis poetry Smile

Is the kevlar adding stiffness but less than what carbon would? so starting with the softness of the hinoki we gradually evolve towards a stiffer center? That Zetro Quad inspired blade could be a standard for softer speed and send for good the Schlager, Sardius and other Axelo like blades wherever the CBX is in the world of motorcycles: still very much attractive but there is better today.

And that handle!!! HeartHeartHeart

Edited by stiltt - 02/07/2022 at 7:16pm
Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/08/2022 at 3:44pm
Thanks!

I used Kevlar instead of Zylon because I don't work with plain Zylon (ZLF), and Kevlar is the closest fiber I have. The feedback from the owner is that it feels a bit harder than is own Zetro Quad. I have no idea what kind of Zylon density Xiom is using on the original, but I suspect it's way less than what I used here for the Kevlar layer. If I were to do it again, I would use a lighter Kevlar fabric to get a closer feeling, but that would probably compromise speed as well.

It's still way softer than if I had used plain carbon, so yes, the goal is to have a good stiffness, while retaining softness. 
Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2022 at 4:07am
Very unique blade this one. Extremely stiff and fast, yet you get a feeling of "holding the ball" like no other blade I've ever built. The composition is also very light, more than half of the weight is on the handle, which means a balance of zero, which is also something I haven't done before.

Composition: Kumamoto Hinoki / TC / Balsa / TC / Kumamoto Hinoki
Weight: 89.6g
Thickness: 8.2mm
Freq.: 1873Hz
Balance: 0cm (Very Low)

Harald View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2022 at 7:42am
wow!
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2022 at 3:52am
I bet the designer used to like the Joola Kool and Joola R*1 and if it's true, I think I know what they liked in those blades; replacing the outer ply with softer material with soft carbon under is such a good idea, they were too hard even though very fun to play with. Another great creation that I admire in its reduction of complexity to serve one purpose, ending with a sober design.
The balance brings the blade close to the fly swatter, my gosh blasting balls with that thing must be such a joy! I can't afford to buy the same for I have way too many blades relatively to my play time but I'd love the exact same just to honor the idea and try it, a bit like all the blades I see here :)

Edited by stiltt - 02/10/2022 at 6:11am
Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2022 at 5:32pm
Originally posted by stiltt stiltt wrote:

I bet the designer used to like the Joola Kool and Joola R*1 and if it's true, I think I know what they liked in those blades; replacing the outer ply with softer material with soft carbon under is such a good idea, they were too hard even though very fun to play with. Another great creation that I admire in its reduction of complexity to serve one purpose, ending with a sober design.
The balance brings the blade close to the fly swatter, my gosh blasting balls with that thing must be such a joy! I can't afford to buy the same for I have way too many blades relatively to my play time but I'd love the exact same just to honor the idea and try it, a bit like all the blades I see here :)

This was sort of a combined effort, ideas coming from both sides which led to a good outcome. Definitely very fun to play with Smile
Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2022 at 3:38am
If the Joker played TT 😁

Composition: Limba / Ayous / IC / Ayous / IC / Ayous / Limba
Weight: 89.3g
Thickness: 6.0mm
Freq.: 1270Hz
Balance: 2.2cm (Low/Very Low)

Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/14/2022 at 3:41am
I really like picking up left over scraps from previous builds and make something out of them. It turned out to be a very eighties looking blade! But it's not something I will replicate in the future, so this will be a one time piece. Composition wise this is a inner fiber blade, with 90 g/m2 Textreme-Carbon placed at 90º, and soft outer plies. I was going for something with a good pace and light, more oriented for close to the table driving, rather than looping.

Available FS.

Composition: Kumamoto Hinoki / Balsa / TC90 / Kiri / TC90 / Balsa / Kumamoto Hinoki
Weight: 86.1g
Thickness: 6.7mm
Freq.: 1420Hz
Balance: 2.0cm (Very Low)

Harald View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/14/2022 at 5:13am
gorgeous Handle!
Obrigado pelas fotos,Sérgio!
Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/14/2022 at 4:28pm
Originally posted by Harald Harald wrote:

gorgeous Handle!
Obrigado pelas fotos,Sérgio!

Gerne geschehen Harald Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 27>
  Share Topic