FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

TT return diary

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
Author
bozbrisvegas View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/07/2022 at 11:31pm
His name is Anthony... I just checked ratings central.  I lost another 44 points.  Anyhooooooooo.... not fussed on numbers.  

---

Started a chat messenger group for players finally last week.  So much easier now to just write there that you want to play and see who else is available.  Good turn up this morning even though I have the FH injury.

I played with all bats again today even though I said the r37 is banned...

---

Played well with off classic h2 mxp - but I think I find it a bit too fast.  

Might be the spruce...

Beat Shaun 2:1 and Eric 2:0 with it.  

I'm pretty sure the blade is what I dislike but I'm starting to think it's the H2 that might not be helping me much...

---

I then started playing with the grubba carbon H2 MXS  
still weird.
Beat William (short pip) with it 2:0 and also played him later on with the grubba wood all same score.
I think he barely returned 30% of my serves.

---

I then Played Simon M... my nemesis, they were close but he got me 3:1...  
I like the MXS but nothing about the set up is cool except for practise driving feels special.  Not my style though.

---

I am thinking its not just the grubba wood that is my favorite but also the Hurricane 8.  I felt a number of times that it is just possible to hit clean into the wood with it and it is satisfying.  It has a feeling of a tiny catapult too.  I think after I trial H3 41 and 38 that Im waiting on, Hurricane 8 might be the final rubber to stay with.  It is fractionally dearer but still not near ESN.

It was inevitable that I'd play with r37 again... and it again shines in the active BHs.  again I felt it is better than the others for consistantly bh looping....  And it also brings down the blade weight with a nice balance toward a heavier FH.

I did practise a bit of twiddling with it for high balls lobbed to me, and also service return.

---

Who knows, I may have played more consistantly with it in fixtures because most of the game was decided at the table?  Maybe next time.

---

OH yeah, something made me give up on the loose FH grip from the start of practise.  I tried going back to my mega choke grip...

Goodness me, I actually felt I could control a hell of a lot more shots again! WTF  

Anyhow I didn't practise that much FH to FH countering today because of my new front of shoulder 'injury/soreness'  just more of a milder Euro style...  

All up good day of play.  Win some lose some.  Enjoy the play.

Edited by bozbrisvegas - 09/07/2022 at 11:35pm
Grubba Variant ALL
fh: Hurricane 38 degrees MAX
bh: tensor MAX
Watch me playing TT
Sponsored Links

bozbrisvegas View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2022 at 4:10am
Played top of the table today.  I enjoyed playing lots of players regardless of level.  Obviously a few 11:1 scores was not fun probably for them but if I were able to play much higher level I'd be greatful for the experience.  

I lost one earlier on that was close pretty much on unforced errors. The final highest one was a guy I played long ago, who was rusty on his first day so I could beat him, but I could tell he had the whole game... Man he is has been doing some training and all those shots are now fast and loaded with his new bat.

I played about 2.5 hrs with grubba all r37 but again got so frustrated with it against Radi and just swapped to the mxp blade and then suddenly started winning again with big margins.  Ended up with 5050 game scores roughly.  

It was frustrating me a bit with the lower level players but not so much as when you feel you start losing because you can't get some basic lengths right on counter driving...

r37 is banned BANNED.  (I also think it has shrunk almost a cm) 

---

Sadly all my rubbers were not really glued down well and even the mxp was falling off.

Hanging for this glue to turn up.  

---

FH

The idea for the day was not to change blade so I could just hone in on how it played.  It was good to keep doing FHs with everyone for a bit.  The choke solid grip helped sometimes especially over the table but not so much away from the table where I want the full swing with more racket speed.  

I thought my fh would be worse changing over but it played possibly better, possibly because I was coming back to a fully tacky rubber.  2.5hrs of play with just wiping the dust off with sweat isnt great.

---

Another thing I was getting a little frustrated was being blocked quite easily by Radi  when I was opening up with FH.  Not a problem in countering away from the table or driving or smashing from anywhere.  I think I should probably rethink my strategy if I open up to do it in a way where I expect to try to kill the following shot or just don't do it, but may be wait or try to set up to get it pushed to the bh which is much more deadly and variable.   Not sure there.

Still I felt my fh getting better especially in controlling the rally from a distance.  

---

No play tomorrow... I need a break anyway.  My arm is still pretty the same... sore.

---

I am continuing my diary over at OOAK: 

Edited by bozbrisvegas - 09/11/2022 at 5:25pm
Grubba Variant ALL
fh: Hurricane 38 degrees MAX
bh: tensor MAX
Watch me playing TT
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
  Share Topic