Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Allround+/off- blade

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
skevros View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skevros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Allround+/off- blade
    Posted: 09/06/2021 at 7:50am
Dear Friends,

i'm looking for a blade (5 ply wood+2 carbon or fibre) speed and control all+ or off-, style near to table.

suggestions ?

Thanks Smile
Sponsored Links

pitigoi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pitigoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/06/2021 at 12:17pm
I've being doing fine with Stiga Allround Classic Carbon at my low-level intermediate. Stiga Offensive Classic Carbon is another option.
Maybe Yasaka Ma Lin Soft Carbon?
Right hand: Stiga Allround NCT (74g) /Rasant Grip max/Talon OX red (total 135g)
Left hand, 2020-1: Stiga Allround WRB (67g)/Fastarc G-1 1.8mm/V11 > Extra max 158g
Fitness Friendship Fun
LOG1C1AN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOG1C1AN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/06/2021 at 12:35pm
Yasaka Ma Lin Soft Carbon

Tibhar Fortino Performance (it is 9 ply but it a very control oriented blade)

Both are reasonably priced.
king_pong View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote king_pong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/06/2021 at 2:17pm
+1 All the above comments
Plus, the Donic Waldner Senso Carbon is probably exactly the blade you’re looking for. 
Get the normal shaped one. (I find the ‘JO shape’ a little stiffer with a smaller sweet-spot)

Edited by king_pong - 09/06/2021 at 2:20pm
Stiga Infinity VPS (Master): fh/bh - Nittaku Hammond CR max
p1ngp0ng3r View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p1ngp0ng3r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/06/2021 at 5:25pm
Price - performance... Ma Lin Soft Carbon without doubt. 
Infinity VPS - Hybrid MK - T25 FX
doraemon View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doraemon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/06/2021 at 10:52pm
I second Donic Waldner Senso Carbon ( if you are OK with "senso" technology, cavity inside the handle, thus makes the blade a bit head heavy)

and

Yasaka Ma Lin Soft Carbon ( if you prefer ordinary handle )
Blade : Just wood
FH : black rubber
BH : red rubber
jonyer1980 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/07/2021 at 12:59am
Violin Inner carbon. Butterfly Innnerforce ALC.S layer (the thinnest out of the series)
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Avoid any Butterfly stuff... at abusive prices. Raw power without control means nothing
doraemon View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doraemon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/07/2021 at 2:13am
Agree with Jonyer1980.

I never try Violin Inner Carbon, but for BTY Innerforce Layer ALC.S is a very controllable blade and feel like ordinary all-wood blade.
HuLimei View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuLimei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/07/2021 at 2:44am
Boer Lion - $6 and strong chemical smell but plays like a dream
Butefly Wiscaria Cold Edition (w/Black Tag)
FH: Tee-Oh-Five Hardest
BH: Tee-Oh-Five Hardur
king_pong View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote king_pong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/08/2021 at 9:06pm
Originally posted by doraemon doraemon wrote:

I second Donic Waldner Senso Carbon ( if you are OK with "senso" technology, cavity inside the handle, thus makes the blade a bit head heavy)

and

I always felt the Ma Lin Carbon was the Yasaka's regular handle version of Donic's Waldner Senso Carbon (same wood-plies; same thickness).  The ML Soft Carbon's outer-ply is Anigre (like Yasaka Extra), whereas ML Carbon & Senso Carbon have Limba, and if it's just a "carboned" Extra, then it's 2-3mm. thicker as well (5.6mm vs. 5.4mm).  Still, both are great with good control + speed.
doraemon View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doraemon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/08/2021 at 10:23pm
Originally posted by king_pong king_pong wrote:

and

I always felt the Ma Lin Carbon was the Yasaka's regular handle version of Donic's Waldner Senso Carbon (same wood-plies; same thickness).  The ML Soft Carbon's outer-ply is Anigre (like Yasaka Extra), whereas ML Carbon & Senso Carbon have Limba, and if it's just a "carboned" Extra, then it's 2-3mm. thicker as well (5.6mm vs. 5.4mm).  Still, both are great with good control + speed.

Yes, I agree with you.  I was replying to the suggestion of WSC and MLSC (Soft Carbon).  But as I read my reply again, it seems like I was saying MLSC is WSC without the cavity in the handle.

But the truth is, Ma Lin Carbon (limba outerply) is actually very similar to (if not a copy of) Waldner Senso Carbon, just different handle.   Ma Lin Soft Carbon has anigre as outerply, similar to Yasaka Sweden Extra with extra soft carbon inside.

Aside from this, I think that WSC, MLC and MLSC are good blades.  

Actually, if you are a favorite of Yasaka blades, you can start (as beginner) by using Yasaka Sweden Extra (previously named Yasaka Gatien Extra, then Yasaka Extra), then progress to Yasaka MLSC or MLC as an intermediate and end up with Yasaka Extra Offensive as advanced player.

skevros View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skevros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/09/2021 at 2:42pm
Malin Soft Carbon and Waldner Senso Carbon they are product in the same factory :

Wood House, Tranås, Sweden....
king_pong View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote king_pong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2021 at 1:06am

Originally posted by king_pong king_pong wrote:

and

Yes, I agree with you.  I was replying to the suggestion of WSC and MLSC (Soft Carbon).  But as I read my reply again, it seems like I was saying MLSC is WSC without the cavity in the handle.

But the truth is, Ma Lin Carbon (limba outerply) is actually very similar to (if not a copy of) Waldner Senso Carbon, just different handle.   Ma Lin Soft Carbon has anigre as outerply, similar to Yasaka Sweden Extra with extra soft carbon inside.

Aside from this, I think that WSC, MLC and MLSC are good blades.  

Actually, if you are a favorite of Yasaka blades, you can start (as beginner) by using Yasaka Sweden Extra (previously named Yasaka Gatien Extra, then Yasaka Extra), then progress to Yasaka MLSC or MLC as an intermediate and end up with Yasaka Extra Offensive as advanced player.

Oh gotcha. Yeah that’s what I thought you had meant. I agree on those two blades — lots of control. The Ma Lin Carbon felt as it had the same control as the Waldner Senso Carbon (just a different handle feel). 

Actually, I think the Anigre blades have a different feel to me than the Limba ploed blades (i.e. a “crispier feel”).  
One could go—
Yasaka Sweden Classic > Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon
Donic Appelgren Allplay > Donic Senso Carbon 
or
Yasaka Sweden Extra > Yasaka ML Soft Carbon > Yasaka Jean-Phillipe Gatien Extra 3D Soft Carbon (longest name in the game Ever! LOL) if you can get a hold of one of those. 
Always wondered why they discontinued their “carbon 3Ds”. (Did they kick too hard, I wonder? i.e. too ‘catapulty’). The only one still produced is the Max Carbon in 3D - Beasty!😈

Sorry, don’t mean to derail ...
king_pong View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote king_pong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2021 at 5:34am

Originally posted by Flexbex Flexbex wrote:

Both are reasonably priced?

Very. I’ve gotten mine over at — http://www.tabletennis11.com
Veet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2021 at 5:54am
Hi,

Check-out Palio R57 ... It too has a soft-carbon layer.. But, best of all, it's light-weight (75gm ±5gms), which is a plus, when playing close to the table .. Oh, and it's super-cheap.. under $20
vanjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vanjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2021 at 9:35am
Interesting the love for Yasaka's Ma Lin soft carbon. I think it is pretty slow, but works well with chinese rubbers where I think its flex helps some, but I hate it with ESN rubbers. Probably just me. Plays good with my OX LPs tho. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic