Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Xiom equivalent or similar to Timo Boll ALC

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ander999 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ander999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Xiom equivalent or similar to Timo Boll ALC
    Posted: 05/23/2022 at 9:00pm
Hey! As the title suggests, I am looking for a potential Xiom blade that is close to the Timo Boll ALC. Anyone have any ideas? And yes, I know that I can buy and try the blades out myself, but I'd be throwing out a lot of money trying.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links

TT newbie View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TT newbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2022 at 10:07pm
From Xiom I´ve found nothing like Timo ALC. Stradivarius is supposed to be the "ALC blade" of Xiom, but it´s much harder.
The closest I have tested was Yinhe Pro 01.

Veet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Veet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2022 at 12:27am
Originally posted by TT newbie TT newbie wrote:

From Xiom I´ve found nothing like Timo ALC. Stradivarius is supposed to be the "ALC blade" of Xiom, but it´s much harder.

I've always been under the impression that Stradivarius is Aramid Carbon, and not ALC ... Please confirm.. 
IanMcg View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote IanMcg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2022 at 12:35am
Feel AX probably the closest although TBALC feels crisper and more direct
Gordy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2022 at 12:37am
The 36.5 ALX is the Xiom version of the ALC. It is available both in the "regular" version and an "innerforce" version, the ALXi.

I don't have the ALXi up online yet, but I do have it in stock. You can email me at [email protected] if you are interested. Thanks!

JOOLA Nobilis / SP (FH)/ Rhyzm Tech (BH)
TT newbie View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TT newbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2022 at 1:53am
Originally posted by Veet Veet wrote:

I've always been under the impression that Stradivarius is Aramid Carbon, and not ALC ... Please confirm.. 

When it comes to material you are right. But I meant "ALC Blade" as the most popular synthetic fiber blade of the brand.
achoomai View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote achoomai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2022 at 5:54am
Close in term of structure or feeling ?
My feedback : http://www.mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=58844&PN=1#726094
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2022 at 6:08am
The ALX 36.5 is slower and a bit softer than TB ALC. 
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2022 at 6:10am
Originally posted by Veet Veet wrote:

i think aramid and alc are the same and only that alc is licensed for butterfly in japan. 
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2022 at 7:29am
Aramid fibers(Kevlar, Nomex, Technora, Twaron) and Arylate fibers(Vectran, Zxion) are different.
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
ZApenholder View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2022 at 7:35am
Aramid Carbon and Arylate Carbon is not the same.
They are different fibres mixed with carbon.

However, Xiom Stradivarius does feel pretty close to Viscaria (can call that the benchmark of carbon blades for many years).
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2022 at 8:14am
The closest one is the 36.5 ALX, provided Axeylium is truly Arylate as stated.
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
achoomai View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote achoomai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2022 at 10:33pm
Even within Butterfly brand, they are using ALC + Koto for several blades. So, the key maybe equivalent feel because combination of wood specification + ALC give different in blade characteristic.
For example, Gewo Force Arc is using Aramid Carbon with Koto Outer ply , feedback is also close to Timo Boll ALC as well.
My feedback : http://www.mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=58844&PN=1#726094
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/25/2022 at 2:39am
Originally posted by zeio zeio wrote:

Aramid fibers(Kevlar, Nomex, Technora, Twaron) and Arylate fibers(Vectran, Zxion) are different.

I stand corrected.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic