Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

LP with high degree of distorsion

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jabemu View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jabemu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LP with high degree of distorsion
    Posted: 11/18/2019 at 11:32am
Hi, for a Friend, in your opinion wich is the actual LP rubber with more distorsion?.. Thanks in advance. 

Edited by jabemu - 11/18/2019 at 1:43pm
Sponsored Links

skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/18/2019 at 12:07pm
The following database is sorted by "Deception".
You can sort by "speed", "spin", "control", or "reversal".

Edited by skip3119 - 11/18/2019 at 12:08pm
kevo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/18/2019 at 12:32pm
That is an interesting list from Revspin above, but you have to remember that most of the LPs there were rated during the celluloid era. It is also...umm, kind of random and perhaps not expert tested. The OP might be better to search the OOAK site for "Most disruptive LP". There are about a thousand posts on this and yet no one can agree exactly what is meant by 'disruptive'. 

My 2 cents: DTecs still, even now with the ABS/Plastic ball, gives the most 'disruption' through returning heavy backspin, but is still hard (but not impossible by any means) to use; Bomb Talent, Dornenglanz and recently, Troublemaker (which I use), are considered disruptive still in their own wobbly, suddenly dipping ways with the caveat that BT is also hard to use and DG is pretty predictable in my opinion. TM has great control and some funk now and again but the most disruptive LPs are used by the guy or girl who returns serve with them, doesn't expect any cheap points from the LPs, and who then steps around--or twiddles--to attack and win points with his/her inverted rubber. The disruptive LP game is dead. Work on the FH and buy any old LPs if that's the way the OP's mate wants to go.

And then there's frictionless anti, about which...try the OOAK site. All you need is there!Tongue
jabemu View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jabemu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/18/2019 at 1:18pm
Thanks.. I said 'actual' for that reason. The deception or distorsion measure of those rubbers were principally with the old ball of cellulloid.

Troublemaker can be a good choice. 

Edited by jabemu - 11/18/2019 at 1:42pm
JeanPhillippe View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeanPhillippe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2019 at 12:40am
Originally posted by jabemu jabemu wrote:

distorsion?   

Êtes-vous français aussi?
nv42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nv42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2019 at 1:15am

Thanks.. I said 'actual' for that reason. The deception or distorsion measure of those rubbers were principally with the old ball of cellulloid.

+1, I play someone that uses this and grass d.tecs extremely well. The troublemaker definitely feels more deceptive. 
1.dhs pg2 fl

-FH t05h (max)
-BH tibhar genius (max)
kevo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2019 at 2:29pm
Originally posted by nv42 nv42 wrote:

+1, I play someone that uses this and grass d.tecs extremely well. The troublemaker definitely feels more deceptive. 
It's funny you should say that, b/c I use both but have now almost exclusively stuck to TM for this season b/c against high level players, the shorter, dipping blocks are somehow a bit...only a bit, mind you...more tricky than the straight backspin, heavy though it can be, given by the DTecs. It's only worth maybe a point a game, really, maybe 2. You still have to rely on your FH to win points BUT...and here is the kicker for me and many others using Troublemaker...the TM is much safer so you don't end up giving away cheap points as happens more often with the DTecs. 

Anyway, I'll say it again: after a certain level these days, if you're inverted attacking ain't up to scratch, you'll be 'shot down' as they say on the German Noppen forums!LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic