Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fan Zhendong vs Xu Xin - match of the year?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fan Zhendong vs Xu Xin - match of the year?
    Posted: 01/04/2020 at 8:27pm
This is such an insane match with so many highlight worthy points over and over again that it has to rank one of the top matches in 2020 (it's early in the year so I could be wrong lol). The intensity and shot quality is really up there too. 

-------
Viscaria
FH: Hurricane 8-80
BH: D05

Back to normal shape bats :(
Sponsored Links

WingTT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WingTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/05/2020 at 5:02am
Those were some amazing reaction blocks and loop counters from Fan Zhendong, made more effective and doable by the plastic ball.
kakapo View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kakapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/05/2020 at 5:18am
Waow, great match !!! Very very lucky FZD.....Very very unlucky XX. 
XX should have won this match 10 times.
Def play grey grip 94gr, Venus 2 blue 2,2, Neubauer KO extreme 1,3mm
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/05/2020 at 8:31am
Originally posted by kakapo kakapo wrote:

Waow, great match !!! Very very lucky FZD.....Very very unlucky XX. 
XX should have won this match 10 times.

Can't say Xu Xin didn't play well, he had 8 game points leading 2-1 in games, if he had taken any of them it would have been a decisive 3-1 lead that would have swung the momentum the other way completely.

He didn't play all that bad either for those points, FZD was simply having all the answers like a boss....
-------
Viscaria

Simon_plays View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simon_plays Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/05/2020 at 12:41pm
FZD just looked completely unplayable in this match. Hopefully XX will still get the singles call up for the Olympics. 
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/05/2020 at 5:40pm
Originally posted by Simon_plays Simon_plays wrote:

FZD just looked completely unplayable in this match. Hopefully XX will still get the singles call up for the Olympics. 

I think it's really hard to be honest. As long as FZD doesn't completely screw up he and Ma Long will play the Olympics Singles. Xu Xin was told to focus more on the mixed doubles (which CNT treat as equally important)
-------
Viscaria

stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/05/2020 at 7:12pm
at 2-1 3-1. what is xx apologizing about?

btw it was 9 game points xx had. 3 from 10-7 to deuce and 6 more after that. 

Freely adapting from the joke: "What's the most important point in a match? the last one!", FZD makes a strong point: It does not matter how many game points we lose as long as we win the last one.

edit: at 15-14, xx lets fzd makes a quite beautiful block where he has to reach a bit but look at all that space xx did not take advantage of by going for the corner. OK, easier said than done but at his level, can't we expect more commitment in placement when such situations arise?

Inversely, I saw fzd going deep in the corners and down the line more than once, that tells me he has an edge over xx, fzd has placement and power all in one and he goes all in off the bounce often too. 

There is no doubt in my mind fzd is the very best player in the world today. He has been for a few years, he was just not convinced about it deeply inside. Everything in his play and body language tells me he is intimately sure of it today.

Edited by stiltt - 01/05/2020 at 7:40pm
chongqinghotpot View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chongqinghotpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/05/2020 at 8:37pm
It was a great match during which XX used a lot of reversed backhand. Had he won the 4th game, the outcome could have been different. 
USATT rating 2200
05Vis64
liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/05/2020 at 8:51pm
does anyone think that the CNT Men's is playing on a totally new level in 2020?  Almost godlike.  Xu Xin, FZD, LJQ are all playing out of this world!
maeyang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maeyang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2020 at 12:54pm
Originally posted by liulin04 liulin04 wrote:

does anyone think that the CNT Men's is playing on a totally new level in 2020?  Almost godlike.  Xu Xin, FZD, LJQ are all playing out of this world!
for skills,I think nobody doubts China.even LGY,I also think he has special skills.The problem is LJK and LGY have weak heart.they cant take too much pressure.Once they can solve those problems,FZD,LJK,LGY and WCQ can keep China NO1  for next 8 years.But for the women Line of China,I think they should think if they should spend too much time on CM  and ZYL.And I think SYS and WMY can keep China No1 for the next 8 years.
to be a better people
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2020 at 12:59pm
Originally posted by maeyang maeyang wrote:

for skills,I think nobody doubts China.even LGY,I also think he has special skills.The problem is LJK and LGY have weak heart.they cant take too much pressure.Once they can solve those problems,FZD,LJK,LGY and WCQ can keep China NO1  for next 8 years.But for the women Line of China,I think they should think if they should spend too much time on CM  and ZYL.And I think SYS and WMY can keep China No1 for the next 8 years.
SYS and WMY can keep china No1 cheaters for the next 8 years. LOL

just kidding, they were young and impulsive on that episode and I am sure they learned their lesson after the worldwide trash-talk on them.

Edited by stiltt - 01/06/2020 at 1:23pm
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2020 at 1:14pm

I think they ve been underperformning in protours on purpose
Fulanodetal View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fulanodetal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2020 at 1:49pm

This year there's the extra pressure about the decision of the Olympic team selection. Hence the players are putting that extra effort.

I think that speculating that they were somehow "under-performing" in other pro tours is ridiculous.

Too bad about Ma Long. It's the end of his era. It was awesome to watch him play and change the game. He definitely changed the game. Watch games before he rose to prominence (2000-2009), and then watch more recent games. PPL have made comparisons between Harimoto and Ma Long, but I think that's unfair. Ma Long came to prominence before we saw this current hyper-aggressive all attacking game developed. Harimoto is the result of this new context. Ma Long has been out Ma Long-ed!

FdT

Edited by Fulanodetal - 01/06/2020 at 1:50pm
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2020 at 2:01pm
Originally posted by Fulanodetal Fulanodetal wrote:

[QUOTE=liulin04]does anyone think that the CNT Men's is playing on a totally new level in 2020?  Almost godlike.  Xu Xin, FZD, LJQ are all playing out of this world!

This year there's the extra pressure about the decision of the Olympic team selection. Hence the players are putting that extra effort.

I think that speculating that they were somehow "under-performing" in other pro tours is ridiculous.

Do you have evidence that they arent.? Pitty we dont have a direct friendship with LGL like you..
Fulanodetal View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fulanodetal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2020 at 2:36pm
"Do you have evidence that they arent.? Pitty we dont have a direct friendship with LGL like you.."

That's the shifting of the burden of proof fallacy. Classic fallacy.

You're the one making the claim ("players under-performing on purpose"), you're the one with the burden to provide evidence of your wild assertion.

If you don't know about the fallacy, Im providing a link here for your education: https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/burden-of-proof

FdT
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2020 at 6:18pm
Originally posted by Fulanodetal Fulanodetal wrote:

"Do you have evidence that they arent.? Pitty we dont have a direct friendship with LGL like you.."

That's the shifting of the burden of proof fallacy. Classic fallacy.

You're the one making the claim ("players under-performing on purpose"), you're the one with the burden to provide evidence of your wild assertion.

If you don't know about the fallacy, Im providing a link here for your education: https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/burden-of-proof

FdT

I said " I think they are underperforming..." read again..its wasnt "  they re underperforming".. therefore its my opinion..

Sorry Mr phd but I  dont have anything to learn from you and not my fault  that you cant understand what YOU READ

passifid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote passifid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2020 at 6:49pm
Sorry FdT I hate that site. But you are the one who made the claim. You should supply proofs in your own example. He only rejected your original statement.
Simas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/11/2020 at 6:32pm
crazilyy good match. 10 out of 10
Stiga Offensive Classic Legend
DHS Hurricane Neo3
Donic Bluefire JP01 Turbo
pitigoi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pitigoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/19/2020 at 12:32pm
What impressed me was the series of short serves and pushes:
XX to FZD's forehand (to avoid banana-flick?), and FZD to XX's backhand (to avoid the penholder over-the-table loop?).
Right hand: Stiga Allround NCT (74g) /Rasant Grip max/Talon OX red (total 135g)
Left hand, 2020-1: Stiga Allround WRB (67g)/Fastarc G-1 1.8mm/V11 > Extra max 158g
Fitness Friendship Fun
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic