FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Nittaku Hurricane Turbo Blue vs DHS H8

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
ThePongProfessor View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ThePongProfessor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/11/2019 at 12:13pm
Having used both rubbers extensively, I disagree with pretty much everything in this analysis (I mean no disrespect), but that's ok. How a rubber feels and suits a particular players' game is subjective. For my FH, the NHTB is an absolutely beast with respect to spin, speed and control (and I use it "not-additionally-boosted", because it comes heavily boosted from the factory). The two main reasons which would discourage me from using it as my main rubber are 1) its weight, and 2) the fact that it, indeed, becomes more dead and much harder to play with once the booster effect vanishes after ~1.5-2 months of play. 

Edited by patrickhrdlicka - 12/11/2019 at 7:12pm
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ThePongProfessor

Feedback
Sponsored Links

Leftstudio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leftstudio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/11/2019 at 1:49pm
Coming from a player (USATT 2150) who has been using H3 for the last 3 years with 5 nights a week of playing, I would say the H3 Nittaku is a weird/ interesting product. Super hard, need to be boosted and i mean you have to really boost to get the best out of it. I used the H3 Nittaku for 3 months with boosting every 2 weeks and the rubber, unfortunately when the booster dies out, becomes dead like a brick and return to the beginning hardness which is incredible for a "H3" product. The topsheet, regardless advertised as DHS H3 topsheet, is totally different from the classic H3 topsheet. It is not tacky, sticky and spin is way less than the cheapest H3.

One strength of the H3 Nittaku is the speed - really great and consistent but playing with H3 you’ll want spin because it is the rubber's signature. When i switched back to classic H3, my FH shots immediately become deadly and my partner found it much harder to return due to the low arc.

From now on, I would only use the H3 Nittaku for multiball feeding because it's very good for that (hard and consistent for short stroke). I wish the H3 had the hardness of H3 Nittaku for boosting purposes. Classic H3 gets softer and softer until it becomes trash.

Edited by Leftstudio - 12/11/2019 at 3:25pm
No signature required
ThePongProfessor View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThePongProfessor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/11/2019 at 7:13pm
Leftstudio: Just to make sure - Are you referring to the Turbo Blue or the older Nittaku Hurricane 3 (also not the Turbo Orange).
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ThePongProfessor

Feedback
Leftstudio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leftstudio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/12/2019 at 2:54am
Yes I mean the H3 Nittaku Blue
No signature required
serr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote serr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/12/2019 at 3:33am
I'm very confused from these reviews. Where does the truth lie?
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/12/2019 at 4:11am
I’ve never tried NHTB, but i have been using H8 (Unboosted) on the same blade as h3 neo comm (boosted and unboosted) and h8 feels like it has a slightly more flexible top sheet, I guess more elastic. I wouldn’t call it having a booster effect though. It feels like a boosted h3 neo after a month or two w/ booster effect worn off. Not bad but nothing extraordinary. Quality seems better than comm h3 neo. Top sheet was nice and tacky when new.
Ovtcharov Innerforce ALC 85g
FH/BH: Glayzer 09C 2.1mm
USATT: 1725
ProtossTT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProtossTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/12/2019 at 10:32am
One thing about h8 is the quality control sucks. I tried out 10 different sheets and only one of them were good. The rest were defective and have no tack. H8 is a fine rubber when it works but I cannot play a game of chance. H3 neo is far superior boosted and unboosted. 
Hozuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hozuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2019 at 10:07am
Originally posted by serr serr wrote:

I'm very confused from these reviews. Where does the truth lie?

What are you confused about? 

It's the hardest rubber on the market, boost it heavily and constantly hit it hard with perfect technique and then it's great. No rubber will give you more speed and spin in that case.
But what if floor is dusty? No proper weight transfer, possible, no recovery, it becomes trash.
What if humidity is high? brushing stroke against dead ball, it slips, no sponge engagement due to extreme hardness, again it becomes trash.

You don't even need to have played with the rubber, it's 60 degrees, and hence you already know what to expect. Comparing this with regular Hurricane 3 39 degree is like comparing T05fx to T05 hard (same 10 degree hardness difference). It's foolish.

ultraspin98 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultraspin98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2019 at 2:00pm
Damm I'm still pretty interested in this rubber. 

I've seen that Hitomi Sato Is playing with a blu sponge rubber on the forehand since she is sponsored by nittaku, do you think that she is using the NH3TB?
ProtossTT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProtossTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2019 at 2:04pm
Originally posted by ultraspin98 ultraspin98 wrote:

I've seen that Hitomi Sato Is playing with a blu sponge rubber on the forehand since she is sponsored by nittaku, do you think that she is using the NH3TB?

They have access to h3 blue sponge from dhs. They have a long relationship with each other.
Fulanodetal View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fulanodetal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/19/2019 at 5:52pm
Originally posted by ProtossTT ProtossTT wrote:

They have access to h3 blue sponge from dhs. They have a long relationship with each other.

Yes, I believe Kasumi Ishikawa also uses H3 BS. Don't know if it's the DHS or the Nittaku version though. Shes been using it for a while now.

FdT
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/19/2019 at 10:12pm

One thing about h8 is the quality control sucks. I tried out 10 different sheets and only one of them were good. The rest were defective and have no tack. H8 is a fine rubber when it works but I cannot play a game of chance. H3 neo is far superior boosted and unboosted. 

Sounds like you are new to DHS reputation for outstanding variety.

If you want to play Hurricane Roulette, try ordering the same version of H3 from 5 different suppliers and compare sheets.

Edited by icontek - 12/19/2019 at 10:12pm
US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
ProtossTT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProtossTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/19/2019 at 10:21pm
No simply stating the obvious and didn't think it was this bad until I tried it 4 years ago. Tried it again recently and got ripped off hoping I'd have more luck. I don't buy from different vendors unless I have to. Tt11, prott.vip, and DHS factory in Shanghai is where I get it from.
Used to use prott but now tt11 has proven customer service but if something goes wrong with another seller I'm sh** out of luck. Tt11 has been great to me and only has been nothing but great. Any issues get sorted out right away. DHS Shanghai factory or the headquarters I get from every winter from my friends who visit back home. So they just buy it there for alittle cheaper than fly back to USA with it. I have had 1 shitty rubber of h3 neo blue sponge provincial/national 40-42 degrees. I have bought a total of 40+ and sold 5 but I did the assembly for the people who bought it since I'm quite precise at gluing now. As for bubbling from boosting I haven't ran into those yet thankfully. I do practice and play alot so the rubbers definitely hold up. One year going strong for someone who got it from me and still loads of spin. 

But for the time being I have officially switched to the new tibhar nexy developed mx-k and mx-k hard!!! 

Edited by ProtossTT - 12/19/2019 at 10:24pm
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/19/2019 at 11:44pm
Originally posted by Fulanodetal Fulanodetal wrote:

Yes, I believe Kasumi Ishikawa also uses H3 BS. Don't know if it's the DHS or the Nittaku version though. Shes been using it for a while now.

FdT

Sarah de nutte from luxemburg also plays with H3 both sides

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultraspin98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/26/2019 at 5:26am
I've bought one nittaku hurricane 3 turbo blue from TT11. It's on sale right now. 
Since I' using H8, I will give you another point of view about these 2 rubbers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultraspin98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/31/2019 at 11:16am
Nittaku hurricane 3 turbo blue arrived yesterday, its weight is incredible 91.5g!! 
I will try it as soon as possible, I'm very curious to find out how this rubber perform
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic