Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

topic for delete

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
andzejgolot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andzejgolot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: topic for delete
    Posted: 01/21/2022 at 6:44pm
edit

Edited by andzejgolot - 02/04/2022 at 8:08am
Sponsored Links

WingTT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WingTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/21/2022 at 10:22pm
So you're thinking about remanufacturing the blade by replacing the top ply without affecting the handle on a near $1000 blade? Perhaps it's better to try and sell what you have and get the w986 blade with a limba top that you will really love.
GrayGhost View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GrayGhost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/22/2022 at 12:20am
send it to Sergio at SDC blades, he has done this same change before.
Chairman Meow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Chairman Meow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/22/2022 at 1:25am
I don't know what type of glue DHS uses to attach the handle to the blade, but I know someone who has had success just heating up the blade in the microwave or oven for a bit to soften the glue and then just pull the handle off by hand. You have to be careful not to "overcook" the blade, though. Also it might not be safe to do that with a blade that isn't all wood. A quick google search on removing a handle from a table tennis blade yields a good amount of results (including microwave), so I'd suggest looking through those and maybe testing them out on an extra, less expensive/hard to get blade you may have sitting around. If it works well, you can just glue the handle back on. If not, at least you didn't mess up the expensive one.

How does your friend remove the top ply of the racket? If he can do it in a non destructive way (aka not sandpaper or a planer), it's highly likely that he can use the same approach for the handle. If he uses sandpaper, one option would be to just sand off the top ply where it covers the main face of the blade and replace it there (like a rubber), while leaving the handle on top of a small piece of the old top ply. I'm sure it will change the playing characteristics a little - it might add a little more flexibility - but it's something anyone can do easily given they have patience. However, this may not be a great idea if the original top ply is on the thicker end since it could weaken the blade.

Edited by Chairman Meow - 01/22/2022 at 1:31am
-1 ply Cypress 11.5mm "The Castigator"
-H3 Prov. Blue Sponge 2.2mm 41 deg.
-H3 Prov. Orange Sponge 2.1mm 37 deg

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andzejgolot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/22/2022 at 7:48am
Originally posted by Chairman Meow Chairman Meow wrote:

I don't know what type of glue DHS uses to attach the handle to the blade, but I know someone who has had success just heating up the blade in the microwave or oven for a bit to soften the glue and then just pull the handle off by hand. You have to be careful not to "overcook" the blade, though. Also it might not be safe to do that with a blade that isn't all wood. A quick google search on removing a handle from a table tennis blade yields a good amount of results (including microwave), so I'd suggest looking through those and maybe testing them out on an extra, less expensive/hard to get blade you may have sitting around. If it works well, you can just glue the handle back on. If not, at least you didn't mess up the expensive one.

How does your friend remove the top ply of the racket? If he can do it in a non destructive way (aka not sandpaper or a planer), it's highly likely that he can use the same approach for the handle. If he uses sandpaper, one option would be to just sand off the top ply where it covers the main face of the blade and replace it there (like a rubber), while leaving the handle on top of a small piece of the old top ply. I'm sure it will change the playing characteristics a little - it might add a little more flexibility - but it's something anyone can do easily given they have patience. However, this may not be a great idea if the original top ply is on the thicker end since it could weaken the blade.

hey thanks for constructive response. 

what he use to remove the top ply, he said :
GRUBOŚCIÓWKA STRUGARKA HEBLARKA aka THICKNESSER PLANTER HEADER  (from google translate)
http://a.allegroimg.com/original/11b8c4/e30432b64f08bd5632151a2550cd/DEWALT-GRUBOSCIOWKA-STRUGARKA-HEBLARKA-DW733
something like this

but he has chance 
to collect 1/10 mm of thickness, so he used to collect ayous from 0,1mm untill he find balsa (very weird composition in Texo ALL), Ayous in texo is very  thick.

I believe that he makes good re-change, I have no point to not believe in him, I just ask here to have constructive info just to understand, it is not cheap blade, but this is not the point to show price of something which is not working in my hands

Edited by andzejgolot - 01/22/2022 at 7:51am
jpenmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/22/2022 at 8:16am
http://www.samsondubina.com/videos/removing-handle

I have heard of people steaming or putting them in boiling water for a while to get the handle off. It appears heat is the key 
OSP Expert II w DNA Dragon Grip

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andzejgolot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/22/2022 at 8:32am
Originally posted by jpenmaster jpenmaster wrote:

http://www.samsondubina.com/videos/removing-handle

I have heard of people steaming or putting them in boiling water for a while to get the handle off. It appears heat is the key 

looks good
ddoocc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ddoocc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/25/2022 at 1:22am
Sell this one and buy a new one. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andzejgolot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/29/2022 at 7:03am
edit

Edited by andzejgolot - 02/04/2022 at 8:05am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andzejgolot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/29/2022 at 7:05am
edit

Edited by andzejgolot - 02/04/2022 at 8:06am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andzejgolot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/31/2022 at 3:47pm
edit

Edited by andzejgolot - 02/04/2022 at 8:04am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andzejgolot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/04/2022 at 8:06am
please for close the topic
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic