FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Revspin Shop launched!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
revspin View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote revspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Revspin Shop launched!
    Posted: 12/03/2020 at 4:30pm
Hi TT community,

We've launched the Revspin Shop!

We're introducing our Rewards Program, and want to make it the best in table tennis.

Learn about the Revspin Rewards.

Brands
We have a large selection of brands, but are still adding more brands, so Butterfly and JOOLA will be added soon.

Win a Rubber of Your Choice
To kick off this launch, we have a Facebook contest:

LIKE and SHARE that post and you can win a rubber of your choice Smile

A winner will be announced tomorrow (Dec. 4) at noon EST!

Arthur Lui
Revspin.net Reviews + Shop
Sponsored Links

piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/2020 at 7:27pm
Is prices in CAD or USD?
revspin View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote revspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/2020 at 7:44pm
Prices are in USD, and everything ships from the US, so there may be customs for Canadians.

There's also a Best Price Guarantee, and our prices match the lowest allowed by the manufacturers.

Arthur Lui
revspin View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote revspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/2020 at 9:26pm
Originally posted by stiltt stiltt wrote:

it was just a matter of time, congratulations on your continuous TT endeavor for more than 10 years since the days of the tt database. Good luck!

Thank you kindly!

Arthur Lui
h0n1g View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote h0n1g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/04/2020 at 1:22am
would be very interesting if you’d combine with with a tiered discount program like TT11 or Dandoy. 

Based on what I’m seeing, I’m unsure what the incentive is to buy here vs Megaspin or Paddlepalace. 
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/04/2020 at 8:38am
Where's abnormal?

Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
revspin View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote revspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/04/2020 at 9:27am
Originally posted by h0n1g h0n1g wrote:

would be very interesting if you’d combine with with a tiered discount program like TT11 or Dandoy. 

Based on what I’m seeing, I’m unsure what the incentive is to buy here vs Megaspin or Paddlepalace. 

Hmm, tiered discounts, that's a really good idea. Thanks! I'm thinking I may develop something with that using the Rewards Points. 

I'm also trying to get some cool prize ideas there. Any ideas on that?

Arthur Lui
revspin View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote revspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/04/2020 at 9:29am
Originally posted by zeio zeio wrote:

Where's abnormal?

Lol, yeah I was sort of debating using "Inverted" or "Smooth". I was trying to make it easier for people less familiar with TT who wouldn't know what "Inverted" rubber meant. I guess "Normal" is a bit odd. And for "Smooth" I wanted to separate Antispin from that category, but maybe it would still work.

What do you think of "Smooth"?

Arthur Lui
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/04/2020 at 9:30am

Nobody can beat TT11 prices
Valiantsin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Valiantsin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/04/2020 at 9:52am
Originally posted by revspin revspin wrote:

Hmm, tiered discounts, that's a really good idea. Thanks! I'm thinking I may develop something with that using the Rewards Points. 

I'm also trying to get some cool prize ideas there. Any ideas on that?
Can you have pagination size encreased? I mean it's not so good if you have 11 pages with 8 products on one page and need to find something.
Would be good to choose something like 10-20-40.

And also would be good to have filtering by brand.
So that I could choose rubbers -> nittaku (currently only rubbers) and nittaku -> rubbers (can choose only nittaku)? 

And main feature which I would like to have - weight column near blades.
Would be really useful for me.

Edited by Valiantsin - 12/04/2020 at 9:54am
Matt Pimple View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Pimple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/04/2020 at 10:12am
Originally posted by piligrim piligrim wrote:

He wasn’t talking about prices but a discount program like TT11 for example “buy 3 and get 4”.
OSP Ultimate; Dr. Neubauer Dominance Spin Hard max, Dr. Neubauer Troublemaker 0.5

My Feedback
idk View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote idk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/04/2020 at 10:22am
to be blunt, i am shocked that you launched the website without an option to filter by brand or other common categories

major slip-up
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/04/2020 at 10:58am
Originally posted by Matt Pimple Matt Pimple wrote:

He wasn’t talking about prices but a discount program like TT11 for example “buy 3 and get 4”.

It’s not prices? With this discount program you get lower price
Also 30% off If you buy over 300 euro
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/04/2020 at 11:41am
Originally posted by revspin revspin wrote:

Lol, yeah I was sort of debating using "Inverted" or "Smooth". I was trying to make it easier for people less familiar with TT who wouldn't know what "Inverted" rubber meant. I guess "Normal" is a bit odd. And for "Smooth" I wanted to separate Antispin from that category, but maybe it would still work.

What do you think of "Smooth"?

Since you have "Rubbers (Inverted)" as the page title already, how about just "Inverted" with Grippy/Tacky/Hybrid and Antispin under it and "Non-inverted" for the rest and adding some simple images/illustrations next to the names/types, ideally with links to some kind of "Rubber 101" page? A good way to "prime" your potential customers with "infomercial".

The idea is to get them up to speed with how the standard "table tennis" terms are used in the rest of the world. Get them connected. Help shatter the basement image. In much the same way, put PREASSEMBLED PADDLES(drop the PADDLES if possible) behind BLADES and RUBBERS under RACKET, as they could tell already.

Rubber illustrations stolen from tt-japan.

Edited by zeio - 12/04/2020 at 12:14pm
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
NBSR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NBSR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/04/2020 at 11:46am
As others have mentioned, filtering by brands should be available.

Currently, there is not much incentive to buy from a relatively new site/business without competitive pricing like tabletennis11 which is already established and has great offers with tiered pricing (i.e. 30% off when spending 300 euros). 

The prices are similar/the same to U.S. prices. If i were to buy something within the U.S. it would probably only be Butterfly products as these are unavailable at lower price outside the U.S., but even then, the site does not supply any Butterfly products as this point.

I like the idea of Revspin rewards, but that's assuming I would be inclined to shop at Revspin often.

In short, I would probably continue to buy at tabletennis11, Megaspin, paddlepalace, eBay, and others within the community here as the prices and immediate benefits/rewards being offered currently are lackluster/normal.

Nevertheless it's good to see another place to buy table tennis equipment. Wish you the best in business and competition. Thumbs Up

cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/04/2020 at 12:00pm
Originally posted by NBSR NBSR wrote:

As others have mentioned, filtering by brands should be available.

Currently, there is not much incentive to buy from a relatively new site/business without competitive pricing like tabletennis11 which is already established and has great offers with tiered pricing (i.e. 30% off when spending 300 euros). 

The prices are similar/the same to U.S. prices. If i were to buy something within the U.S. it would probably only be Butterfly products as these are unavailable at lower price outside the U.S., but even then, the site does not supply any Butterfly products as this point.

I like the idea of Revspin rewards, but that's assuming I would be inclined to shop at Revspin often.

In short, I would probably continue to buy at tabletennis11, Megaspin, paddlepalace, eBay, and others within the community here as the prices and immediate benefits/rewards being offered currently are lackluster/normal.

Nevertheless it's good to see another place to buy table tennis equipment. Wish you the best in business and competition. Thumbs Up

Arthur has been in this business a long time and is 100 percent trustworthy. Those who dont remember it used to be ttdb
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
fmarek View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fmarek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/05/2020 at 2:34am
I cannot believe in 21st century I am not able to filter products by brand or see prices in my preferred currency. Browsing of catalogue is the main function of online shop and it is horribly built. If my IT team would even show me similar website experience, I'd fire them all on the spot. Go sort by price and enjoy a view of empty page, all products are gone.

You need a more skilled team for this project.
729 Green Goblin 5, FH: 729 Battle II National H39, BH: Palio HK1997 Gold.
DHS Long 5, FH: 729 Battle II Gold H40, BH: Nittaku C1
idk View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote idk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/05/2020 at 11:25am
Originally posted by fmarek fmarek wrote:

I cannot believe in 21st century I am not able to filter products by brand or see prices in my preferred currency. Browsing of catalogue is the main function of online shop and it is horribly built. If my IT team would even show me similar website experience, I'd fire them all on the spot. Go sort by price and enjoy a view of empty page, all products are gone.

You need a more skilled team for this project.

just noticed this as well. not to mention revspin.net leads to a reviews website. one needs to remember the URL as "revspin.net/shop" which nobody is going to remember.

my suggestion to OP is take this thread down, fix up the site big time and then re-launch.

Edited by idk - 12/05/2020 at 11:27am
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/05/2020 at 4:49pm
I was able to click on the options and easily filter. Also a shop by brand filter. 

h0n1g View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote h0n1g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2020 at 5:46am

Originally posted by Matt Pimple Matt Pimple wrote:

It’s not prices? With this discount program you get lower price
Also 30% off If you buy over 300 euro

I don’t think it’s about beating prices but as you pointed out, if I spend a lot of money with TT11, I get a lot of discounts which in turn makes their prices hard to beat. If the difference to a US based shop would be say 5%, I’d still buy there to support variety and competition. But right now, a lot of times, TT11 and Dandoy are 20-30% cheaper than US based retailers, and sorry, no way I’m going to pay a 30% premium to support someone and get the same goods. 

So I continue to be astounded that new TT shops are popping up that simply ignore this huge pricing and competitiveness issue

Case in point: Stiga Carbonado 45 with 2x DNA H 
Rev Spin: $300
TT11: $226

I’m not sure how anyone can create a business case and chart a way to a significant success unless your business is to sell to clubs and organizations directly and do the direct to consumer stuff as “hobby” without significant cost and upside. 

Edited by h0n1g - 12/07/2020 at 5:54am
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2020 at 10:51am
in a business model like megaspin or (it seems) revspin, orders are filled by a different company.  So the prices you see are actually the prices of, say, American TT.  These companies just facilitate the sale and take a cut. Nothing to lose if you don't sell much.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Valiantsin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2020 at 11:16am
Megaspin offers really good prices.
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2020 at 11:32am
Originally posted by Valiantsin Valiantsin wrote:

Honestly I thought they were one of the most expensive places

NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2020 at 12:41pm
Originally posted by cole_ely cole_ely wrote:

They just link you to distributors.  If the distributors are cheap, then Megaspin is cheap. If the distributors are not cheap, then Megaspin is not cheap.  Nothing special about Megaspin.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Valiantsin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2020 at 12:53pm
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

They just link you to distributors.  If the distributors are cheap, then Megaspin is cheap. If the distributors are not cheap, then Megaspin is not cheap.  Nothing special about Megaspin.
I just compare their prices with what can find in amazon/ali.
They are bit more but less than at tt11 and PaddlePalace.
And they are genuine compare to what we can find on amazon/ali.

Edited by Valiantsin - 12/07/2020 at 12:54pm
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2020 at 6:23pm

I just compare their prices with what can find in amazon/ali.
They are bit more but less than at tt11 and PaddlePalace.
And they are genuine compare to what we can find on amazon/ali.

They are definitely 100% genuine. When I spoke here I was going by brands that they don't even carry anymore so I don't know. Basically I think their site is just a mirror of American table tennis or used to be. They sell stuff at the standard distributor pricing

stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2020 at 8:30pm

one thing special I find in megaspin is they are a one man show in Malta, setting up a website that, once launched, did not ask that much work to get it going. Making money by sitting at a computer a couple hours a day, being on the map and known all around the world is special to me, especially when I do not know another success alike.

Edited by stiltt - 12/07/2020 at 11:20pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic