Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Suggestions for cheaper rubbers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Charlie Brown View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlie Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/17/2019 at 9:25pm
Originally posted by benfb benfb wrote:

In our club I have a need for cheap rubbers for two purposes: first, we maintain a stock of "loaner paddles" for the beginners and recreational players.  In the past, I've mostly recycled donated used rubbers (even Tenergy!) on these paddles, but I'm looking for something that maintains grip longer

The second need is that I sometimes put together cheap paddles for beginners looking to buy.  These are typically better than pre-made paddles but not as good as most of the stuff in your average Paddle Palace catalog.  These paddles are new (nothing used) but they must be cheap.

I've been looking through the rubbers at ttnpp.com, but I don't know enough to make good choices.  So I'm looking for advice.

Task 1 is to find rubbers that are super-cheap, maintain good grip, and are generally durable.  These will be for the loaner paddles.  Performance is not a concern.

Task 2 is to find rubbers for cheap paddles to sell.  Durability isn't quite as critical, but, again, performance isn't important as long as it's reasonable spin and control.

So what can people recommend?

Originally posted by icontek icontek wrote:

As a former buyer who tried these 729 from TTNPP for exactly the purpose described, I can tell you these were some of the worst sheets of rubber I have purchased.

The most annoying thing was that they actually have a performance DROPOFF as stroke QUALITY increases.

Cole's Super XP 2008 or spending on 729 Super FX EL that passed quality control would be a better choice.

Dead
*sigh*
Sponsored Links

Veet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/18/2019 at 11:35pm
Fulanodetal View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fulanodetal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2019 at 12:46am
Is there a reason why ttnpp is the only seller to consider?

Because there's good deals by other sellers too.

FdT
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2019 at 1:30am
Originally posted by Fulanodetal Fulanodetal wrote:

Is there a reason why ttnpp is the only seller to consider?

Because there's good deals by other sellers too.

FdT
I'm familiar with ttnpp and I had some other, unrelated stuff that I wanted to buy there.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic