Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

PLEASE DELETE

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mischasln View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mischasln Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PLEASE DELETE
    Posted: 12/14/2019 at 3:32am
Please delete this thread.

Edited by mischasln - 04/05/2020 at 4:34pm
Sponsored Links

mjamja View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjamja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2019 at 11:48am
I think Newgy sells one without the cutout for robot head. It should be pretty easy to create the cutout for your particular robot.

Good luck finding what you need.

Mark
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2019 at 12:42pm
https://www.paddlepalace.com/Paddle-Palace-Rolling-Ball-Collection-Net-with-Stand/productinfo/OPNES/

Cut a hole in one of them and you are done.

Those are less expensive but there is value in a catch net on rolls: it can be quickly taken away from the table; it's better for counter looping and looping long chops for example; also switching from training with your robot and playing somebody is much faster.
mjamja View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjamja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2019 at 12:59pm
I have used both types but with a robot I prefer the one with the side wings since I tend to scatter a lot of balls.  The quick removal feature of the roll away is very useful in a club situation, but for personal use I never felt I lost significant time to setup and takedown

Mark
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2019 at 2:13pm
On my 2050, I played once with the robot far away on top of a laundry cart  and the long chops are so more realistic and enjoyable.

If the robot is on wheels as well as in the OP picture, a roll away catch net makes sense. Much more can be done; but true, the additional spending is probably an overkill for home.
mischasln View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mischasln Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2019 at 11:32am
 Thank you all for your answers.

Since I need to assemble and disassembled the robot and the net every time I do training sessions, I’d rather have a dedicated cutout instead of cutting it myself.

I’m aware of all available catch nets, ranging from the JOOLA practice net, the iPong catch net, the portable service practice nets from various brands and the aforementioned Newgy catch net. 

The thing is, I’m really looking for that kind of ball catch nets, otherwise I would not have made this thread.

I even contacted Y&T and Tibhar, asking them if they sell those nets individually (since this kind of robots are all re-branded and made from the same factory anyway). Unfortunately, I haven’t received an answer yet.

If by chance a dealer gets lost on this thread, I would be very grateful for any help. :)
mischasln View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mischasln Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2019 at 11:59am
There’s also a similar catch net from Y&T which can be found on the Korean XIOM website.

There must be a way to buy those nets individually if for some reason one needs to replace is. 
TT newbie View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT newbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2019 at 12:39pm
I don´t know if it´s just me but this type of catcher is easy to be build with some tubes, connectors and sun shade net.
mischasln View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mischasln Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2019 at 12:40pm
I found another picture showing a Double Fish E6 robot. I was wondering if the net can be mounted on the table. It looks like the net is connected to the robot permanently. Or is it just “hanging” on the robot’s head? What do you think?

mischasln View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mischasln Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2019 at 12:42pm
Originally posted by TT newbie TT newbie wrote:

I don´t know if it´s just me but this type of catcher is easy to be build with some tubes, connectors and sun shade net.

I’m happy to see your results and be willing to spent some money if the quality and usability is near the one showing above. Wink
mischasln View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mischasln Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2019 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by stiltt stiltt wrote:

On my 2050, I played once with the robot far away on top of a laundry cart  and the long chops are so more realistic and enjoyable.

If the robot is on wheels as well as in the OP picture, a roll away catch net makes sense. Much more can be done; but true, the additional spending is probably an overkill for home.

May I ask if you have the Newgy Versa net? 

If so:

• Is the net foldable or if I want to store it away, do I need to disassemble the net into all individual parts? 
  • I’m also curious about the top-middle part: Is this a velcro cutout? 
  • Can you also tell me if the side parts are tighten enough to not letting the balls falling down along the sides?
  • Unfortunately, I can’t see the hole cutout. Can I place a bucket underneath or is this cutout only for placing a Newby robot inside and there’s no real hole?

Edited by mischasln - 12/15/2019 at 1:34pm
mischasln View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mischasln Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/16/2019 at 6:24am
Tibhar Germany just replied to me that it's possible to buy the catching net separately.

Edited by mischasln - 12/16/2019 at 6:25am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic