Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Doubles service line dispute resolution

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
SougaWanihuan View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SougaWanihuan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Doubles service line dispute resolution
    Posted: 10/05/2019 at 12:00am
We were playing doubles. 
My opponents sometimes claims my serve hit the left half of table (on my side) , yes very close to doubles middle line
Sometimes opponents claim my serve hit on the wrong half of table (left side)on receiver's side (yes very close to doubles middle line) but the ball curved sharply towards receiver's right and landed well inside receiver's  correct right half.

Sometimes the receiver does not return it but claims one of the above.
Other times he or she returns it and THEN claims one of the above after failing to make a proper return
Other times he or she returns it and but THEN one of her/his partner claims one of the above after your partner had it a successful winner.

So what is the solution while
1. Casual play 
2. Formal play     

I think this happens a lot more in tennis in singles as well. I played this guy, who was as bad as he can be. He carried like 10 expensive composite rackets and was dressed like a professional player. I had a piece of crap wood racket then. So he would just call "Fault" for every one my single first serves even when my serve landed in dead center of his side of service receive box.   I still won the first two sets anyway but then I started doing the same to him in the final set just for fun. He was EXTREMELY upset but stopped faulting me in frustration (even my faults LOL) 

Edited by SougaWanihuan - 10/05/2019 at 12:18am
Sponsored Links

Simon_plays View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simon_plays Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/05/2019 at 2:03am
Solution for formal play is called an umpire. 

For casual play it should suffice to not play against anyone that does this too often. 
SougaWanihuan View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SougaWanihuan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/05/2019 at 3:24am
Originally posted by Simon_plays Simon_plays wrote:

Solution for formal play is called an umpire. 
Not exactly. Even with umpires, players raise their hand when umpire does not and this causes arguments. 

Originally posted by Simon_plays Simon_plays wrote:

For casual play it should suffice to not play against anyone that does this too often. 
Obviously you have 100's of players every day in your clubs in Vietnam to choose from.
It is also possible that they are honest mistakes but they stand their ground
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic