Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Hurricane 8 vs Hurricane 3 Provincial Blue Sponge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Hurricane 8 vs Hurricane 3 Provincial Blue Sponge

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hurricane 8 vs Hurricane 3 Provincial Blue Sponge
    Posted: 12/15/2019 at 6:54pm
Was wondering if played unboosted, which one is better on the FH?

-------
Viscaria
FH: Hurricane 8-80
BH: D05

Back to normal shape bats :(
Sponsored Links

ProtossTT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProtossTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2019 at 6:57pm
Originally posted by blahness blahness wrote:

Get the h3 neo provincial blue sponge best hands down. I play both boosted and unboosted
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2019 at 7:09pm
Originally posted by ProtossTT ProtossTT wrote:

Get the h3 neo provincial blue sponge best hands down. I play both boosted and unboosted

I tried my friend's blue sponge and it was really amazing in terms of the spin and control compared to the Hurricane 8 (also feels lighter?!), was that your experience as well?
-------
Viscaria

ProtossTT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProtossTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2019 at 7:30pm

I tried my friend's blue sponge and it was really amazing in terms of the spin and control compared to the Hurricane 8 (also feels lighter?!), was that your experience as well?

Yes much lighter and spin!!!!
bars View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bars Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/19/2019 at 12:46am
neo will have more action for you

Edited by bars - 12/19/2019 at 12:50am
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/19/2019 at 1:49am
Originally posted by bars bars wrote:

neo will have more action for you

You mean hurricane 3 neo provincial blue sponge?
-------
Viscaria

vik2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vik2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/19/2019 at 10:13am
If you aren't boosting, you might as well play the neo version.
jpenmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/19/2019 at 1:36pm
I dont boost  and prefer H8 (40 degree) over H3 Prov Blue Neo. I know I'm the minority but I like the elasticity of H8. It could be that my experience with H8 vs H3 has been using penhold. 

Edited by jpenmaster - 12/19/2019 at 1:39pm
OSP Expert II w DNA Dragon Grip
3000.artists View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3000.artists Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/19/2019 at 5:25pm
same with the pen holder above, the stickiness of h8 makes it better imo. Lately, everything else I’ve gotten from dhs has been completely non sticky out the pack. 5 sheets, 3 skylines, 2 hurricanes (neo and blue sponge)- all felt like hard sponge euros.. if only dhs would make a skyline 8- a touch stickier and a touch lighter, but perfection may be too much to ask
guni4you View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guni4you Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/19/2019 at 5:31pm
Do CNT team players like ma long use hurricane 3 both sides? Or do they use something like hurricane 3 top sheet but a tensor sponge?
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/19/2019 at 5:31pm
Originally posted by jpenmaster jpenmaster wrote:

I dont boost  and prefer H8 (40 degree) over H3 Prov Blue Neo. I know I'm the minority but I like the elasticity of H8. It could be that my experience with H8 vs H3 has been using penhold. 

Could you elaborate on that, especially in terms of spin production?
-------
Viscaria

icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/19/2019 at 9:51pm
The provincial blue sponge is built to soak booster. If you are noticing good speed and EASY spin on a buddies setup (if the rubber plays almost ESN like, with decent power when out of position / or during imperfect stroke production) then it's likely a boosted blue.

Edited by icontek - 12/19/2019 at 10:02pm
US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
ProtossTT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProtossTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/19/2019 at 10:27pm
Originally posted by guni4you guni4you wrote:

Do CNT team players like ma long use hurricane 3 both sides? Or do they use something like hurricane 3 top sheet but a tensor sponge?

Only a few do that like Ma Long others use a tensor or a custom spec'd tensor.
I tried it and it works got a 37, 39, and even the new h3 neo hard it actually plays well boosted that is. 
Ma Long uses a 42+ degree blue sponge, but boosted down 2 or so degrees (whatever his liking his) and then for his backhand a softer sponge, but boosted slightly less otherwise it'll get too mushy which happens to any soft rubber if boosted heavily. 

Also the reason why I prefer the h3 neo blue sponges is due to the lighter weight in comparison to h8. H8's weight reminds me of the sanwei national Target 40+. I personally like that over the h8. Both heavy rubber's but I have had better quality control experience with Sanwei national Target 40+. So if somehow he neo blue sponge were to be unavailable at one point Sanwei would be my back up or Dianchi super D which is a slightly slower rubber of h3 neo

Edited by ProtossTT - 12/19/2019 at 10:30pm
guni4you View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guni4you Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/19/2019 at 11:18pm
Do you have any idea how many layers would Ma long be using for the 42 hardness blue sponge and 37 orange sponge for backhand?

I tried it and it works got a 37, 39, and even the new h3 neo hard it actually plays well boosted that is. 
Ma Long uses a 42+ degree blue sponge, but boosted down 2 or so degrees (whatever his liking his) and then for his backhand a softer sponge, but boosted slightly less otherwise it'll get too mushy which happens to any soft rubber if boosted heavily. 

Also the reason why I prefer the h3 neo blue sponges is due to the lighter weight in comparison to h8. H8's weight reminds me of the sanwei national Target 40+. I personally like that over the h8. Both heavy rubber's but I have had better quality control experience with Sanwei national Target 40+. So if somehow he neo blue sponge were to be unavailable at one point Sanwei would be my back up or Dianchi super D which is a slightly slower rubber of h3 neo
ProtossTT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProtossTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/19/2019 at 11:22pm
For all I know he could be using a 50 degree sponge. I don't think anyone could quite answer that question lol that's classified to the coach and player only. For the backhand about 2 layers for me worked wonders. I'm guessing he does a light layer as well as stated before the softer sponges get too mushy if overboosted.

Do you have any idea how many layers would Ma long be using for the 42 hardness blue sponge and 37 orange sponge for backhand?

guni4you View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guni4you Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/19/2019 at 11:24pm
Which booster do you use?And how long does the effect last?

For all I know he could be using a 50 degree sponge. I don't think anyone could quite answer that question lol that's classified to the coach and player only. For the backhand about 2 layers for me worked wonders. I'm guessing he does a light layer as well as stated before the softer sponges get too mushy if overboosted.

ProtossTT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProtossTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/19/2019 at 11:28pm
I used to use haifu but just use trf from Europe or Falco yes those aren't the best or ideal for it, but for me and many other players it does more than enough. Falco goes the longest for a few months, but I haven't noticed a drop in performance yet for my first setup I boosted 7 months ago. I think Falco states about a month or two before reboosting if necessary though. Nowadays I just boost once with Falco and keep playing until I destroy the top sheet. It'll soften up for the most part in the long run plus the blade gets slightly softer or less crisper from gluing. I could care less I still use the blades for awhile until I buy more lol

guni4you View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guni4you Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/19/2019 at 11:37pm
How many layers of falco do you use on both backhand and forehand? I used haifu yellow oil and loved it but the effect was very short.Rubbers started to slow down and change a lot in about 2-3 weeks.

I used to use haifu but just use trf from Europe or Falco yes those aren't the best or ideal for it, but for me and many other players it does more than enough. Falco goes the longest for a few months, but I haven't noticed a drop in performance yet for my first setup I boosted 7 months ago. I think Falco states about a month or two before reboosting if necessary though. Nowadays I just boost once with Falco and keep playing until I destroy the top sheet. It'll soften up for the most part in the long run plus the blade gets slightly softer or less crisper from gluing. I could care less I still use the blades for awhile until I buy more lol

ProtossTT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProtossTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/19/2019 at 11:42pm
Unfortunately none of us are Ma Long let alone part of the Chinese National team or high enough in that epsilon of players to ever get a custom made brick sponge. The most I've seen is 42. I personally can switch between 40 and 41 using 3 layers of booster. 37 I only use 1.5 basically a nice first layer then a lighter layer much thinner for the last. Falco softens it quite alot so you don't want to overdo it.

How many layers of falco do you use on both backhand and forehand? I used haifu yellow oil and loved it but the effect was very short.Rubbers started to slow down and change a lot in about 2-3 weeks.

guni4you View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guni4you Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/19/2019 at 11:45pm
And the performance with falco stays consistent for 1-2 months?
ProtossTT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProtossTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/19/2019 at 11:49pm

For me Soo far yes. Depends how often you play as well. Also if you really hate boosting after opening and gluing your new h3 neo blue sponge smack the s*** out of every ball and you can slightly soften the rubber up too lol. Your arms might hurt but you don't have boost every now and then haha just saying don't take my word for it completely

And the performance with falco stays consistent for 1-2 months?
guni4you View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guni4you Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/20/2019 at 12:06am
Thanks a lot.
alas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/26/2019 at 12:51pm
Originally posted by icontek icontek wrote:

The provincial blue sponge is built to soak booster. If you are noticing good speed and EASY spin on a buddies setup (if the rubber plays almost ESN like, with decent power when out of position / or during imperfect stroke production) then it's likely a boosted blue.

You can buy national and provincial rubbers pre boosted?? Any links or proof for this?
-Eric
Nittaku Acoustic (Ch.Pen)
DHS Skyline TG-2 NEO
DHS Skyline 3-60
Matt Pimple View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Pimple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/26/2019 at 1:28pm
Originally posted by alas alas wrote:

Originally posted by icontek icontek wrote:

If you are noticing good speed and EASY spin on a buddies setup (if the rubber plays almost ESN like, with decent power when out of position / or during imperfect stroke production) then it's likely a boosted blue.

You can buy national and provincial rubbers pre boosted?? Any links or proof for this?
He didn't say you can buy the rubber boosted, he Talked about a buddies set up. This would assume then that the buddy boosted the rubber.
OSP Ultimate; Dr. Neubauer Dominance Spin Hard max, Dr. Neubauer Troublemaker 0.5

My Feedback
alas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/26/2019 at 6:55pm
ah... sorry!
-Eric
Nittaku Acoustic (Ch.Pen)
DHS Skyline TG-2 NEO
DHS Skyline 3-60
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic