Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Faster setup for LP

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
pacificspice View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pacificspice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Faster setup for LP
    Posted: 12/01/2019 at 8:48pm
Hi my current setup is HRT Clipper with Dawei 388D-1 ox BH and GoldArc 8 Max FH. My game is mostly chopping with long pips and offensive looping with FH. My USATT rating is ~1700. I am looking for a blade that can make my setup a bit faster and spinnier on FH and increase deception on BH. Any suggestions. Looking for any blades less than 50 bucks.
Thanks.

Sponsored Links

mts388 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mts388 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/01/2019 at 9:30pm
Giant Dragon balsa lite offensive +

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pacificspice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/04/2019 at 1:54pm
Will I still be able to generate same amounts of spin with inverted rubbers with this blade. I hear balsa blades are stiff and not great for looping?
pitigoi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pitigoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2019 at 3:26pm
I used thick balsa blades (Dr. N. Firewall + FW+) and had good results at my low-intermediate level due to the high reversal of the pips on FW+. But disliked doing FH drives as the ball just bounces too fast (FW+ is stiff as well). Thin balsa blades may be different. I'm back to Stiga Allround NCT at this moment.

As for the original question, my guess is that it is impossible: spinnier, more deceptive (even ignoring speed and price).
Right hand: Stiga Allround NCT (74g) /Rasant Grip max/Talon OX red (total 135g)
Left hand, 2020-1: Stiga Allround WRB (67g)/Fastarc G-1 1.8mm/V11 > Extra max 158g
Fitness Friendship Fun

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pacificspice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2019 at 3:51pm
Stiga Allround NCT looks like a flexible blade how do pips perform on it? I am thinking of an OFF - that may have better flex than a clipper to help get more spin on my FH something like a Galaxy M201, Nittaku Septear Lead or Adidas Challenge Force.
ericto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2019 at 5:00pm
I have faced similar issue, issue is how much funk you want to keep. These are just my experiences.

Firewall blade with dtecs ox - love it, but I cannot loop with it, you can generate up to moderate strength and be able to loop, once you try to loop kill, it becomes a rocket and smashes.  But although I choose not to loop with it, I have seen one person who loops with it really well - up to 1600 usatt

I experimented with Dr N Matador and Matador Texa, you can loop with these, and slow enough for ox lp. see Luka Mladenovic on youtube.

I tried Garaydia alc with ELS and OX dtecs, you can loop awesome with this and still have some funk and spin reversal.

Tried Garaydia alc with Rhyser 50 pro boosted 0.5 OX dtec, lots of loop power but too catapulty against top loopers.  I think because rhyser 50 is very hard on the fh definitely impacts the bh.

Garaydia zlc with rhyser 50 pro and DMS Diabolic Extra slow, you can loop normally crazily with these and anti is slow enuf for strong loopers.  (still experimenting with this).

I tried many blades on the journey to find a looping blade for pips, none worked for me except what I described above; I have tried;  combi alligator, immune ox, spinlord def ultra carbon, FW+,  Dr N Jackpot, Senso, 3 ply gambler, 5 ply gambler, cos3, reimpact tachi, Dr. N Grand Master (so slow) and off off+ blades also.

Have fun in your search!
Got to 1600 with long pips Sept 2019;

Trying to get to 1800
pitigoi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pitigoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2019 at 10:25pm
Originally posted by pacificspice pacificspice wrote:

<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">Stiga Allround NCT looks like a flexible blade how do pips perform on it? I am thinking of an OFF - that may have better flex than a clipper to help get more spin on my FH something like a Galaxy M201, Nittaku Septear Lead or Adidas Challenge Force.</span>

I play close to the table, and long pips on Allround NCT are rather harmless, unless I manage to chop-block or side-block (Koki Niwa style) against topspin and sidesweep against backspin (I should train to do more of these). Better players said that their long serves to my pips are returned with no spin. So I aim to return long and low and hope for the best.

I should check out Eric's suggestion for blades. I am also considering trying anti-spin.
Right hand: Stiga Allround NCT (74g) /Rasant Grip max/Talon OX red (total 135g)
Left hand, 2020-1: Stiga Allround WRB (67g)/Fastarc G-1 1.8mm/V11 > Extra max 158g
Fitness Friendship Fun
ericto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2019 at 9:39am
Hi Pitogoi 
I think the reason why chop blocks and side blocks work for u when done fast enough is cos pips get bent.   long pips are dangerous when strokes are fast, i learned and am learning about long pips from ooak.forum.  

See coach li sun on lp video. https://youtu.be/1HD5VTQpFcU 

When they serve fast long to pips either with no spin or top spin, i find to be a difficult return for pips, stepping back and doing a regular fast defensive chop will return funky backspin, quick short chop block with good placement should give enough backspin to stop your opponent from teeing off, u must usually chop block and not just block to get underspin from lp, if u do not have quick chop on blocks the ball sunbaths and begs to be smashed.  
Got to 1600 with long pips Sept 2019;

Trying to get to 1800
TTHOUSTON View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TTHOUSTON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2019 at 10:22am
I used Firewall blade with 05 on FH, and I am ok with it, I can loop close or far table without any problem. I THINK to increase deception on BH depends on your Technic more than keep looking for another brand of long pip. As same to rubber, you need to loop with the right stroke (Leg, Waist, Hand, wrist, and Movement before the ball touch the rubber).
I learn the lesson; as long as you keep the blade and rubber the same for years, your level will moving up (of course, your stroke should be correct also.)
My 2 cents opinion.
RoyPips View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoyPips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/10/2019 at 11:41pm
Overall, DEF blades work better with chopping than clipper type of blades. I play with Joola Chen Weixing blade (with Troublemaker ox pips) that is quite fast and spinny (one of the spinniest blades I have) and it costs around 50$. It's propably lot better in chopping than clipper. The blade head is large, so same rubbers wont fit.

I have also Firewall+, but it's not that good for chopping or spinning the ball.

Edited by RoyPips - 12/10/2019 at 11:41pm
vanjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vanjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/11/2019 at 9:53am
I am using Sword's yokohama yue ( I also have the yokohama yue 2 which is essentially the same with a different colored handle). Works very well with LP-can hit some, chop, block, etc. and provides plenty of power for FH looping. Some flex, soft feel. rated OFF to OFF-
Egghead View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Egghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2019 at 8:16pm

Edited by Egghead - 12/14/2019 at 12:45am
Aurora ST: Rhyzm / Talent OX
Egghead View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Egghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2019 at 12:30am
Originally posted by ericto ericto wrote:

Hi Pitogoi 
I think the reason why chop blocks and side blocks work for u when done fast enough is cos pips get bent.   long pips are dangerous when strokes are fast, i learned and am learning about long pips from ooak.forum.  

See coach li sun on lp video. https://youtu.be/1HD5VTQpFcU 

When they serve fast long to pips either with no spin or top spin, i find to be a difficult return for pips, stepping back and doing a regular fast defensive chop will return funky backspin, quick short chop block with good placement should give enough backspin to stop your opponent from teeing off, u must usually chop block and not just block to get underspin from lp, if u do not have quick chop on blocks the ball sunbaths and begs to be smashed.  
I just side swipe with my blade paralleling the table sideline (NOT table baseline)

Edited by Egghead - 12/14/2019 at 12:45am
Aurora ST: Rhyzm / Talent OX
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic