Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mizuno wave medal 5 vs 6

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Alexandros View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alexandros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mizuno wave medal 5 vs 6
    Posted: 12/05/2021 at 5:55am
Hello guys,

So I lately have been having a pain in my toes, and generally on my feet, and calluses have shown up. Apart from the fact that I am doing a heavy training 3.5-4 hours of training every day, I am not wearing sports socks, and I think I have the butterfly lezoline shoes. I should have done that earlier, but I am looking to buy socks (maybe butterfly), and shoes. I have heard the best for mizuno shoes, and I am not satisfied with the butterfly ones, so i think that I am gonna stick with mizuno. Some of my teammates own the mizuno wave medal 5 and are really happy with them (comfy and easy to breath through). So I am wondering if I should buy those, or the wave medal 6, because they are easier to find. What do you think?

I appreciate any answer!
Sponsored Links

flash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/05/2021 at 11:06am
The best choice IMHO if you want to go for Mizuno shoes - Wave Drive 8. That it is what I am using right now and they are pretty comfortable.
Also, be aware that you should choose minus 1 number for size. For example I am currently using 43 at my sport shoes but for Mizuno Wave Drive 8 - I am using 42 and it is perfect.
Viscaria, FL

T05 hard, 2,1 mm, black, fh
T05 hard, 2,1 mm, red, bh.
Basquests View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Basquests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2021 at 3:03am
Stop playing so much [hours wise], buy some yonex badminton shoes.  yonex 65Z2 have a lot more support yet are still quick.

Don't waste money on Butterfly socks, they are thin, expensive and useless. Thorlos are the industry standard, or non-TT sports socks at the very least. Something like thirty-48.

I spent 8 months out of the game, all the doctors and podiatrists recommended Thorlos socks, and more supportive shoes - there are no TT shoes with any level of adequate protection. Wave Medal 5/6's are the best of a bad bunch (tt shoes in general) [i have used WM5 for years, and have WM6 as well]. WD8 are just a lighter weight version with even less protection, as are your lezoline's.

With damage damage from playing too long, you seem like you're going down the same path - you're already injured to some extent [as you are in pain], its just what structure is injured and when it reaches it's reckoning, how slowly does it heal. A word of warning, many structures in the foot heal slowly, low blood circulation, or in the case of ligaments, ligaments take a long time anywhere.

I hate to sound like a harbinger of doom, but in my experience people [esp. men] are very blase towards injuries/risk, and only address issues when they occur. I wish I'd had the warning signs - I had an ultrasound and checkup within days of the initial pain, but nothing came up. 4 months of regular checkups later, the ligament was damaged and misdiagnosed via follow up ultrasound, only an MRI [very inaccessible in terms of $, or having to jump thru hoops publicly] finally made everything clear, and by that point you're going to be out for months.

Edited by Basquests - 12/07/2021 at 3:08am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic