Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

D09c not tacky...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
jpenmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: D09c not tacky...
    Posted: 03/30/2020 at 10:52am
I got a sheet of Dignics 09C in. Rubber comes with a protective film sheet. I was a little surprised after removing the film sheet the rubber was not  that tacky/sticky. It has a more grippy feel than D05 but isn't anything like a Chinese rubber or newer ESN hybrid.

Edited by jpenmaster - 03/30/2020 at 3:14pm
OSP Expert II w DNA Dragon Grip
Sponsored Links

slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/30/2020 at 1:34pm
Thanks jpenmaster.

What is the weight of the sheet and what are its dimensions? TIA.
BauerPower View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BauerPower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/30/2020 at 1:47pm
I saw a Japanese review where D09c would pick up a ball for about 1-2 seconds.  Was this not your experience?
DonnOlsen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnOlsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/30/2020 at 2:38pm
Deleted

Edited by DonnOlsen - 03/30/2020 at 5:37pm
Tenergy: Two weeks of heaven, followed by three months of excellence, then, a nice rubber.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/30/2020 at 3:01pm
73grams is the uncut weight. No way my sheet would pick up a ball for 2  seconds its nothing like a hurricane rubber. The protective sheet is more sticky than the rubber. You can lift a ball off the table maybe an inch if you are lucky before it drops off. The top sheet has more grip not sure how that will translate into play

Edited by jpenmaster - 03/30/2020 at 3:12pm
Creek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Creek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/30/2020 at 4:05pm
is it 73g with protective film or without?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/30/2020 at 4:55pm
without
DonnOlsen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnOlsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/30/2020 at 5:38pm
Originally posted by jpenmaster jpenmaster wrote:

I got a sheet of Dignics 09C in. Rubber comes with a protective film sheet. I was a little surprised after removing the film sheet the rubber was not  that tacky/sticky. It has a more grippy feel than D05 but isn't anything like a Chinese rubber or newer ESN hybrid.

Hi,

Thanks Jpenmaster; I do hope you have the opportunity now to hit a ball with it; would love to hear your thoughts.

When you said this: 

It has a more grippy feel than D05 but isn't anything like a Chinese rubber or newer ESN hybrid.

did you mean more grippy than Tenergy 05 or Dignics 05?  I didn't anticipate it would be distinct in grippiness from Dignics 05.

Thanks.
Tenergy: Two weeks of heaven, followed by three months of excellence, then, a nice rubber.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/30/2020 at 5:44pm
sorryI haven't played with it yet. Topsheet has more grip than D05 and T05 when you drag your finger across it.  My blade has Dignics 09C on the FH and Dignics 80 on the BH so I should be able to tell pretty quick which has more spin on serve and during play
DonnOlsen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnOlsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/30/2020 at 5:54pm

sorryI haven't played with it yet. Topsheet has more grip than D05 and T05 when you drag your finger across it.  My blade has Dignics 09C on the FH and Dignics 80 on the BH so I should be able to tell pretty quick which has more spin on serve and during play

Thank you so much!
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/30/2020 at 5:55pm
Butterfly just posted a video interview with Ovtcharov on how wonderful D09C is.  You always wonder how sincere these guys are in their endorsements, but he looks sincere.  Maybe he's really good at acting? Or maybe he really does think it's the best rubber ever.  Of course, how is anyone going to test it now?
flamingmdn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flamingmdn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/30/2020 at 6:32pm
When reviewing Ovtcharov No1 blade with Dan from TTDaily, Dima had a beautiful story behind the development of that blade and why he likes it so much. 
...after two month he contracted with Butterfly :)
But that was too good to be acting, he really looked very passionate about that blade. And I don't get why you need a wonderful story behind, there are many easier ways to tell a lie. 

So, I tend to believe Dima. But if it is best for him, this doesn't mean it would be best for everyone, especially on our level Smile
Gewo Sensus Carbo Speed | Vega X
Creek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Creek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/30/2020 at 6:56pm
dima will get a quite similar Butterfly blade. He currently plays an Innerforce ALC custom with bigger headsize which is basically the description of the Ovtcharov no1 Senso (without Senso handle)
AndiHL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndiHL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/31/2020 at 12:43am
Originally posted by Creek Creek wrote:

dima will get a quite similar Butterfly blade. He currently plays an Innerforce ALC custom with bigger headsize which is basically the description of the Ovtcharov no1 Senso (without Senso handle)

And both are basically a DHS 968 (national Version of HL5), I think...
DonnOlsen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnOlsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/31/2020 at 6:43am
Hi,

On a related topic, the pricing of the Dignics' line continues to drop, with 09c at $94 in the U.S. the lowest yet.  Because all the pricing is moving downward at a degree of granularity that suggests an algorithmic influence, the force of greatest impact is likely the Yen-to-USD exchange rate.

USD JPY - Historical Annual Data
YearAverage
Closing Price
Year OpenYear HighYear LowYear CloseAnnual
% Change
2020108.97108.69112.06102.37108.46-0.20%
2019109.01109.69112.08105.28108.68-0.89%
2018110.34112.63114.44104.73109.66-2.69%
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/31/2020 at 10:53am
Originally posted by benfb benfb wrote:

Butterfly just posted a video interview with Ovtcharov on how wonderful D09C is.  You always wonder how sincere these guys are in their endorsements, but he looks sincere.  Maybe he's really good at acting? Or maybe he really does think it's the best rubber ever.  Of course, how is anyone going to test it now?

but the version they use is not what you get in stores
chongqinghotpot View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chongqinghotpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/31/2020 at 12:03pm
from what I saw, it does help to mitigate his FH issues 
USATT rating 2200
05Vis64
guni4you View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guni4you Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/31/2020 at 5:50pm
do you have table at home? Did you try playing with?

73grams is the uncut weight. No way my sheet would pick up a ball for 2  seconds its nothing like a hurricane rubber. The protective sheet is more sticky than the rubber. You can lift a ball off the table maybe an inch if you are lucky before it drops off. The top sheet has more grip not sure how that will translate into play
Leftstudio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leftstudio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/31/2020 at 6:22pm
Originally posted by benfb benfb wrote:

It is called MARKETING - I am sure you've heard of that word before right?
No signature required
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/31/2020 at 6:40pm
I do have a table at home just haven't had time to try it out
guni4you View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guni4you Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/31/2020 at 7:28pm
When you try please let me know how it is.

Thanks.

I do have a table at home just haven't had time to try it out
andzejgolot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andzejgolot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/31/2020 at 10:00pm
Dima is lier. 
vik2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vik2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/31/2020 at 10:29pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FWaFc_8dgk

Based on this it's as tacky as Spin Art. They say Spin Art more closely resembles Hurricane while 09c is closer to a tensor rubber. Also, hardness of rubber on Butterfly scale, it's 48 for Spin Art and 44 for 09c. Looks like 09c will be easier to play for most people. 

Edited by vik2000 - 03/31/2020 at 10:31pm
DonnOlsen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnOlsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/01/2020 at 9:30am
Originally posted by vik2000 vik2000 wrote:

Based on this it's as tacky as Spin Art. They say Spin Art more closely resembles Hurricane while 09c is closer to a tensor rubber. Also, hardness of rubber on Butterfly scale, it's 48 for Spin Art and 44 for 09c. Looks like 09c will be easier to play for most people. 

These are valuable observations; Thanks!
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/01/2020 at 10:11am

the ball stuck to the sheet for at least 1 second so it is tacky

Edited by tom - 04/01/2020 at 10:13am
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/01/2020 at 10:14am
Every Japanese review I see has Butterflys new blade Revoldia. They are trying hard to push that super saw dust blade.
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/01/2020 at 10:18am
To BTY’s credit: both T05 Hard and the Dignics series were excellent. Their production team makes great products regardless of how badly their pricing team gouges us!
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/01/2020 at 12:52pm
Originally posted by slevin slevin wrote:

To BTY’s credit: both T05 Hard and the Dignics series were excellent. Their production team makes great products regardless of how badly their pricing team gouges us!
so true, they are an advertising company more than a table tennis company. I'd do the same if I could so I can't blame them. The transition to the Dignics series after throwing the smooth T05 Hard bridge from the Tenergy era was so intelligently managed. Another smart script unrolled with mastery.
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/01/2020 at 1:41pm

Also, hardness of rubber on Butterfly scale, it's 48 for Spin Art and 44 for 09c. Looks like 09c will be easier to play for most people. 
I have a sheet of SpinArt which I test every so often, including just a few weeks ago (right before the pandemic starting closing clubs).  In spite of the claimed 48 hardness, my sheet of SpinArt does not feel hard to me.  Certainly not as hard as either T05H or D05.  I believe (just a guess, really), that Butterfly used a different hardness scale instead of their usual one when they labelled the hardness of SpinArt as 48.  I would put the real number as around 38, when compared to other Butterfly rubbers.  That is, harder than T05 but less hard than T05H.
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/02/2020 at 12:40pm
Originally posted by stiltt stiltt wrote:

Originally posted by slevin slevin wrote:

so true, they are an advertising company more than a table tennis company. I'd do the same if I could so I can't blame them. The transition to the Dignics series after throwing the smooth T05 Hard bridge from the Tenergy era was so intelligently managed. Another smart script unrolled with mastery.

That is not what I implied at all. They are a great production company first.

Players never picked up on stuff like Bryce High Speed, despite all the advertising of new tech, etc. They also haven't picked up on the newer blades (like Hadraw series) despite their being marketed a lot more than Viscaria / TB-ALC.

Most players (pros or kids in clubs) prefer playing with Tenergy / ALC blades (till late, that is - before all this Dignics stuff came into fore) because those products are fantastic. No denying that. Even despite the fact that I've never been a fan of T05 - it has been the best rubber overall in the world for a long, long time.

And despite their array of newer products, that is where the bulk of their club-quality equipment production is focused on.

Edited by slevin - 04/02/2020 at 12:42pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic