Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 4K ULTRA HD Westchester TT January Open Highlights
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

4K ULTRA HD Westchester TT January Open Highlights

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
hassancooking View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hassancooking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 4K ULTRA HD Westchester TT January Open Highlights
    Posted: 02/09/2022 at 10:56am

Hope you all enjoy the footage and highlights! 
Sponsored Links

heavyspin View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavyspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2022 at 2:32pm
The highlights video came out great - you selected some spectacular points. Thank you for including me! I looked pretty good against "Kid Chop."

An EJ to a table tennis player is an equipment junkie. An ej to a mathematician is a standard basis vector.
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2022 at 8:02pm
Starting at 2min30s, Kokou Dodji Fanny's backhand is extraordinary, totally effortless like he was born with it. As a Togolese man he talks French fluently so I'll  get a lesson from him when I stops NYC. 

It was not too hard to look him up, I only had "Togo" from the back of his t-shirt but "Togo player table tennis New York" did the rest :)

DonnOlsen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnOlsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2022 at 8:54pm

Super,Super, Extra Super Video!

Thanks so much!
Tenergy: Two weeks of heaven, followed by three months of excellence, then, a nice rubber.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hassancooking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2022 at 11:16pm
Originally posted by heavyspin heavyspin wrote:

The highlights video came out great - you selected some spectacular points. Thank you for including me! I looked pretty good against "Kid Chop."

Ayyy thank you for your kind words! That kid is awesome by the way. Hope he continues playing :D 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hassancooking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2022 at 11:18pm
Originally posted by stiltt stiltt wrote:

Starting at 2min30s, Kokou Dodji Fanny's backhand is extraordinary, totally effortless like he was born with it. As a Togolese man he talks French fluently so I'll  get a lesson from him when I stops NYC. 

It was not too hard to look him up, I only had "Togo" from the back of his t-shirt but "Togo player table tennis New York" did the rest :)

Kokou is impeccable to watch and a great joy to be around. His smile is extremely infectious and his attitude about life makes you happy to just be in the vicinity. 10/10 would recommend! Glad you enjoyed watching him as much as I did :) 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hassancooking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2022 at 11:18pm
Originally posted by DonnOlsen DonnOlsen wrote:

Super,Super, Extra Super Video!

Thanks so much!

Appreciate the love <3 Thank you : 
mjamja View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjamja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2022 at 11:38pm
Did I see Richard DeWitt sitting in the background?  How did he play?

Mark

Edited by mjamja - 02/09/2022 at 11:39pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hassancooking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2022 at 12:06am
Originally posted by mjamja mjamja wrote:

Mark

All things considered he played pretty decent! He lost to Sho Miyazaki in the Semi of the U2200
kindof99 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2022 at 12:21am

That backhand was really killing. 
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2022 at 6:57am
Thank you very much! Some of matches worth to watch in full

Edited by piligrim - 02/10/2022 at 7:57am
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2022 at 7:00am
you meant worth LOL
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2022 at 7:57am

you meant worth LOL

Thank you! Fixed :)
DonnOlsen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnOlsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2022 at 8:58am
Originally posted by mjamja mjamja wrote:

Mark

Forget the sitting; Start watching at 7:55, next to the feature match he is playing a few points against Cory Johnson the chopper who is always difficult for Rich.
Tenergy: Two weeks of heaven, followed by three months of excellence, then, a nice rubber.
DonnOlsen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnOlsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2022 at 9:09am
I looked pretty good against "Kid Chop."

Although I'm known by many as never being negative, I must say that smiling in the middle of a point is not appropriate or helpful.  Harimoto doesn't smile during points; we all need role models in all aspects of this very difficult sport.

Seriously, do you think Mjamja would be grinning during the point in this situation against the talented kid?

Plus, as it's Olympic time, you never see the curlers grinning when the rock is moving.  They are Olympians!

Thanks.   

Edited by DonnOlsen - 02/10/2022 at 9:22am
mickd View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mickd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2022 at 9:38am
This is amazing! Thank you for the video. Also loved seeing heavyspin in there. Looking great against that kid with amazing chops.
heavyspin View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavyspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2022 at 9:48am

Seriously, do you think Mjamja would be grinning during the point in this situation against the talented kid?

The only reason we don't see Mjamja grinning is because his beard is in the way.

An EJ to a table tennis player is an equipment junkie. An ej to a mathematician is a standard basis vector.
heavyspin View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavyspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2022 at 10:06am

Plus, as it's Olympic time, you never see the curlers grinning when the rock is moving.  They are Olympians!

I think you made a sweeping generalization. Wink

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hassancooking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2022 at 3:21pm

Although I'm known by many as never being negative, I must say that smiling in the middle of a point is not appropriate or helpful.  Harimoto doesn't smile during points; we all need role models in all aspects of this very difficult sport.

Thanks.   

Idk fam. I'm all for paying attention and focusing but we all play tournaments for different goals. That being said -- any time someone is advocating NOT SMILING, it's kinda hard to not look at that person as if they're not a cartoon villain type. I get what you're going for, but that ain't it chief. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hassancooking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2022 at 3:22pm
Originally posted by mickd mickd wrote:

This is amazing! Thank you for the video. Also loved seeing heavyspin in there. Looking great against that kid with amazing chops.

Thank you so much for your kind words :) Look forward to more and subscribe for latest notifications on these videos coming up :) 

Edited by hassancooking - 02/11/2022 at 3:23pm
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2022 at 4:37pm
Originally posted by hassancooking hassancooking wrote:

Kokou is impeccable to watch and a great joy to be around. His smile is extremely infectious and his attitude about life makes you happy to just be in the vicinity. 10/10 would recommend! Glad you enjoyed watching him as much as I did :) 

Is Kokou now a chopper?
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
DonnOlsen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnOlsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2022 at 5:06pm
I think you made a sweeping generalization.

As always, very witty!  You (and the curlers) rock!
big d View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/13/2022 at 11:49pm
one of the Best videos I’ve ever seen. Great job with the highlights. I’m hoping you can do this professionally. Do you have a manager I can get in touch with?
petr korbel
fh t05
bh nexy karis m

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hassancooking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/15/2022 at 8:34pm
Hey y'all! Trying to figure out what the table tennis fans want. Do ya'll enjoy more extended long form versions of the footage? Or do you prefer condensed with music and more edited like this: 

Let me know, 
Thanks! 
Al.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/16/2022 at 9:22am
Originally posted by hassancooking hassancooking wrote:

Hey y'all! Trying to figure out what the table tennis fans want. Do ya'll enjoy more extended long form versions of the footage? Or do you prefer condensed with music and more edited like this: 

Let me know, 
Thanks! 
Al.

The one thing I will give you (music or no music) is that you kept the sound of the ball.  There is no point for me in watching a TT video with music if I don't hear the sound of the ball - the sound of the ball is the most beautiful sound in table tennis - no matter how good any music is, it does not deserve to crowd out the sound of the ball.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/16/2022 at 3:58pm
Don’t need music
DonnOlsen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnOlsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2022 at 8:25am

Speaking of curling: Did you see the women curler who had to retire from the competition and be replaced due to a calf injury?  Who knew the risks?
heavyspin View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavyspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2022 at 8:58am

Speaking of curling: Did you see the women curler who had to retire from the competition and be replaced due to a calf injury?  Who knew the risks?

I didn't know that. Did you hear about the curler who tested positive for drugs? He was a stoner.

amateur View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amateur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2022 at 10:02am
better without music
Eric Fountain View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric Fountain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2022 at 4:41pm
First video is great! Good window into what that club looks like, the level of the players and some great points. Makes me want to travel and get out into tournaments somewhere. You guys in that area are so lucky to have access to something like that every month. As far as music goes that will be pretty subjective based on what you chose but to me the first song is okayish but then it sort of devolves into not even music but more like a movie trailer and the vibe is way off. Something more chill works better imo and as someone said above if you are going to use music, relatively low in volume is good so the ball and TT sounds still carry through. 

Edited by Eric Fountain - 02/18/2022 at 1:45am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic