Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 30 free Tibhar MX-K(H) rubbers by Nexy for testers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

30 free Tibhar MX-K(H) rubbers by Nexy for testers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
Dream1700 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dream1700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/18/2019 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by Olio Olio wrote:

OK, here is the first part...

I've opened and compared the MX-K with my usual MX-P, for 2 reasons: 1) I have one at hand ;) and 2) it is a very popular rubber which many players will have played with or tried.

So it's worth pointing out both my 2 MX-K weight a similar 101 - 102g when still wrapped.
This should be compared to ca. 110g for MXP, but as you'll see, a lot of the weight is in the wrapping!

The MX-K is 74g uncut (bare rubber), with dimensions of 17cm x 16.9, so about 0.25g / cm2
THe MX-P is 75g uncut (also bare rubber), but with dimensions 16.7 x 17.9, so also about 0.25g / cm2

just to confirm: 2.3mm and regular MX-K, not H?
Sponsored Links

Olio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Olio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/18/2019 at 3:55pm
Correct. MX-K, not H
Olio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Olio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/27/2019 at 12:06pm
So, resuming training tomorrow, here are a few more thoughts.

I've glued the black rubber on my ZJK BLue Dragon. It's one of my favorite blades, and I think this combination is very promising. So 2 layers of Rev 3 on the blade, and 2 on the rubber are sufficient. The first layer on the rubber basically fills a lot of the holes, so don't spare the glue!

One thing I would say is that the triangle to indicate the middle of the rubber is useful, and well-placed. I've added two photos to the album ( https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hbaotdmjyirxnux/AACRueysTqhpWfP9HFzVfE7qa?dl=0 ). One is leftover from an MX-P (red sponge), the other (white sponge) is from the MX-K. It is clear that for some unknown reason, the letters MX-P are not centered, as we're dangerously close to the right side of the topsheet. This is true for every MX-P I've used.
No such problem with MX-K, so oversized blades won't be a problem. Well done Nexy.

The MX-K is not tacky. It does not lift a ball. The surface seems however very grippy, and a bit harder than the MXP on the other side.
It feels like they've hit a sweet spot in terms of dynamism. The rubber reminds me a bit of the XIOM Omega 7 Pro. Very linear (contained trampoline effect), it is easy to keep a small bounce on the racket, but as you hit harder, the "kick" develops.

I am a fairly aggressive attacker with both wings, probably around 2000 - 2200 according to https://www.reddit.com/r/tabletennis/comments/7u09f8/comparison_table_of_european_rankings/ and I need something that's got more kick than XIOM vega pro, yet keeps a good control. I've found the hard way MX-P is quite demanding on serve-receive.

I can't wait to try it for a good few hours.

Edited by Olio - 12/27/2019 at 12:07pm
Olio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Olio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/22/2020 at 3:09pm
So, some further feedback on the MX-K, used on my BH for over 2 weeks now.

While it is more linear than MX-P, and just as powerful, I ended up a bit disappointed. The main reason is the lack of control on drives and blocks. Specially on blocks. I feel this rubber is more sensitive to spin than MX-P. It is also more difficult for me to learn where the kick of the rubber is, and I've overshot maybe a bit more often than I would have with MX-P.

anubhav1984 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anubhav1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2020 at 3:44pm
I received the two rubbers (MX-K and MX-K (H)) as part of the lucky draw on this thread and I finally had a chance to get a solid week worth of hit with these rubbers. There were multiple things that had kept me away from Table Tennis for a while (like my practice partner breaking his shoulder almost at the same time these rubbers came in and then COVID-19) but I was finally able to get the ball spinning again recently and it feels really good to be back.

Sincere apologies to this group for slacking on the promise of sharing the review of the rubbers but coming in to play after a while definitely gives me better perspective on these rubbers now as I have had a hard reset of all the ball control/feeling that I previously had that numbed me to different rubbers at time.

Before I got on to test these rubbers out, I actually had myself acclimatized to my regular (as of my last active play) rubbers a bit (Tenergy 05 FH and Rasanter R47 BH) on Butterfly Apolonia.

It took a good amount of time for me to get my rythm back and start feeling the ball on the hand but once I was comfortable with the gear, I decided to bring out the MX-Ks. 

Blade used -  Viscaria 
Viscaria and Apolonia have been my trusted weapons of choice for the past 1.5 years. I decided to glue the MX-K and MX-K (H), both of which I got in 2.3 thickness, onto my Viscaria (89 gms). 

Gluing method - 3 layers of Revolution (regular viscosity) on the sponge and 2 layers on the blade.

Tibhar MX-K Review

The first impression that I get playing with MX-K is that it is very different from MX-P in the feedback that it provides and the trajectory of the ball. The spin on the lower speed shots is a touch lower than MX-P and at the higher end of the trajectory, there is a noticeable difference and MX-K feels less spinnier than MX-P on fully engaged shots. 
Third ball attack against underspin are not as easy as MX-P either. Even though the Arc is perhaps a bit higher than MX-Ps, it did take me quite a few tries to land the third ball attack properly.

Once adjusted though, the pace on the ball is really high. I suspect that it is slightly faster or may be same as MX-P but definitely slower than top end speeds of tenergy 05. The spin is not that heavy as I would have expected it to be, given the grippy topsheet. The spin gets the job done but it isn't overwhelming for the oppponent as such. 

Control on MX-K is where I feel the rubber really outshines MX-P. The ability to consistently land the balls on the other side in a topspin to topspin rally and being able to comfortably block heavy (H3 National) spins definitely makes this a good rubber in my books. 

You can feel the rubber biting the ball a bit but the feedback was definitely duller than I had expected. 

There is also a noticeable clicking sound on almost all the shots. 

I switched the rubber onto Apolonia to give it a run and I wasn't expecting the rubber to bottom out on me as much as it did in off the table counterloop rallies.

Overall, I would rate this rubber a 8.5 out of 10 and even though I liked the control on this one a bit better, I would still choose MX-P over MX-K.

Tibhar MX-K (H) Review

I was switching MX-K (H) between FH and BH for the entire time that I tested the combination on Viscaria and MX-K (H) was very difficult to control on either sides. 
The sheer amount of speed on this rubber was overwhelming. It is not a forgiving rubber. If you are out of position on your shot, you will most likely ditch the ball in the net or hit it out of the park.

However, if you are in a good position and you were trying to counter an incoming topspin, you would potentially hit a winner.

The difficult part for me with MX-K (H) was adjusting with the throw angle and speed. The throw angle is definitely not conducive for a third ball open against a deep backspin ball. However, if you have a punch block style game on your backhand, you should definitely take this rubber for a spin. 

The top end spin on this rubber is not extremely overwhelming but combined with the sheer speed that this rubber is capable of producing, you really end up with winners. 

This is a great rubber for punch blocking and flat hitting. There was a time when I would have absolutely loved to use this rubber but now that my game is more focused on topspins instead (and given the fact that I don't have the footwork of a 2300-2400 player), I really find this rubber hard to use. If you are tired and you want to push your opponent around without putting in too much effort, then this is the rubber for you. 

For hitting an effective topspin with this rubber, your footwork and positioning needs to be completely on point. The throw angle on this rubber is lowish so that adds to the problem a bit. 

Overall, this rubber is a 7/10 for me. I don't find it fitting my style of play. It almost reminds me of Blitz (by Palio). Blitz was also a super fast rubber with a promise of incredible amounts of spin but the speed, unfortunately, dominated the entire character of the rubber. 
Butterfly Viscaria FL
FH - Undecided
BH - Undecided
bzdz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bzdz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2020 at 5:47pm
Originally posted by anubhav1984 anubhav1984 wrote:

I received the two rubbers (MX-K and MX-K (H)) as part of the lucky draw on this thread and I finally had a chance to get a solid week worth of hit with these rubbers. There were multiple things that had kept me away from Table Tennis for a while (like my practice partner breaking his shoulder almost at the same time these rubbers came in and then COVID-19) but I was finally able to get the ball spinning again recently and it feels really good to be back.

Sincere apologies to this group for slacking on the promise of sharing the review of the rubbers but coming in to play after a while definitely gives me better perspective on these rubbers now as I have had a hard reset of all the ball control/feeling that I previously had that numbed me to different rubbers at time.

Before I got on to test these rubbers out, I actually had myself acclimatized to my regular (as of my last active play) rubbers a bit (Tenergy 05 FH and Rasanter R47 BH) on Butterfly Apolonia.

It took a good amount of time for me to get my rythm back and start feeling the ball on the hand but once I was comfortable with the gear, I decided to bring out the MX-Ks. 

Blade used -  Viscaria 
Viscaria and Apolonia have been my trusted weapons of choice for the past 1.5 years. I decided to glue the MX-K and MX-K (H), both of which I got in 2.3 thickness, onto my Viscaria (89 gms). 

Gluing method - 3 layers of Revolution (regular viscosity) on the sponge and 2 layers on the blade.

Tibhar MX-K Review

The first impression that I get playing with MX-K is that it is very different from MX-P in the feedback that it provides and the trajectory of the ball. The spin on the lower speed shots is a touch lower than MX-P and at the higher end of the trajectory, there is a noticeable difference and MX-K feels less spinnier than MX-P on fully engaged shots. 
Third ball attack against underspin are not as easy as MX-P either. Even though the Arc is perhaps a bit higher than MX-Ps, it did take me quite a few tries to land the third ball attack properly.

Once adjusted though, the pace on the ball is really high. I suspect that it is slightly faster or may be same as MX-P but definitely slower than top end speeds of tenergy 05. The spin is not that heavy as I would have expected it to be, given the grippy topsheet. The spin gets the job done but it isn't overwhelming for the oppponent as such. 

Control on MX-K is where I feel the rubber really outshines MX-P. The ability to consistently land the balls on the other side in a topspin to topspin rally and being able to comfortably block heavy (H3 National) spins definitely makes this a good rubber in my books. 

You can feel the rubber biting the ball a bit but the feedback was definitely duller than I had expected. 

There is also a noticeable clicking sound on almost all the shots. 

I switched the rubber onto Apolonia to give it a run and I wasn't expecting the rubber to bottom out on me as much as it did in off the table counterloop rallies.

Overall, I would rate this rubber a 8.5 out of 10 and even though I liked the control on this one a bit better, I would still choose MX-P over MX-K.

Tibhar MX-K (H) Review

I was switching MX-K (H) between FH and BH for the entire time that I tested the combination on Viscaria and MX-K (H) was very difficult to control on either sides. 
The sheer amount of speed on this rubber was overwhelming. It is not a forgiving rubber. If you are out of position on your shot, you will most likely ditch the ball in the net or hit it out of the park.

However, if you are in a good position and you were trying to counter an incoming topspin, you would potentially hit a winner.

The difficult part for me with MX-K (H) was adjusting with the throw angle and speed. The throw angle is definitely not conducive for a third ball open against a deep backspin ball. However, if you have a punch block style game on your backhand, you should definitely take this rubber for a spin. 

The top end spin on this rubber is not extremely overwhelming but combined with the sheer speed that this rubber is capable of producing, you really end up with winners. 

This is a great rubber for punch blocking and flat hitting. There was a time when I would have absolutely loved to use this rubber but now that my game is more focused on topspins instead (and given the fact that I don't have the footwork of a 2300-2400 player), I really find this rubber hard to use. If you are tired and you want to push your opponent around without putting in too much effort, then this is the rubber for you. 

For hitting an effective topspin with this rubber, your footwork and positioning needs to be completely on point. The throw angle on this rubber is lowish so that adds to the problem a bit. 

Overall, this rubber is a 7/10 for me. I don't find it fitting my style of play. It almost reminds me of Blitz (by Palio). Blitz was also a super fast rubber with a promise of incredible amounts of spin but the speed, unfortunately, dominated the entire character of the rubber. 

I think this was a very detailed review. I have a different opinion, as I have been switching between MXK and MXK-H on my forehand for the past 6 months. I don't find the MXK-H significantly more difficult to control than the MXK. I think the feeling is pretty similar, except MXK-H provides more top end speed while sacrificing some spin. 

I agree that MXK shines in the control department, and you are able to neutralize heavy spins. I think the rubber provides the necessary grab and hold to make any shot consistently, and it doesn't lack or shine in a specific department (which is the case with tenergy). 

MXK-H is a hard rubber, and I think hard rubbers naturally require more engagement upon contact with the ball. This means that you should be in position to make a decent stroke/body rotation. However, I don't think MXK-H is extraordinarily unforgiving. I think hurricane requires much better footwork and optimal body positioning to make a decent shot.

These are my opinions, feel free to provide feedback.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anubhav1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2020 at 5:59pm
Originally posted by bzdz bzdz wrote:

I think this was a very detailed review. I have a different opinion, as I have been switching between MXK and MXK-H on my forehand for the past 6 months. I don't find the MXK-H significantly more difficult to control than the MXK. I think the feeling is pretty similar, except MXK-H provides more top end speed while sacrificing some spin. 

So, I kind of agree to your point for sure. The problem that I have with MX-K H is that the top speed is definitely very high but the throw angle is really low, which means that I have to really use a lot of leg and waist to lift a heavy backspin ball. It becomes extremely difficult if you are slightly out of position to pull this off.

I agree that MXK shines in the control department, and you are able to neutralize heavy spins. I think the rubber provides the necessary grab and hold to make any shot consistently, and it doesn't lack or shine in a specific department (which is the case with tenergy). 

The only thing that I found lacking in MX-K is that it bottoms out on long distance rallies on an Apolonia ZLC blade. I have faced this issue with other rubbers on ZLC blades in the past but Apolonia ZLC seemed a bit softer and I did not face bottoming out issue before on Apolonia. However, MX-K definitely bottoms out on heavy top spin to top spin rallies away from the table.

MXK-H is a hard rubber, and I think hard rubbers naturally require more engagement upon contact with the ball. This means that you should be in position to make a decent stroke/body rotation. However, I don't think MXK-H is extraordinarily unforgiving. I think hurricane requires much better footwork and optimal body positioning to make a decent shot.

These are my opinions, feel free to provide feedback.

I have used Hurricane 3 NEO provincial for a long time on my FH and I don't think the unforgiving nature of both of those rubbers compare, to be honest. On MX-K H, the ball bounces off really quickly and on H3 NEO and other harder chinese rubbers, the stickiness of the top sheet provides for a decent amount of dwell time. The lack of dwell time here is basically the main problem. Coupled with low throw angle makes this unsuitable for my game style.
Butterfly Viscaria FL
FH - Undecided
BH - Undecided
bzdz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bzdz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2020 at 6:10pm
Anubhav1984, I can see why the rubber isn't for everyone. I really like it for my play style because I don't back off the table too much. I mostly play counters or quick strokes to focus on faster timing/recovery. That's why I really like these two rubbers, because they provide the speed and keep the ball low.

If you are a long distance looper, I can see why the MXK would bottom out, and you could probably get better spin/arc than the MXK-H with other rubbers. Dignics is exceptionally good with arc for example.

Here's a video featuring a couple clips of me playing forehand (MXK-H). I get that my compact stroke isn't for everyone though.

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anubhav1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2020 at 6:25pm

Anubhav1984, I can see why the rubber isn't for everyone. I really like it for my play style because I don't back off the table too much. I mostly play counters or quick strokes to focus on faster timing/recovery. That's why I really like these two rubbers, because they provide the speed and keep the ball low.

If you are a long distance looper, I can see why the MXK would bottom out, and you could probably get better spin/arc than the MXK-H with other rubbers. Dignics is exceptionally good with arc for example.

Here's a video featuring a couple clips of me playing forehand (MXK-H). I get that my compact stroke isn't for everyone though.

Absolutely agreed! For compact strokes and keeping the ball low (with the off chance of ditching in the net) these rubbers are really good, especially MX-K H. And your playing level is definitely higher than mine (at least based on what I can see from the video Smile) so that obviously makes a bit of a difference in the usability of the rubbers. 
Butterfly Viscaria FL
FH - Undecided
BH - Undecided
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anubhav1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/29/2020 at 2:51am
So just stuck a new MX-P on my apolonia and I am going to do a one on one comparison of MX-K and MX-P now that I have them on the same blade and post my review here.

Also have MX-K and Tenergy 05 on my Viscaria so that will hopefully be another interesting comparison.
Will update this thread with my finding by the end of this week. 
Butterfly Viscaria FL
FH - Undecided
BH - Undecided
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic