FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Tenergy 19 review

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jpenmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tenergy 19 review
    Posted: 03/03/2021 at 10:35am
http://youtu.be/dUBxQ5dteVo

This one has English subtitles 

Edited by jpenmaster - 03/03/2021 at 10:36am
OSP Expert II w DNA Dragon Grip
Sponsored Links

stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/09/2021 at 10:51pm
I even did not try the dignics 05; the 09c neither ; so the t19...
That blade looks cool though: is it limba-alc-ayous-kiri-ayous-alc-limba?

blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/09/2021 at 11:31pm
interesting! I recently switched to T05 on the BH back from D09c and it was refreshing how much easier (physically) it was to do quality BH loops with it. But the T05 pushes are just horrendous, any kind of slight misjudgment and it's gonna pop up for an easy kill for the opponent. But I guess it more than makes up for this by having such easy to execute chiquitas. I wonder if T19 is going to be better in this regard (pushes)...
-------
Viscaria
FH: Hurricane 8-80
BH: D05

Back to normal shape bats :(
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/12/2021 at 8:23am
Originally posted by blahness blahness wrote:

interesting! I recently switched to T05 on the BH back from D09c and it was refreshing how much easier (physically) it was to do quality BH loops with it. But the T05 pushes are just horrendous, any kind of slight misjudgment and it's gonna pop up for an easy kill for the opponent. But I guess it more than makes up for this by having such easy to execute chiquitas. I wonder if T19 is going to be better in this regard (pushes)...
So much for simping for H3 unboosted eh? ;)
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
https://goo.gl/bFWoxW
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/12/2021 at 8:45am
Originally posted by SmackDAT SmackDAT wrote:

Originally posted by blahness blahness wrote:

So much for simping for H3 unboosted eh? ;)

Lol...oh well it was a phase I had to get through to develop the ability to hit hard. Now it's like almost easy mode with T05 haha
-------
Viscaria

RDinTN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RDinTN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/12/2021 at 3:36pm
TTD has a nice video review of T19 and Timo will be posting one on his podcast soon.

After @ 6 hours of use on my BH and on the ChoreiKing ZLC here is what I've found;

Very consistant and predictable at the table (push, drops, blocks and flicks), mid-distance looping is okay. Farther away from the table - it just isn't fast enough to "kill" a weak loop like T05. If given the choice to play T19 or T05 in a 10 person RR where I'm seeded in the middle, I'd likely go with T19. If I'm the bottom player, maybe T05 - as I might want to try to end points quicker.

Overall it is very balanced and better mannered than T05. Imho it seems like a blend of T05 (general feel) and T05FX (control). 
ZLC/ULC Custom, Nitt.H3 Pro /MX-S
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/12/2021 at 10:57pm
Originally posted by RDinTN RDinTN wrote:

TTD has a nice video review of T19 and Timo will be posting one on his podcast soon.

After @ 6 hours of use on my BH and on the ChoreiKing ZLC here is what I've found;

Very consistant and predictable at the table (push, drops, blocks and flicks), mid-distance looping is okay. Farther away from the table - it just isn't fast enough to "kill" a weak loop like T05. If given the choice to play T19 or T05 in a 10 person RR where I'm seeded in the middle, I'd likely go with T19. If I'm the bottom player, maybe T05 - as I might want to try to end points quicker.

Overall it is very balanced and better mannered than T05. Imho it seems like a blend of T05 (general feel) and T05FX (control). 

Do you think it's harder or softer than T05?
-------
Viscaria

Ray View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2021 at 9:39am
Here's Timo Boll's Tenergy 19 review:

Life is too short for defensive play.

https://twitter.com/spinnier_com
fb.me/spinnier
RDinTN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RDinTN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2021 at 12:52pm
"Do you think it's harder or softer than T05?"

It does have a softer "feel" but I would say that is mainly due to the topsheet being different than the T05. I also wonder if they don't tension the T19 as much as the T05. Less tension would also cause more dwell time and a softer feel.

I may be switching this rubber set (D09C / T19) to a JZK SZLC for an up coming event as the ChoreiKing ZLC has a little bigger head size than BTY blades. Originally I had this rubber on my BTY IF ZLC, so there is @2 MM of blade showing on both sides.

If there is a big change I will post the difference.
ZLC/ULC Custom, Nitt.H3 Pro /MX-S
notfound123 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notfound123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2021 at 1:05pm
Timo is a great salesman. "it's great for nearly everyone."  "step back, and you can finish points with a powerful shot"   LOL   

I am sure this rubber would be good for some folks but whether it passes the pros test and we see it used by the top 100, time will tell. I personally doubt it as everyone seems to be moving to hard or hard/sticky variants. 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2021 at 2:35pm
I’ll be testing T19 out this weekend on a Harimoto ALC .  I’ve been switching back and fourth between T05, D05 and D09C lately . T05 is so easy at generating speed and spin but it’s not the best in the short and serve return game. D09C is great in the short and service return game but requires a lot more effort to generate speed. D05 is probably the most balanced  I just wish it was as easy to play as T05 in the open rally . Hopefully T19 offers ease of power/spin production with added control.
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2021 at 2:42pm
Originally posted by jpenmaster jpenmaster wrote:

I’ll be testing T19 out this weekend on a Harimoto ALC .  I’ve been switching back and fourth between T05, D05 and D09C lately . T05 is so easy at generating speed and spin but it’s not the best in the short and serve return game. D09C is great in the short and service return game but requires a lot more effort to generate speed. D05 is probably the most balanced  I just wish it was as easy to play as T05 in the open rally . Hopefully T19 offers ease of power/spin production with added control.

I had the same impressions of the rubbers.... T05 is a beast in the open rally but it really sucks in pushing lol
-------
Viscaria

GeneralSpecific View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneralSpecific Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2021 at 3:52pm
Originally posted by notfound123 notfound123 wrote:

Timo is a great salesman. "it's great for nearly everyone."  "step back, and you can finish points with a powerful shot"   LOL   

I am sure this rubber would be good for some folks but whether it passes the pros test and we see it used by the top 100, time will tell. I personally doubt it as everyone seems to be moving to hard or hard/sticky variants. 

He chose his words very carefully. This rubber is not for him and is not for professional players of his caliber.
Blade - Xiom 36.5 ALX FL
Forehand - Xiom Omega V Asia 2.0mm
Backhand - Victas Curl P5V with Der Materialspezialist Firestorm Soft/Outkill 1.8mm sponge
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2021 at 4:07pm
Originally posted by GeneralSpecific GeneralSpecific wrote:

He chose his words very carefully. This rubber is not for him and is not for professional players of his caliber.

He said that Kreanga would have loved it, but it's not for him personally because he wants the extreme dwell and hardness of the D09c these days as per his words. I think it was an honest opinion from the man lol.
-------
Viscaria

AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2021 at 5:05pm
It's not so important in the grand scheme of things, but Butterfly have Jon Person, Gustavo Tsuboi and Eric Jouti on their list of pros who are using T19.  In case pro use makes any difference to anyone. 
This was a great signature until I realised it was overrated.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2021 at 5:09pm
notfound123 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notfound123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2021 at 10:26pm
Kirill Gerasimenko uses T19 on his FH too... He's a top 50. So we have a handful of people so far
timoboll89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timoboll89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2021 at 11:39pm
is the topsheet the one of tenergy or dignics?

Edited by timoboll89 - 03/16/2021 at 11:39pm
DonnOlsen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnOlsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/17/2021 at 9:10am
Originally posted by AndySmith AndySmith wrote:

It's not so important in the grand scheme of things, but Butterfly have Jon Person, Gustavo Tsuboi and Eric Jouti on their list of pros who are using T19.  In case pro use makes any difference to anyone. 

One interesting perspective on this is injected with the question: Where are they coming from?  That is, what rubber are they transitioning away from.  That may provide clues as to the T19 qualities.

(As one who likes to predict (and then perform the autopsy)), I would guess most are coming out of the Tenergy line of rubbers.  Few will be coming out of the Dignics line.

Let's see!

Thanks.
Tenergy: Two weeks of heaven, followed by three months of excellence, then, a nice rubber.
Chopper88 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/17/2021 at 1:46pm
Originally posted by jpenmaster jpenmaster wrote:

Someone please correct me , How can anyone say that rubber is not turned !!!
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/17/2021 at 3:31pm
Most all the pros rubbers are tuned. Either by themselves or the factory.
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/17/2021 at 4:12pm

How can you say that by judging one player's preference? Not everyone using 09c?
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
https://goo.gl/bFWoxW
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/17/2021 at 8:06pm
Originally posted by SmackDAT SmackDAT wrote:

How can you say that by judging one player's preference? Not everyone using 09c?

Considering the top 3 Butterfly sponsored players don’t use D09C it must not be good enough for them LOL 
kunglao View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kunglao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/18/2021 at 10:21am
I just tried t19 last night. Very subdued version of tenergy. Not as explosive but has a very nice dip when looping.   I think it will be a beast when boosted!
Zwill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zwill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/20/2021 at 3:47pm
I played with it a limited time and played against it a lot more. I specifically liked the ball holding capability when I played with it. It was not on my blade, but it still felt pretty nice.

On the other hand playing against it, it has no spin, this is Tenergy anti?! Like seriously it has no curve at all. If you're coming from 05 expecting for something extra you will be disappointed. I kinda expected it to make 64 obsolete, but I feel that it's not even good for that. And Butterfly saying it has higher spin than 05 is a marketing joke in poor taste.

I will give it very high credit for over the table play, it can keep the ball short, and blocks well.

I would recommend it for weak BH side (if you can only push or block), or if you have insane high power BH and can hit trough the ball and you don't rely on curve or spin. I know this is a deviation for recommendation, but I can't see it usable for anything else.

Also it slips the ball a ton of time (which was lucky for my opponent for close to the table blocking)
But normally slipping the ball easily is not a good quality.

Rozena is far superior for balanced play.
Joola Zhou Qihao S-ALC 90
Mizuno Q Quality max
Mizuno Q Quality max
Jackcerry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackcerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/21/2021 at 3:46am
how can you tell this tenergy has no spin while the topsheet is exactly the same of other tenergys?
Zwill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zwill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/21/2021 at 5:43am
Originally posted by Jackcerry Jackcerry wrote:

how can you tell this tenergy has no spin while the topsheet is exactly the same of other tenergys?
But they are not exactly the same. All of the versions have a different topsheet. That is the whole point of the different versions.

And it's really easy to tell how much topspin it can impart. You play with it and after like 5-6 topspins you have a really good idea what are the rubbers characteristics. T19 is really not spinny, nor curvy. A year old used T05FX has a lot more spin and T05FX is not a spin monster either.

Edited by Zwill - 08/21/2021 at 5:43am
Joola Zhou Qihao S-ALC 90
Mizuno Q Quality max
Mizuno Q Quality max
ashishsharmaait View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ashishsharmaait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/21/2021 at 7:43pm
Having used T19 for some time on the FH, I disagree with some of the reviewers that it is softer or has lesser spin. The top-end speed and spin might be a bit difficult to access compared to T05, but it is there.

The main advantages are:
1. Low effort for counter and counter topspins on FH.
2. Good short game
3. Great counter topspin game, especially close and mid-distance
4. Easy to reach 80% of top end speed and spin.
5. Safe play, more linear compared to T05

Main disadvantages:
1. 80% of top end speed is easy to reach but the remaining 20% requires more hand speed compared to T05
2. Arc is a little bit flatter as compared to T05, but higher than T80.

The topsheet is a bit stiffer than other versions. It does not play as good on outer carbon blades like TB ALC compared to Innerforce or softer blades.
I have tried it on TB ALC, Xiom Vega Pro and Carbonado 45. Works great of XVP and C45.

For those complaining about the lack of power on FH, please try in it on a soft inner or outer carbon blade.

Edited by ashishsharmaait - 08/21/2021 at 7:44pm
Purett View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Purett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/27/2021 at 5:37am
Originally posted by ashishsharmaait ashishsharmaait wrote:

Having used T19 for some time on the FH, I disagree with some of the reviewers that it is softer or has lesser spin. The top-end speed and spin might be a bit difficult to access compared to T05, but it is there.

The main advantages are:
1. Low effort for counter and counter topspins on FH.
2. Good short game
3. Great counter topspin game, especially close and mid-distance
4. Easy to reach 80% of top end speed and spin.
5. Safe play, more linear compared to T05

Main disadvantages:
1. 80% of top end speed is easy to reach but the remaining 20% requires more hand speed compared to T05
2. Arc is a little bit flatter as compared to T05, but higher than T80.

The topsheet is a bit stiffer than other versions. It does not play as good on outer carbon blades like TB ALC compared to Innerforce or softer blades.
I have tried it on TB ALC, Xiom Vega Pro and Carbonado 45. Works great of XVP and C45.

For those complaining about the lack of power on FH, please try in it on a soft inner or outer carbon blade.

+1
best back hand rubber out there
rating solid 1000
moving up to 1001
andzejgolot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andzejgolot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/29/2021 at 9:20am
WTF
The main difference between rubbers of the TENERGY series is the complex pimple structure with variations in length, width and distance. 
For Me they put 100% rubber material in 19 when 05 is adv as 90% and of course  mixed
because the pimple structure allows to get the best quality material, so you can feel 'lil bit' softer topsheet and better better grip, but less than 100% easy topspin power 
You have 80% power because the pimple structure allows to easier bend  over ball sphere and 
it is harder to generate 100% looping power with the same arc trajectory like 05 , I feel sometimes, it needs harder not faster blade just to help in return of power.

Edited by andzejgolot - 08/29/2021 at 9:35am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic