FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

SoulSpin New Era Handle

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
lineup32 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lineup32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SoulSpin New Era Handle
    Posted: 12/02/2019 at 11:40am
I ordered 88g to 92g, this blade came in at 90g
Sponsored Links

Thot View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/02/2019 at 7:49am
What's the weight?
lineup32 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lineup32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/29/2019 at 2:20pm
It feels solid plus to my horror I have dropped it on the table and floor without any damage. .
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/29/2019 at 1:19pm
that neck and wing parts are comfy but how is the durability of that handle design?
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
vik2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vik2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/29/2019 at 12:50pm
That is indeed a unique looking handle. I like it when companies think outside of the box and are willing to continue to innovate. I'd be curious to try this type of handle as well. 
lineup32 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lineup32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2019 at 1:46pm
I thought I might update this post as I never discussed how the blade handle worked in actual play other then being comfortable. I was hitting with a 1800 player at the club yesterday who was testing 5 different blades and setups. I let her try my SoulSpin and she immediately judged it the best and wanted detailed information about how to acquire it as she had never heard of the company. Her feedback was interesting as she noted no slippage moving from backhand to forehand and she had a looser grip then normal but the blade always felt in the proper location. No sweating and the blade was very comfortable.
I hadn't realize how I had been using the slits in the handle since it was my new normal but given her feedback that it was providing additional stability during rallies made sense it was something I took for granted but she immediately noted how useful the slits were.

maybe this handle design has a future in the game and might be be adopted for application beyond just SoulSpin

Simas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/21/2019 at 4:15pm
That's interesting. And looks nice too
Stiga Offensive Classic Legend
DHS Hurricane Neo3
Donic Bluefire JP01 Turbo
Static View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Static Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/19/2019 at 6:51pm
Thanks for your insights, guess that means I'll have to give it a try as well. Basically everything you described would be a big plus for me too. 
Innerforce ALC, FH: Tenergy 19, BH:EL-P
lineup32 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lineup32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/19/2019 at 2:26pm
It was not my intention when I ordered the New ERA blade to use it in competition rather it was more of a curiosity and I expected to sell it at some point so I ordered the Straight Handle rather then flared which is what I have used in the past. My current blade is a custom Levi inner Basalt OFF-with a conventional handle and thumb cut out with a frequency around 1311.   
The New ERA blade ordered is also rated OFF-is significantly more comfortable then my current traditional blade handle in part due to the material and design of the neck and elimination of the thumb cutout. The handle itself isn't a stick of smooth wood as a result you immediately have a better feel for the blade. The open gaps in the handle seems to keep the handle cooler in your hand while the gaps have no noticeable impact on holding the blade. Several years ago I had a SoulSpin inner Basalt and the frequency tested out around 1475 when I tested this New ERA blade it came out at 1180. SoulSpin had rated the Basalt M blade as an OFF- before but with the new handle its frequency test corresponded closer to an OFF-.
I expected to have some difficultly testing the New ERA as it was a Straight handle and slightly smaller then my current blade but I had no trouble making the switch nor had any issues with missing balls due to a smaller blade. I used the same rubber as my current blade on both sides and expected it to play about the same since they were both inner Basalts but the New ERA Blade generated higher spin and has increased my accuracy and placement. My timing has improved overall with the New ERA blade which may indicate that the blade vibration is providing better feedback but the level is not noticeable.
Bottom line the New ERA blade has replaced the traditional handle design blade I was using before.   
shinshiro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shinshiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/19/2019 at 1:18pm
I'm also curious to know the difference in feeling between the regular handle and this new era handle. Does it make easier to know where the ball hit on the racket? 
Static View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Static Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/19/2019 at 7:38am
I've been eyeing those new handles for a bit now. How do you like it? Does it increase/decrease vibration or does it not differ much in feeling compared to a regular handle? It does look very comfortable around the neck of the blade. 
Innerforce ALC, FH: Tenergy 19, BH:EL-P
lineup32 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote lineup32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/19/2019 at 12:00am
This is a photo of my new SoulSpin Basalt New ERA blade OFF-. This is the Straight Version the silver area is a composite material very smooth to the touch.

Edited by lineup32 - 10/19/2019 at 12:23am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic