FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Improving my Play (Video)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
cmetsbeltran15 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmetsbeltran15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/12/2006 at 9:46pm
lol
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ take my energy ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sponsored Links

mcuba View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/12/2006 at 10:15pm

lol

who lost sence of humor here

lol lol lol  lol lol lol

~
            evolving tters
*JC* View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *JC* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2006 at 12:12am
Originally posted by mcuba mcuba wrote:

lol

who lost sence of humor here

lol lol lol lol lol lol

its obviously not you, is it lolghost?

i have a good sense of humor

but to be honest, i have a terrible sense of mcuba
Thats not a knife
THIS is a knife.
Thats not a knife
THATS a spoon.
mcuba View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2006 at 2:36am

~
            evolving tters
Jon2378 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jon2378 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2006 at 4:26am
Originally posted by mcuba mcuba wrote:

not making joke at all....not even smiling.... SNIP.....lol.... will topspin his nose if ever meet....lol.

laughing without smiling...

contradict more?
sluskas View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluskas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2006 at 5:30am

how can you watch the videos? its says inneccasable i made just free accoutn but what next to watch it?

O ITS ON YOUTUBE OK SORRY

sluskas View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluskas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2006 at 5:42am

wow what is that your forhand chop i bad , yu lift it or something you can hear the blade,

haha at the BH block haahah what is that funny movement? haha

hey and on 7.02 minutes you mis a serve hahahahah

pff iam waaaayyyyy better defender klassik for live this is beter watch>>>>the blue one hahah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxsbpTvmMVQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfWOKVp6x2c

with inverted men yeah haha

*JC* View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *JC* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2006 at 5:49am
in b4 jihad
Thats not a knife
THIS is a knife.
Thats not a knife
THATS a spoon.
varghesep View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote varghesep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2006 at 9:59am

Thanks guys for the feedback.

cmetsbeltran15 said that my racket movement is from side to side. Do you mean my arm is not coming from back to out, and is from side to side?

I have a qn regarding the follow through? Does the ar come from back down to forward high to the head level?

When you smash, what is the position of the racket to the ball?

Any suggestion for how much I can crouch? Any kind of relativity I can apply like shoulder to the table height?

sluskas View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluskas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2006 at 10:21am
Originally posted by alfie alfie wrote:

to much wasted upper body movement,the BH chops seem very good I think it's your best asset but FH needs a bit of work.Crouch down more and try doing the same motion consistantly as at the moment your upper body is all over the place,on the FH against topspin you seem to be sending everything long because your blade is not closed enough,block with BH topspin has to much wrist and not enough of a closed angle what your doing is just turning the ball over (can't generate any power like that) instead of going at an angle and through the ball.

Your serves seem OK but with that grip it's hard to get a lot of spin try a search of the word pendelum and you will find some answers on how to get consistant spinny serves that can be disguised.

Note as far as your grip goes you may want to put your thumb on the rubber as it gives more control of the blade angles in other words choke down on the handle a bit more

the servers i think are not good  on 7.02 minute you serve a stupid serve what is that your hear there is little sppin and you mis the serve hahahaha

chops View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2006 at 10:46am
sluskas keep your mouth shut, if you have nothing constructive to say. How do you expect to help the man?
sluskas View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluskas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2006 at 11:16am

haha , only said that he misses the serve its funny hahaha

varghesep View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote varghesep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2006 at 1:07pm
sluskas, nobody is born with chops or serves - it is rather learnt from mistakes. You might be a better player or have better style - or you don't make any mistakes, but what makes table tennis a game to watch and play is sportsman spirit, professionalism and helping others to grow. I felt your comments are so sarcastic - please don't do it to anyone. Give constructive criticisms with good reasons. Some of the gurus who gave advises in this thread not only helped me, but also help someone who is learning.
sluskas View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluskas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2006 at 3:28pm

haha but that serve on 7.02 was the best ahah against the edge of table hahahahahaha

there is no spin on it do it from right to left it do it sometimes to

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmetsbeltran15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2006 at 4:45pm

sluskas people have expressed dislike towards your posts, whether they are spam, unhelpful, annoying etc...

he heard your opinion that the serve at 7:02 was not good, and there is no need to say it twice. maybe you should tell him how to improve it?

varghesep, by the way, since you seem to be at the more novice level (no offense), you should not start trying to serve right to left, as it is harder than left to right, and can throw you off, try to start at the left side of the table, croach down, and after the toss, brush the bottom left corner of the ball (imagine where the corner would be), and make a smooth but firm left to right motion. hope this helps.

sluskas View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluskas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2006 at 4:53pm

haha i mean from right to left only that serve i dont do that serve anymmore but he does in not so goood so never mind

7.02 :P

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmetsbeltran15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2006 at 4:57pm
?
ttkenny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttkenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2006 at 5:14pm

Varghesep,

Here are my suggestions to improving your chop game.  The main thing you must be focusing on at this point is the basic strokes.

For chopping on the forehand:

a) focus on keeping your stance low with your knees bent.

b) time your stroke with the speed of the oncoming ball, what I mean is as the ball is approaching you time your stroke and positioning to strike the ball at the precise location.

c) as the ball is coming towards you, your right foot should be in the back with your weight shifted to your back leg.

d) as you shift your weight towards the back, ensure your racket head is pointing upward so you will be able to stroke the ball downwards towards the ball.  Your elbow should be about 90 degrees from the side of your body.  By doing this, you ensure that you will get maximum control and spin when the stroke is completed from start (high) to finish (low)

e) when you chop the ball, you can chop the ball at different times.  If chopping earlier, the motion will be more straight down at 45 degrees or steeper depending on how fast the topspin or ball is going towards you.  For chopping later on the decent, stroke the ball on back of the ball and on contact, do a somewhat of a scooping motion like a "J".  Its is hard to explain but when you chop, you will carry the ball over by scooping it back.  The J motion will be a forward motion as you rotate your body about 45 degrees with some weight shifting back towards the front (I would say about 30% of the weight).

that is all I can think of off the top of my head at the moment.  Spend more time improving the quality of your footwork returning quality balls before worrying about just getting the ball back.  It will reap rewards in the end after some hard work.  The better you get the more addicting it gets!  Enjoy!

Kenny
YATTP View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YATTP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2006 at 6:19pm
What ttkenny says is good. I add one more thing: Make sure that you keep your back straight when chopping. Bend your knees, but don't bend your back. Try to chop the ball at about hip height for good spin. Unlike an attacker whose arm is at hip height when he is in ready position, a chopper's arm nees to be up (!) and ready to chop. Hold your blade up in front of your body and then just turn your hip left or right for bh or fh chop. This will save you precious time.

I can see that you have some talent for chopping from how gently and elegently you execute your bh chop. You seem to have some serious feeling for the ball. This is the good news.
HOWEVER, apart from your bh push pretty much every stroke and body movement is so wrong that you really need to get some basic technical coaching lessons to get the basics right. If you start to get serious with TT you simply need to have a correct technique, otherwise you can't really improve and you might do great harm to your health.

mcuba View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2006 at 8:05pm

Originally posted by *JC* *JC* wrote:

in b4 jihad

crusade....kill d poor people of d oil countries... thats what its meants i guess

please correct me ? anyone?

or rather its an attack at me... if it is.... ouuch its hurt....

lol

d lol ghost

~
            evolving tters
*JC* View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *JC* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2006 at 11:18pm
as long as im paying less at the petrol pump, its all good. Amirite, or Amirite?

And if it means a few schools / hospitals have to get bombed along the way, then so be it

no, that was not an attack on you.

It ment that i was predicting this thread to turn into a "holy war"

Or a war of some kind, but it seems wars only come in 1 flavour these days, and its of the jihad variety.

Thats not a knife
THIS is a knife.
Thats not a knife
THATS a spoon.
silence View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2006 at 1:09am
*JC* you are the kiss of death.( the Australians will understand, well, the Victorians at least( I hope ))

You are 0/2 so far.

You have predicted two flame wars and so far none have eventuated. I guess the mods should start paying you .
mcuba View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2006 at 2:54am
thx silence... i have no futher comment.
            ~
            evolving tters
*JC* View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *JC* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2006 at 4:41am
edit: im not really that mean....my conscious wont let me keep this post ehre
Thats not a knife
THIS is a knife.
Thats not a knife
THATS a spoon.
Jon2378 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jon2378 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2006 at 5:04am
ROFL

edit: sif edit
adambty View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adambty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2006 at 5:15am

haha I rembered JC lost in an arguement with someone in another forum, he has to abuse his administrator previlage to ban the other person.

Unfortunately the other person kept on coming back, poor JC still cant get rid of the other person, he even resort to edit the other persons posting try to win the arguement... yet he still cant win.

Later he get his website owner friend to help him out... hahaha at the end JC still cant win, finally threatened to plant fake evidence using his administrator password and complained to the others person ISP, what a jerk... finally everyone see what an arshole JC is, JC becomes upset, left the forum crying... hahaha poor JC

fatcomet View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatcomet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2006 at 5:28am
Originally posted by adambty adambty wrote:

haha I rembered JC lost in an arguement with someone in another forum, he has to abuse his administrator previlage to ban the other person.

Unfortunately the other person kept on coming back, poor JC still cant get rid of the other person, he even resort to edit the other persons posting try to win the arguement... yet he still cant win.

Later he get his website owner friend to help him out... hahaha at the end JC still cant win, finally threatened to plant fake evidence using his administrator password and complained to the others person ISP, what a jerk... finally everyone see what an arshole JC is, JC becomes upset, left the forum crying...

...he whistled for a cab and when it came near
The license plate said fresh and it had dice in the mirror
If anything he could say that this cab was rare
But he thought, "Nah, forget it. Yo home to Bel-Air!"

He pulled up to the house about 7 or 8
And yelled to the cabby yo holmes smell ya later
Looked at his kingdom he was finally there
To sit on his throne as the prince of Bel-Air.

fix'd?

oh hay you guys wtf
srsly you guys y r you all editing your posts
talk to me you guys
adambty View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adambty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2006 at 6:36am
but you are editing your own posting, thats the difference. JC go and manipulate other people's posting so that he can win in an arguement... what a low life.
*JC* View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *JC* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2006 at 7:44am
mang, i should un edit my posts then

Mcuba: enjoy your aids
Adam: i need some help here, i cant for the life remember which argument your talking about.

Me vs Alfie re: me being a idiot ( Alfie won )
Me vs adam re robonazis ( i won ) - i think? ...he went away in the end
Me vs Kenn part 1 re: kenn being a idiot ( I won )
Me vs sprite ( me being a hypocryte ) ( sprite won )
Me vs kenn part 2 ( see part 1 ) ( silent hunter won )

So, if you could select one of those, and then hopefully it will re-job my memory.

also - your an idiot

There was no fake evidence - i just told his ISP that he was abusing a newsgroup - his ISP had a poilicy there customers had to abide by etc.

Evidence i planted? cant remember....but probally.....that sounds like something i would do.

also - maybe i am an asshole.....i dont doubt you for a second.

you know why?

Tsunamis own the asian continent....and i laugh

People mutilate themselfs.....and i laugh

Suicide, homocide, genocide.....i laugh

racism, sexism, descrimination.....tasteless hate.....and i laugh.

i am the mindless "me tooism" of the internet......

i start irrational, pointless flamewars....the true face of the internet.......and then i laugh.

I charge my lazer, i fire my lazer, i mongle cocks, i yo homes to belair, i shot web, i know milhouse is not a meme and firmly believe thrilho is.

I leik mudkips

I want MOAR, not less. I know the pool is always closes, and i know its becouse mcuba gave it aids.

My habbo is always closed, and its pools are always blocked. I pray to raptor jesus, as he went extinct for my sins. Vtec is always about to kick in...and as always....the internet is a series of interconnected tubes that is designed for looking at porn and downloading mp3s.....as well as having flamewars.

Fatcomet, this HAS to make the lulz files.
or an hero time is nigh

Thats not a knife
THIS is a knife.
Thats not a knife
THATS a spoon.
sluskas View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluskas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2006 at 8:54am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic