FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

ma lin carbon characteristics and rubbers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mohsen1_K View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mohsen1_K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ma lin carbon characteristics and rubbers
    Posted: 05/06/2022 at 8:26am
hello
i recently changed from fun play to serious coached play so i wanted to buy new rubber and blade .(im developing fast and now i have good techniq for most strokes but not so consistent yet)
so i choosed waldner senso carbon (WSC) with fastarc C-1 fh and rakza7 soft bh.
i choosed WSC cuz it has good flex and feel and is good for loop also it's soft with good dwell and innercarbon meaning bigger sweetspot and good power for harder hits.also everyone happy with it.

but when i wanted to buy WSC it was unavailable accross my country and the donic importer said it's uncontinued! (is it?!)

im looking for allround offensive blade with good dwell/flex/feeling and sweetspot so i decided that.
so i searched among cheap alternatives and i found yasaka ma lin carbon (MLC) but some say it is faster and stiffer with less feel but is there that big deference ?i didn't find official info on mlc structure is it like wsc?
i have mlc ready to buy for now but my concern is that it goes too stiff/fast and uncontrollable with those rubbers ( specially c1) as i like to vary in spin and speed instead of consistent  fast attacks or flat hits.
i want a good and professional setup and i plan to stick to it as that's what i can efford for now so should i change to slower rubbers (like s1,but sacrifice spin) or is that ok? or even entirely change to another blade than mlc?(i also have yasaka MEO available).

please help me i have no idea on that setup other than forum discussions, as everyone i know here uses trash setups!

Edited by mohsen1_K - 05/06/2022 at 9:25am
Sponsored Links

TT newbie View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TT newbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/06/2022 at 9:27am
I had both and found WSC harder than MLC.
MLC is not hard and stiff at all, actually I found it soft. I think Rakza 7 Soft is ok, maybe I would change FH rubber for a Fastarc G-1 (more spin and more gears).
So, when you said "good dwell/flex/feeling and sweetspot" MLC is an excellent choice imo. Waldner is good too, but I liked more MLC.
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/06/2022 at 10:54am
You still can buy WCS. Its available in all stores

https://www.megaspin.net/store/default.asp?pid=d-wald-sc-v1
mohsen1_K View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mohsen1_K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/06/2022 at 11:48am
Originally posted by TT newbie TT newbie wrote:

I had both and found WSC harder than MLC.
MLC is not hard and stiff at all, actually I found it soft. I think Rakza 7 Soft is ok, maybe I would change FH rubber for a Fastarc G-1 (more spin and more gears).
So, when you said "good dwell/flex/feeling and sweetspot" MLC is an excellent choice imo. Waldner is good too, but I liked more MLC.
thanks, that was promising.so i plan to buy it asap.
my info on comparison was based on very old threads so it might be wrong for now.

about rubber i first decided g1 but i thought it might become too hard so i changed to C-1 the same with softer sponge to have it more balanced as it's my first serious setup and i did't wanna go wrong.(my current blade is my father's old allwood donic blade (on handle is "donic schildkrot all" but i have no idea what is that) with 1y old aurus rubbers so i can't decide based on that)

btw i can still change it for G-1 but according to same topsheet is there big deference/advantage in spin and gears over C-1?

or maybe i can use C-1 to develop my game till it really needs replace ( and then hopefully im a pro:) ) and then go for G-1?
///developing allround offensive player geting coached with euro style.///
mohsen1_K View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mohsen1_K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/06/2022 at 11:54am
Originally posted by piligrim piligrim wrote:

You still can buy WCS. Its available in all stores

https://www.megaspin.net/store/default.asp?pid=d-wald-sc-v1

yes but unfortunately i don't have access to international stores, i should buy locally. 
and local donic representor said wsc is uncontinued! so maybe he lied to fool me buy sth else:)
///developing allround offensive player geting coached with euro style.///
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/06/2022 at 11:58am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic