FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Andro Gauzy SL off Blade

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
B_C View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B_C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Andro Gauzy SL off Blade
    Posted: 06/04/2020 at 3:32am
Originally posted by guni4you guni4you wrote:

cornilleau Absolum and andro gauzy sl off are the exact same blades

Hi Guni4you

Believe you have try this Gauzy SL Off wood with R53? Can share bit more? If I manage to get a Cornilleau Gatien Absolum with a cheaper price by neary 50% do you think which weight i should look into if matching with heavy R53 Ultramx both side.

Thanks 
Sponsored Links

B_C View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B_C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/04/2020 at 3:15am
Hi Patrick and All,

Appreciate if you guys could share more about this Andro Gauzy SL Off blade with R53 ultramax rubber on it and it is a super stiff hard wood blade that need more hitter or is better than clipper wood? I am a user from Viscaria ST with R53 ultramx. Also appreciate if you could share whether it feel same as Cornilleau Gatien Absolum (even though wood structure is similar but speed and control might be different). 

Thank YouSmileSmileSmile
guni4you View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guni4you Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/22/2020 at 12:22am
cornilleau Absolum and andro gauzy sl off are the exact same blades
guni4you View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guni4you Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/22/2020 at 12:22am
Even Gauzy’s old blade from cornilleau has the same composition and they are made in the same factory by the same people. So both are exactly same.
Originally posted by DarkerMyLove DarkerMyLove wrote:

TTD dan and Simon playing with his new blade: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxZpDUD5GR0

Expensive for an all-wood blade.  My guess is that it is slower than Long 5 or W968 especially on counterlooping.

Dan mentions he is used to carbon and does prefer the cheaper carbon version of the 'namesake' Gauzy blade.

I wonder if Gauzy used his normal playing blade which might not be Andro made or if the Andro version for this 'review'.
DarkerMyLove View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkerMyLove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2020 at 9:19pm
TTD dan and Simon playing with his new blade: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxZpDUD5GR0

Expensive for an all-wood blade.  My guess is that it is slower than Long 5 or W968 especially on counterlooping.

Dan mentions he is used to carbon and does prefer the cheaper carbon version of the 'namesake' Gauzy blade.

I wonder if Gauzy used his normal playing blade which might not be Andro made or if the Andro version for this 'review'.
guni4you View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guni4you Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/20/2020 at 12:27pm
Eagerly waiting for tt11 to post your review.
Originally posted by patrickhrdlicka patrickhrdlicka wrote:

It's a great blade. Hopefully, TT11 will be posting my review soon.
ThePongProfessor View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThePongProfessor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/20/2020 at 1:36am
It's a great blade. Hopefully, TT11 will be posting my review soon.
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ThePongProfessor

Feedback
guni4you View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guni4you Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/20/2020 at 12:31am
Has anybody else tried this blade? Please let me know if u have.
Ray View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/27/2019 at 5:10am
Life is too short for defensive play.

https://twitter.com/spinnier_com
fb.me/spinnier
Mickael View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/22/2019 at 7:44am
Andro and xiom replicated cornilleau Absolum. Just check this out.
Nittaku Acoustic Carbon FL
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 FH
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 BH
guni4you View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guni4you Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/22/2019 at 1:31am
Any more reviews regarding this blade?
jonytdm View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonytdm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/10/2019 at 5:11pm
can anyone compare this blade with other blades like with stiga clipper cr?
Dream1700 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dream1700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/10/2019 at 2:13pm
December 6th: "...Simon plays his SL in combination with the andro Rasanter R53 rubber to fully unfold the unique ENERGY CELL spin power."
jpenmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/02/2019 at 12:54pm
That's the blade he has been using since he joined Andro.  Guessing it's his old blade with Andro handles . 
OSP Expert II w DNA Dragon Grip
Makelele View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Makelele Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/02/2019 at 12:24pm
Did you realize that when Gauzy played against Gnanasekaran, the handle of his blade wasn't the one of this model?
Dream1700 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dream1700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/02/2019 at 8:41am
Originally posted by jpenmaster jpenmaster wrote:

...One last note the straight handle on this thing is huge if you like large handles you will love this thing.

Thank you for this valuable tidbit.

As I recall Temper Tech had a slim ST handle. Maybe other old Andro blades had too. But now that Andro's new catalogue only has 25 or so blades, many of them appear to have the type of handle you describe.
bokai View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bokai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/02/2019 at 3:33am
The old batches of Absolum were much better than the latest ones due to its more solid feeling on hard shots. These new ones are not as stiff, are more spin and perhaps more control friendly. I play short pips on the backhand so i could be biased :D. My current set up is 181g (with 100g absololm) im afriad if i use the Gauzy SL i will get one th at is 90g and thus will make my setup 10g lighter. Gosh it will be alot slower! 
guni4you View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guni4you Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/01/2019 at 11:30pm
thanks a lot.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/01/2019 at 11:01pm
Easier to play than fast 7 ply blades not easier than something like Acoustic or Korbel
guni4you View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guni4you Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/01/2019 at 3:50pm
Have you tried other wood blades? Is it even easier to play then them?

I was shocked how it felt being Ebony . The frequency was also only 1225hz . I figured it was made in the same factory  that made the Gatien but maybe it's not or possibly they changed the glue/epoxy used  which could change the weight and "hardness". For me it's actually a pleasant surprise it plays so easy.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/01/2019 at 3:48pm
 I was shocked how it felt being Ebony . The frequency was also only 1225hz . I figured it was made in the same factory  that made the Gatien but maybe it's not or possibly they changed the glue/epoxy used  which could change the weight and "hardness". For me it's actually a pleasant surprise it plays so easy.
guni4you View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guni4you Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/01/2019 at 3:44pm
Hi,

Do you have any idea what weight gauzy uses and does he use the old batch by cornilleau or the new ones which Andro uses now? Any ideas?
AMonteiro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMonteiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/01/2019 at 3:28pm

Not sure why Gatien Absolum  is rated Off+ if the Gauzy is the same. My Gauzy SL  is 90 grams and it's Off/Off-. Slower than TB ALC but close to innerforce type blades in terms of speed. For a 7 ply it's on the thin side at 6.0mm. Even with the Ebony outer veneer the blade doesn't feel that hard and that's with Rasanter 53. The control is quite high and I haven't noticed a lack of spin . I'll probably glue on some T05 or D05 to give a fair opinion cause I'm not sure how much R53 /R47 makes it feel like it does. One last note the straight handle on this thing is huge if you like large handles you will love this thing.

I used to work as Cornilleau vendor in Brazil, in my experience with these blades the first batch of Absolum (metal lenses both sides of handle) the ebony outer was very hard. First Absolums were very heavy, I had one around 100g FL handle. It was a beast.

Latest batches the ebony outer were softer compared to the first ones, the blades were lighter (86g to 90g) more like a solid OFF blade.

Maybe your Gauzy SL feels like these latest batch Absolums.
Dynaryz AGR /Yasaka Goiabao 5 / Dynaryz AGR
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/01/2019 at 10:25am
Not sure why Gatien Absolum  is rated Off+ if the Gauzy is the same. My Gauzy SL  is 90 grams and it's Off/Off-. Slower than TB ALC but close to innerforce type blades in terms of speed. For a 7 ply it's on the thin side at 6.0mm. Even with the Ebony outer veneer the blade doesn't feel that hard and that's with Rasanter 53. The control is quite high and I haven't noticed a lack of spin . I'll probably glue on some T05 or D05 to give a fair opinion cause I'm not sure how much R53 /R47 makes it feel like it does. One last note the straight handle on this thing is huge if you like large handles you will love this thing.
AMonteiro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMonteiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/01/2019 at 7:35am
This blade is the same as Cornilleau Gatien Absolum that Simon used. 

Search for Absolum reviews and you will find out how this Andro plays. 

Absolum is harder and faster compared to Innerforce ALC or ZLC.
Dynaryz AGR /Yasaka Goiabao 5 / Dynaryz AGR
guni4you View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guni4you Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/30/2019 at 8:50pm
Can someone please look at this and lemme know what they are Saying.

guni4you View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guni4you Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/30/2019 at 7:05pm
Hi,

Has anybody tried Andro Gauzy Sl Off blade? Does it have more control and feeling than inner carbon blades with Limba outer ply. Please let me know.

Thanks.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic