Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Boosting Results

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
anongpong View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anongpong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Boosting Results
    Posted: 12/06/2019 at 12:58am
Hello Everyone... I didn't see another thread like this and I just thought I'd throw this out there and see if it garners any attention. I'm just trying to contribute as I'm new to the forum.

I haven't personally boosted a lot of rubbers but I have obtained various boosters and I'm just a little bit of an EJ. To be honest, I've played with Tenergy and Dignics... and no boosted rubber (that I've tried) plays as well in my opinion. Approve

This Thread is just for your personal opinions and impressions of rubbers you've boosted.
1.)Which rubber? Which booster and method? I put them both in bold so people can skim without the search function.
2.)Impressions? There are no wrong answers. 

To start, I've boosted a....

1.)Black Hurricane 3 neo (2.15) with zeropong victory tune... Applied using their, "advanced use" method. Attached to Viscaria with paddle palace glue.
2.)My impressions were that it played similar to an Mx-p. Shocked 

1.) Red Gambler mech tek predator with gears sponge(max). One layer of revolution 3 (normal) and 2 layers of kailin oil. Attached to Vector speed with revolution 3 (normal)
2.)My impressions were that it became a little bit mushy but much faster and lively. Glue was very hard to get off afterwards.

1.)Black Gambler mech tek predator with gears sponge(max). One layer of revolution 3 (normal) and 2 layers of haifu seamoon. Attached to Vector speed with revolution 3 (normal).
2.)My impressions were that it became more crisp and improved the rubber all around. Glue was very hard to get off afterwards.

1.) Black Hurricane 3 prov orange sponge(2.2). One layer of revolution 3 (normal) and 2 layers of haifu seamoon. Attached to Viscaria with revolution 3 (normal).
2.)My impressions were that it wasn't as good as the regular neo with victory tune. It was still decent. I'd rather play this one without boosting. Glue was very hard to get off afterwards.

Like I said, I haven't boosted a lot... But hopefully, those willing can share a brief summary of their experiences here and we can all benefit.  I hope to add more in the future.

Thanks!Handshake

Edited by anongpong - 12/06/2019 at 1:05am
Ej still looking for his perfect setup...
Sponsored Links

ericd937 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ericd937 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2019 at 1:11am
Donic Barracuda  - if you boost it with 2-3 layers of Reviver Phoenix (Green Label) its becomes a really good rubber. Extreme Spin, added speed, and still very controllable. I play it on the backhand, but I could probably play it on either side. 
Current Setup: TBS FH T80/BH D80
Official USATT Rating 1815
Current estimated level: 1800-1900.
ericto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ericto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2019 at 2:39am
Not an expert in boosting.  But i have noticed i have to remove all old glue before booster else old glue mixed with booster - not good results and impossible to remove glue with just fingers, been using haifu. Surprised that u apply glue then booster

Got to 1600 with long pips Sept 2019;

Trying to get to 1800
anongpong View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anongpong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2019 at 2:23pm
Originally posted by ericto ericto wrote:

Not an expert in boosting.  But i have noticed i have to remove all old glue before booster else old glue mixed with booster - not good results and impossible to remove glue with just fingers, been using haifu. Surprised that u apply glue then booster

Hey ericto! Thanks for reply. 

I actually have read and seen videos of people applying a layer of glue before boosting. Something about getting the booster to distribute evenly and prevent bubbles... So I just emulated them.

But yah, I've been wondering about why it's so difficult to get the glue off when boosting. I was thinking it was just the Revolution 3 (normal) or perhaps putting 1 glue layer on before boosting? I have no idea.
Hopefully, someone on here knows and will share? 

Thanks again.
Static View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Static Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2019 at 2:39pm
Originally posted by anongpong anongpong wrote:

I actually have read and seen videos of people applying a layer of glue before boosting. Something about getting the booster to distribute evenly and prevent bubbles... So I just emulated them.

But yah, I've been wondering about why it's so difficult to get the glue off when boosting. I was thinking it was just the Revolution 3 (normal) or perhaps putting 1 glue layer on before boosting? I have no idea.
Hopefully, someone on here knows and will share? 

Thanks again.

I don't like Rev no. 3 either when boosting, the booster makes it turn very goo-ish and indeed harder to remove. I have never had any issues with Nittaku Finezip. 
Innerforce ALC, FH: Tenergy 19, BH:EL-P
taczkid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote taczkid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2019 at 3:11pm
If you boost by applying booster directly to the sponge (without glue layer 1st), you be able to remove the glue as easy as the glue will let you do it.

DHS Glue - friend uses and he stands by it that it is the best glue easy to peel of in almost 1 pull!
Tear Mender - glue available on Amazon and local stores often, its not a TT glue but works the same as other much more expensive glues like revolution etc.
Very easy to remove.
I for some reason end up almost always using either butterfly free chack 2 (will buy pro soon) or I often just glue with Rubber cement (for those who don't know rubber cement is pretty much like speed glue, it lasts few hours obnly). Not that easy to remove thou.

I also wanted to share a trick to easily remove old glue etc.
Buy tear mender its like 6$ big bottle, on the old glue apply 3-4 thin layers of tear mender drying each layer with hairdryer - once you apply 4 layers or so, it will penetrate thru old glue/booster and you be able to remove much easier from the rubber. I do have to agree just get tenergy and without booster is better than all other rubbers with booster, unless u know how to use hurricane 3 with booster etc..
ericto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ericto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2019 at 5:52pm
When i have glue (rev 3) then booster i noticed that rubber , sponge that is does not bend as well, that is why i always remove glue first.  I get mushy rubber when sponge is too soft to boost, prefer hardness greater than 47 degrees.  Mushy rubber may become better in a week or 2 when some booster evaporates.

I would just play with dignics 80 if it was $55 a rubber 😜.
Got to 1600 with long pips Sept 2019;

Trying to get to 1800
anongpong View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anongpong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2019 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by Static Static wrote:

...I have never had any issues with Nittaku Finezip. 

Thanks for the heads up... I didn't know that they had the Finezip in bigger bottles... and It's not too much more expensive than the DHS.

Originally posted by taczkid taczkid wrote:

...DHS Glue - friend uses and he stands by it that it is the best glue easy to peel of in almost 1 pull!...I do have to agree just get tenergy and without booster is better than all other rubbers with booster

Thanks for all the tips and info... Good stuff. I do want to try that dhs glue, and the tear mender trick.

Originally posted by ericto ericto wrote:

When i have glue (rev 3) then booster i noticed that rubber , sponge that is does not bend as well...  I would just play with dignics 80 if it was $55 a rubber 😜.

In the near future (when I boost), I will stop using that glue layer and post my results here.

Thank you all for contributing. If you guys get a chance could you post a brief summary of your impressions on some rubbers you've boosted. I'd love to hear about it.Thumbs Up

Edited by anongpong - 12/07/2019 at 2:02pm
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2019 at 9:48pm

This. 

Booster directly to $45 DHS blue sponged H3 Provincials will bubble them often.

Edited by icontek - 12/08/2019 at 9:18am
US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
igorponger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2019 at 11:23pm
LOOSE TALK CAN COST LIVES

WW II wall posters were distributed in plenty all over inside USA to warn the citizens of "Enemy's rаts spyin all around"
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2019 at 12:00am
So can too much vodka.
Tinykin View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinykin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2019 at 2:16am
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

So can too much vodka.
Wink
Blade:
Darker Speed90
Rubber Fh and Bh DHS Hurricane 3, 39/38deg

Delusion is an asset
chop4ever View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote chop4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2019 at 7:11am
Originally posted by stiltt stiltt wrote:

Originally posted by icontek icontek wrote:

This. 

People who apply booster directly to $45 blue sponge H3 Provincials will bubble them.
I have not boosted since the d-limonene days before 2008 and the paraffine oil after that for a while. I tried FTL by curiosity and chop4ever's fantastic booster and reviver to learn about making hurricane reach its potential.

What I have sometimes read here (mainly) and there is that applying the glue first and the booster after that will make the glue layer keep some booster in: the glue layer ends up being a mix of glue and booster giving some kind of thin mattress that acts like a zipping ply and adds tremendous spin, also releasing the booster in the sponge over time: is that true? it does not hurt common sense/basic logic, I just do not know how close to the truth that idea is. I am not interested in doing it, I just like to understand how it works, thanks.

It likes we have to put egg to the oil when frying noodle, just to prevent sticky burning
The glue layer acts like a buffer and slowly release booster to the sponge to make a smoother change of boosting effect.

for who makes bubbles on the expensive H3: firstly, FTL is not a booster and, the expensive H3 is fake.
There is no real "pro", "prov" or "NT" H3 in the market.
Falco is not a booster
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2019 at 9:21am
Originally posted by chop4ever chop4ever wrote:

It likes we have to put egg to the oil when frying noodle, just to prevent sticky burning
The glue layer acts like a buffer and slowly release booster to the sponge to make a smoother change of boosting effect.

for who makes bubbles on the expensive H3: firstly, FTL is not a booster and, the expensive H3 is fake.

I should have added that. 

While plenty of those $40-$80 fakes work GREAT with booster, often the bonds between the sponge and topsheet are weaker than those of genuine DHS products.
US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
BRS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BRS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2019 at 10:09am
Originally posted by ericd937 ericd937 wrote:

Donic Barracuda  - if you boost it with 2-3 layers of Reviver Phoenix (Green Label) its becomes a really good rubber. Extreme Spin, added speed, and still very controllable. I play it on the backhand, but I could probably play it on either side. 

Interested in this -- eric, how long between booster layers and  then how long does the effect last?  

Are you doing this with brand new sheets of baracuda or can you reboost old sheets too?

Are you inhaling lots of nasty chemicals while boosting with reviver?

If you have time a separate how-to post on boosting baracuda with reviver would be awesome.  Or if it's already posted please point me to it.  I use fastarc g1 but it's basically the same stuff as baracuda and results should be similar.  

Fulanodetal View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Fulanodetal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2019 at 10:04pm
So what is this chopforever booster everyone keeps talking about?

FdT
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/2019 at 5:44pm
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

So can too much vodka.

Cheap vodka and igor likes to smell speed glue
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic