FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Xiom Calderano Blade

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
h0n1g View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote h0n1g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/24/2020 at 10:14pm
First observations after 2 sessions, one with D80/D64 and one with DNA Pro H/Factive.

• Blade has a nice finish, the wood feels super slick, almost sealed
  • My blade was 91g in weight
  • As jpenmaster already mentioned, the blade has a large sweetspot and reminds me in this way of the Vega Pro blade and the Super ZLC series. I believe what contributes to the large sweetspot feeling is a very profound impact sensation, like there is a lot of weight behind every shot you hit
  • I find that this blade does not have a giant amount of dwell and is on the stiffer side, perhaps slightly softer than a Timo Boll ALC. It is considerably harder than a W968.
  • The ball contact time is relatively short, much shorter than W968 and somewhat shorter than a Freitas ALC, however it is slightly longer than a TB ALC (for me).
  • The blade is very linear, does not seem to have any spikes on fast or slow hits
  • The catapult of the blade is low - this can be good and bad, depending on your playing style and strengths/weaknesses

Edited by h0n1g - 02/24/2020 at 10:15pm
Sponsored Links

Ray View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/25/2020 at 5:15am
Originally posted by yogi_bear yogi_bear wrote:

Originally posted by ultraspin98 ultraspin98 wrote:

Yogi do you know when Xiom Deep Impact ALX will be released?

No word yet. We have to wait for the 36.5 blade and Calderano blade to be released first. 

It will be released in May.
Life is too short for defensive play.

https://twitter.com/spinnier_com
fb.me/spinnier
SmileTT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmileTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/27/2020 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by h0n1g h0n1g wrote:

First observations after 2 sessions, one with D80/D64 and one with DNA Pro H/Factive.

• Blade has a nice finish, the wood feels super slick, almost sealed
  • My blade was 91g in weight
  • As jpenmaster already mentioned, the blade has a large sweetspot and reminds me in this way of the Vega Pro blade and the Super ZLC series. I believe what contributes to the large sweetspot feeling is a very profound impact sensation, like there is a lot of weight behind every shot you hit
  • I find that this blade does not have a giant amount of dwell and is on the stiffer side, perhaps slightly softer than a Timo Boll ALC. It is considerably harder than a W968.
  • The ball contact time is relatively short, much shorter than W968 and somewhat shorter than a Freitas ALC, however it is slightly longer than a TB ALC (for me).
  • The blade is very linear, does not seem to have any spikes on fast or slow hits
  • The catapult of the blade is low - this can be good and bad, depending on your playing style and strengths/weaknesses

I agree with everything that was mentioned above. Deep Soft feeling like all wood. And Crisp/stiff feeling because of Koto. And yes the finish was great smooth all around the handle and faces. The blade is fast. I don't think it should be rated as Off-, but rather Off+.
Xiom Omega IV Euro | Freitas ALC | Xiom Omega IV Euro
Feedbacks
h0n1g View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote h0n1g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/27/2020 at 2:46pm
I don't think its reasonable to rate the blade Off+. That would be in the category of Schlager Carbon, Super ZLC blades etc. - those blades are definitely significantly faster than the Calderano blade. I do agree that the blade is likely more OFF than OFF- thou, but that will also very much depend on your stroke etc.
gekogark1212 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gekogark1212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/27/2020 at 4:09pm
Just wish it had a limba top :(
(\__/)

(='.'=) But there's no sense crying over every mistake,

(")_(") You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.
Charlie Brown View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlie Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/27/2020 at 7:42pm
i wonder if Eugene will sign on the one i'm picking up? LOLTongueBeer
*sigh*
andzejgolot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andzejgolot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/01/2020 at 10:09pm
This blade is koto and feel like limba, sometimes I dont like trajectory from short game in limba topply but I miss this softy feeling. 
michael maze  alc is soft very bouncy  and agressive blade, but short game is bad 
Hugo calderano sal is  special in this area because it is soft, not mushy, handle is pleasure to hold but it has stiffness from material  membrane like very popular zhang jike alc but with  less speed 

it has special soft feel in short game but you can imagine how easy arylate gives you straight  bounce from blade.
You can see how best players on pressure are  playing with straight rebound like it was nothing .
Fan zhendong, Calderano, Pitchford, Gauzy, Ma Long.

You call that sweet spot, I call that guidance   system of controlling ball. When you play with this blade you dont care about your position of blade angle in blocking  and short game because you know that you put the ba ll on other side and if you match this  with dignics 09c or rasanter 37
This will be like new type of  perfect amateur equipment because I hear info from Dima about 09c and looks legit with this automatic throw angle  and dont care about Dima 
but I had Rasanter r37 and has very very easy rebound  so if you dont believe Dima, Rasanter put you in control zone system but it will be too soft for serious players so I put Dima words on the table because everybody loves butterfly rubbers.

I had first time 729 08 pro on forehand and this rubber is not super tacky but has easy sticking feel on the ball,  very good rotation but too slow and Im not chinese rubber lover.
On backhand I had  05 and really loved trajectory. I have very good  backhand so this is best combination for me.
This blade is made for 05 players.
 Sorry Xiom but you made butterfly players more powerful. I think butterfly  players dont care about  Xiom blades so sorry butterfly players, you lose here too much, feeling, spin, and everything.

I put rakza 7 and fastarc g1 second time, I feel characteristic speed release but only in hard shots, the funny subject in this blade is when you play slow your ball is straight but arc is low  so opponent has problems with blocking but when you put maximum effort in spin and your wrist will be moving more in upward way the ball will have more curve trajectory but arc is still  be low like in professional video shots so there is massive spin or massive illusion or fastarc g1 is recommended for forehand.

Handle absorption is good technology for amateurs, because when you play with butterfly  spark bazelart or innerforce al 
you can feel big vibration and sometimes its annoying
here u cant feel  handle vibration  but more quality of handle and more feeling  when rubber touch the plastic ball so this is more personal attitude and love for old balls
 I enjoyed ZLC material more than ALC but curve trajectory of ZLC and dead feeling sometimes makes me fool,... short game,  backhand flick this is not good material for this type of game. Alc is easier in this area and easier to pick rubbers on arylate

Any cons? 
Price, small resell value, soon discountined and my bad english.
And I dont know what xiom rubbers will be good here. So I will stick to g1 and 05
maybe too slow for off+ lovers 

for me this is
slower version of zhang jike alc with better feeling and this is blade for guys who loves hard rubber or spin high throw rubber and play more touch shots with different tempo

Edited by andzejgolot - 07/01/2020 at 10:22pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic