Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Need a faster Viscaria

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/23/2020 at 9:04pm
I have an idea. Look at my FS ad there and pay attention to both the 2 BBC Hinoki Ghost and the 4 Butterfly Lindmae Special.

The Hinoki Ghost at that weight are very powerful, if not more than a Viscaria and I guarantee a huge sweet spot with no vibration at all and a very soft and gentle feel. They can be played as is. This is a huge design in terms of insight, read about it.

I wrote they can be played as is because the 99 grams Lindmae Special are too heavy for modern rubbers but because they are oversized, you could shave them to the dimensions of a regular Butterfly blade and you can also cut the back of their pretty long handles a bit. You'd end up with a stiffer and faster blade because there will be less material to absorb the shock and more energy will be transferred into a faster bounce. It might become too stiff for your liking though but I just considered the idea after nobody would buy them. I wonder why was that, 99 grams ST carbon fast blades are valuable, especially when they come in a bunch of 4 of them all matching! I think only old people who like to finish the ball fast will like it LOL I should just keep them.

If you want to test them I can send one of each to you free of charge (except you pay shipping both ways, Paypal only,I hope you are close to Seattle, WA) to test for a month or so but you can't cut any of them LOL. I am just curious about what a guy who pays very much attention to detail has to say about those 2 blades that I like a lot. You spent a lot of time and money into focusing a setup to fit a game, your game, and I understand you want to keep the best you found out. 

I noticed nothing sells now because people are afraid that they won't be able to resell if they buy just to test. The table tennis blades testers are taking a hit in the face from Covid but if it hurts them it means they didn't get the disease right? 

This proposal is just about amortizing the lack of testing fiestas we are suffering. I understand if you do not want to spend any money to test something relatively cheap and inferior to the mighty Viscaria in terms of image only.

Edited by stiltt - 09/23/2020 at 9:17pm
Sponsored Links

Vlad0 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vlad0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/24/2020 at 2:39am
I'm curious to know what are these rubbers and their thickness that make 88gr. Viscaria slow. I can try them to tame my 90gr. one.
TB ALC 86gr + D09c/T05
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/24/2020 at 7:27am
Originally posted by Vlad0 Vlad0 wrote:

I'm curious to know what are these rubbers and their thickness that make 88gr. Viscaria slow. I can try them to tame my 90gr. one.

Try Stiga Mantra
emihet View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emihet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/28/2020 at 1:38pm
find a viscaria 93-94 grams
I also found a ZJK ALC a touch Faster and a Timo Boll ALC 92 grams or heavier

Viscaria, Ma Long 5, Old Clippers, BTY Ovtcharov and Various Custom blades
emihet View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emihet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/28/2020 at 1:40pm
or if you have the budget to do it...order a custom order viscaria and increase the core by 0.2 mm
Viscaria, Ma Long 5, Old Clippers, BTY Ovtcharov and Various Custom blades
Skynet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skynet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/29/2020 at 3:21pm
Originally posted by TT newbie TT newbie wrote:

I´m used to ALC blades such as Viscaria and Timo Boll Spirit, but I decided to go to something faster keeping the same soft feeling. I thought first about Iolite but it´s not sold anymore. 
So what could be a faster blade with same Viscaria feeling? Not necessarily a Butterfly blade.

Are you still looking for a Viscaria update? If so, why not take a look at the Nexy Oscar? Similar construction as Viscaria etc., exept that the top ply is made of hinoki, which gives it a slightly softer feel and a bit more catapult compared to the "dead" koto of the Viscaria. Slightly thicker, too (6.2 - 6.3 mm). Could be the one you're looking for...
TT newbie View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT newbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/29/2020 at 6:16pm
Originally posted by Skynet Skynet wrote:

Are you still looking for a Viscaria update? If so, why not take a look at the Nexy Oscar? Similar construction as Viscaria etc., exept that the top ply is made of hinoki, which gives it a slightly softer feel and a bit more catapult compared to the "dead" koto of the Viscaria. Slightly thicker, too (6.2 - 6.3 mm). Could be the one you're looking for...
Old Iolite had Hinoki top layer but was even thicker with 7.5mm
This one might be a good option, thanks for the tip.
fmarek View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fmarek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/04/2020 at 9:20am
Originally posted by Simon_plays Simon_plays wrote:

Did no-one else think when reading the topic 'No you don't'? TongueWink

Speed expectations are up to player, maybe his blade is too light or something.

When I saw "keeping the same soft feeling", I was like wtf? :)
729 Green Goblin 5, FH: 729 Battle II National H39, BH: Palio HK1997 Gold.
DHS Long 5, FH: 729 Battle II Gold H40, BH: Nittaku C1
fmarek View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fmarek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/04/2020 at 9:23am
Originally posted by tzifosF1 tzifosF1 wrote:

Is the Yinhe V14 or V14Pro  that you can find around 45$ from Aliexpress  valid options?

Absolutely valid, even though ply materials are different :))
TT newbie View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT newbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/04/2020 at 11:17am
Originally posted by fmarek fmarek wrote:

Don´t you think Viscaria has a soft feeling? Compared to Primorac Carbon it is very soft.
Shifu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shifu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/04/2020 at 1:16pm

Don´t you think Viscaria has a soft feeling? Compared to Primorac Carbon it is very soft.

Yes, but in general any Koto outer ALC blade is considered quite hard.
fmarek View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fmarek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/04/2020 at 1:41pm
Originally posted by Fabian1890 Fabian1890 wrote:

Exactly. 

I am really puzzled by the way OP describes feeling, koto is crips and not soft at all, while primorac having hinoki wood on the top just cannot be hard. However I never played primorac carbon, I dont know. It is the one which is considered to be the fastest blade in the universe? Hinoki + T5000 carbon?

Valiantsin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Valiantsin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/05/2020 at 12:45am

. It is the one which is considered to be the fastest blade in the universe? Hinoki + T5000 carbon?

There is also good old piece of brick yinhe t4s, so not sure if PC is fastest 
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/05/2020 at 5:30am

Exactly. 

I am really puzzled by the way OP describes feeling, koto is crips and not soft at all, while primorac having hinoki wood on the top just cannot be hard. However I never played primorac carbon, I dont know. It is the one which is considered to be the fastest blade in the universe? Hinoki + T5000 carbon?

Primorac carbon is indeed stiff. A tad lower than Sardius. 
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/05/2020 at 3:29pm
Originally posted by yogi_bear yogi_bear wrote:

Exactly. 

Primorac carbon is indeed stiff. A tad lower than Sardius. 

Primorac Carbon especially 2nd series with metal tag is probably the fastest ever made Butterfly blade together with some Gergely samples, but the difference is mostly connected Gergely has another balance. Not sure about Sardius, because never had a wish to own this model. I have tested it only from a friends, I could say it is different as feeling too.

I am not absolutely sure, because I have no proof, but W.Schlager used exactly 2nd series Primo Carbon FL with Schlager Carbon handles to get the World Championship's Gold Medal in 2003 in Paris, right? It was discussed long time ago.

I still keep one ST sample from these Primo carbons 2nd series and wondering what to do with it.
It is really fast and always fun to play with if you are able to handle the speed.

Edited by kolevtt - 10/05/2020 at 4:52pm
bars View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bars Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/22/2020 at 1:18am
what about heavier viscaria.

or more glue :)
TT newbie View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT newbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/22/2020 at 10:11am
UPDATE:

Following tips here, I got a heavier blade, but not Viscaria. 
I went to a 93g ZLC blade (Zhang Jike) and I can say I´m satisfied now. The blade is not soft at all, but has the speed I was looking for. 

Johnny Erasure View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnny Erasure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/28/2020 at 7:43pm
I have a Viscaria from 2009 (serial J) which has 97g. It's very speedy, has more speed than my ZJK SZLC. I can't play with it, never find a Viscaria with such power.
Blade: JM ZLC
Rubbers: FH Dignics 09C
            BH Dignics 05
Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=63937&KW=Johnny+Erasure&PID=764628&title=feedback-for-j
chongqinghotpot View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chongqinghotpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/2020 at 5:20pm
So what are you going to do with it? Do you want to sell or trade it?
USATT rating 2200
05Vis64
kindof99 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/2020 at 10:25pm
I have a 95g S series Viscaria and a 106g P series Viscaria. They feel solid. The 95g one weighted at 95g when I bought it new. The 106g one was sealed, but the sealant layer is not that thick (can not feel the sealant when I move my finger on the blade face.)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic