FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Fast Blades: suggestions and feedbacks

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
manuvernillo View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manuvernillo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fast Blades: suggestions and feedbacks
    Posted: 12/15/2019 at 4:05am
Dear friends,

I am playing since one year and half with a Joola Nobilis PBO-c, with a Joola Rhyzer 50 on fh and Rhyzer 48 on bh. 
It is a fast blade with good control and nice touch, not hard since, I guess, the outer layers in Hinoki let you feel the ball when you touch it. 
As said, I liked playing with it, I think I improved with my game but I start to look for something else, since many spin shots still have a quite high arc, even if I working on my technique trying to get more flat ones. 

I am considering to move to a slightly faster and harder blade, but still with a good control. Don't want something OFF++, but faster and harder than my Nobilis. 

The blades I am considering are:
TIBHAR
CCA Unlimited (or VS Unlimited)
DONIC
Crest Off
VICTAS
Koki Niwa
DHS
Hurricane Long V

Any suggestion? Critic? Feedback on the blades?

Thanks a lot
Emanuele
Sponsored Links

dajdosta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dajdosta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2019 at 6:22am
It would be best if you can try someones blade to see if you like the feel of it and then buy.
It is possible you don't need more speed but just harder blade.

TT newbie View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT newbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2019 at 8:43am
Ovtcharov Carbospeed.
lasta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lasta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2019 at 11:13am
The PBO-c is a 7.1mm composite, far above average. All the one's on your list are going to be slower.

If you insist on its not fast enough, then Schlager carbon, or Yinhe T1s on the cheap.
ProtossTT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProtossTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2019 at 11:27am
Originally posted by lasta lasta wrote:

The PBO-c is a 7.1mm composite, far above average. All the one's on your list are going to be slower.

If you insist on its not fast enough, then Schlager carbon, or Yinhe T1s on the cheap.

He wants good control too lol. And the Hinoki gives it control but bang impact when you need it. Not sure if you have the wrong concept or the wrong form. The last time I tried the new joola pbo blades, energon, etc it was pretty fast. If you really want to slow down get a limba outer with alc or zlc if not then I recommend a timo boll alc because of the koto outer while still retaining control. It doesn't fit my playing style so I went for the limba/koto alc route. 
ProtossTT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProtossTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2019 at 11:29am
Also if your arc's are high then change your rubbers. The blade is a medium arc I don't think it was too high. Change your rubber's first then change blade if it doesn't work. So yes you can fix that with proper technique or training. You have to really look at yourself from another person's eyes. What am I really doing wrong, am I looking at the ball, is my body out of position, or ball contact area etc. 
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manuvernillo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2019 at 11:43am
Hi guys,

thanks for all your feedbacks. 

Nobilis is a thick blade but not that stiff and also with a softer touch. I am playing now with "hard" rubbers and before with softer ones. 
I am not looking for something faster but something harder. I am already working on my techniques (strokes, body position, racket movement) in order to reduce a bit the arc of my spins. And I hope that a stiffer and harder blade will give me more power. 
CCA is thicker as the Nobilis, it is not less thick. 

Many thanks for all your feedbacks!
ProtossTT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProtossTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2019 at 11:45am
If you go for stiffer and harder you will lose control and first shot placement/timing. Say bye bye to flex or any dwell for slower shots. If you cannot generate the power yourself with a 7 ply all wood then there's something wrong. I can use my friends Kim Jung Hoon blade and still make devastating shots that can't be returned. Yes it has a burned core but it is all wood. 
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2019 at 11:51am
Stiga Carbonado 190.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manuvernillo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2019 at 11:57am
Originally posted by ProtossTT ProtossTT wrote:

If you go for stiffer and harder you will lose control and first shot placement/timing. Say bye bye to flex or any dwell for slower shots. If you cannot generate the power yourself with a 7 ply all wood then there's something wrong. I can use my friends Kim Jung Hoon blade and still make devastating shots that can't be returned. Yes it has a burned core but it is all wood. 

You are totally right and I understand that, I know that very well, I play since ten years and I know exactly what you (and I) are talking about. 
I quoted some blades which, according to manufacturers, are "slightly" harder and stiffer, but still with good feeling. I did not quote a Nittaku Feruku which, I have used it, it is unbelievable for his hardness. 
I know that I would need to adjust at the beginning, but I was looking for someone who tried those blades and could give feedbacks. 

Anyway, thanks for yours!
ProtossTT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProtossTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2019 at 12:25pm
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

Stiga Carbonado 190.

I second this. None of the blades you listed in your op really would suit you. You're gonna hate the long v the most lol. Carbonado is actually nice. And if you want more power then get the 290 or 245 lol
guni4you View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guni4you Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2019 at 5:04pm
Why would he hate long V?

Stiga Carbonado 190.

I second this. None of the blades you listed in your op really would suit you. You're gonna hate the long v the most lol. Carbonado is actually nice. And if you want more power then get the 290 or 245 lol
ProtossTT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProtossTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2019 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by guni4you guni4you wrote:

Stiga Carbonado 190.

Because he wants something harder. The long 5 is not hard compared to the pbo c he's using... He specifically said harder and faster
guni4you View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guni4you Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2019 at 5:46pm
Yes you are absolutely correct then. I have tried a lot of combinations. What has worked best for me is to use a inner force blade with limba outer plies paired with hard rubbers. For me the blade provides the necessary feeling which is very important and the hard rubbers help in playing strong, counterlooping and more control in passive play. Hope this helps.

Stiga Carbonado 190.

Because he wants something harder. The long 5 is not hard compared to the pbo c he's using... He specifically said harder and faster
ProtossTT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProtossTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2019 at 5:52pm

Yes you are absolutely correct then. I have tried a lot of combinations. What has worked best for me is to use a inner force blade with limba outer plies paired with hard rubbers. For me the blade provides the necessary feeling which is very important and the hard rubbers help in playing strong, counterlooping and more control in passive play. Hope this helps.

Stiga Carbonado 190.

Correct but also I've noticed why not everyone uses this setup. I have no issue with inner carbon blades at all but at the same time people can't adjust to the dual gears basically. But nonetheless I use that myself currently a limba outer and alc inner 
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2019 at 11:39pm
Originally posted by manuvernillo manuvernillo wrote:

Hi guys,

thanks for all your feedbacks. 

Nobilis is a thick blade but not that stiff and also with a softer touch. I am playing now with "hard" rubbers and before with softer ones. 
I am not looking for something faster but something harder. I am already working on my techniques (strokes, body position, racket movement) in order to reduce a bit the arc of my spins. And I hope that a stiffer and harder blade will give me more power. 
CCA is thicker as the Nobilis, it is not less thick. 

Many thanks for all your feedbacks!

What do you think of CCA ? Better than 190?
ProtossTT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProtossTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2019 at 11:57pm
I personally liked the carbonado series over the CCA 

Edited by ProtossTT - 12/15/2019 at 11:57pm
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/16/2019 at 12:13am

What I read about  carbonado 190 was very diifrent when I bought it
ProtossTT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProtossTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/16/2019 at 12:16am
Originally posted by mykonos96 mykonos96 wrote:

Such as? It's quite a nice blade. Maybe you just got a bad batch. Not all blades are equal nor would they be the exact match as other people who reviewed them described it as. If you don't like it I'll gladly take it off of your hands :)
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manuvernillo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/16/2019 at 4:13am

Hi @ProtossTT, you wrote some messages before: "If you go for stiffer and harder you will lose control and first shot placement/timing. Say bye bye to flex or any dwell for slower shots. If you cannot generate the power yourself with a 7 ply all wood then there's something wrong.", 
but then you suggest me a Carbonado, which I have used in the past (a friend of mine is STIGA sponsored and I had the chance to use few of them), which is extremely harder than Nobilis and which I don't want!

I proposed blades which, apparently, are harder and faster than mine (specs. say that). 
Can you tell me/us why you did not like CCA or Hurricane Long V, which are harder than my Nobilis, but not that much (according to specs.)?

Thanks
bokai View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bokai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/16/2019 at 6:58am
I tried the carbinado 190 and didnt found anything special about it. However! It is very stable and easy to use! Hurricane Long V is made for loop driving.
ProtossTT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProtossTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/16/2019 at 7:46am

Hi @ProtossTT, you wrote some messages before: "If you go for stiffer and harder you will lose control and first shot placement/timing. Say bye bye to flex or any dwell for slower shots. If you cannot generate the power yourself with a 7 ply all wood then there's something wrong.", 
but then you suggest me a Carbonado, which I have used in the past (a friend of mine is STIGA sponsored and I had the chance to use few of them), which is extremely harder than Nobilis and which I don't want!

I proposed blades which, apparently, are harder and faster than mine (specs. say that). 
Can you tell me/us why you did not like CCA or Hurricane Long V, which are harder than my Nobilis, but not that much (according to specs.)?

Thanks

Next level recommended and I just simply said I agree too.
I have a long 5 but I prefer bigger handles and sometimes the consistently of a good quality blade is inconsistent. Same thing with the long 3. I got a good one sold it then wanted another and it was a dud. CCA I tried out but the handle is weird both the CCA unlimited and VS unlimited. They're not bad but for me when I tried the carbonado series 45,90, and 190 stood out for me. 
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/16/2019 at 9:29am

Thanks

IF you think the 190 is too stiff, try the 145 or the 90.

The thing is that you said you wanted something harder and stiffer.  While HL5 is possibly harder, it is unlikely to be stiffer than a Nobilis.  The Carbonados are definitely harder - how much stiffer when you get to the 145 or the 90, unlikely, as the Nobilis is thicker.  Usually, it is better to test for yourself.  If someone had told me I would like the 190 before I used it, I would have told them they were crazy since I tend to hate blades like this.  But I am playing okay with it (better than I do with the comparable Boll ALC) and have committed to getting better with it.  That counts for a lot.  
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/16/2019 at 1:21pm

Originally posted by mykonos96 mykonos96 wrote:

Such as? It's quite a nice blade. Maybe you just got a bad batch. Not all blades are equal nor would they be the exact match as other people who reviewed them described it as. If you don't like it I'll gladly take it off of your hands :)

Friend of mine didnt like 
taczkid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taczkid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/17/2019 at 10:37am
Schlager Carbon or Primorac Carbon (both great blades, supper fast with nice control. Also Amultrat is a good option.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic