Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

C-touch next gen tensor rubbers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Pie0792 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pie0792 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: C-touch next gen tensor rubbers
    Posted: 06/11/2022 at 4:48pm
Hi! I need some advice, recently I just discovered that the DONIC Bluegrip c2 uses a new technology called “c-touch” developed in Germany by ESN tensor, I’ve already known the concept of an “euro hybrid” rubber but today I looked after the stiga dna dragon grip and it uses “c-touch” tensor technology, being the latest launched in mid 2021 and the c2 in q4-2020 . Does anyone know which other hybrids uses this latest generation “c-touch” tensor technology? It has an special “logo” and couldn’t find any information about that… btw does anyone know if the xiom omega VII china guang uses this technology? 

Maybe we can make a list 

🏓🙌🏻

Edited by Pie0792 - 06/12/2022 at 4:02pm
Sponsored Links

LOG1C1AN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOG1C1AN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2022 at 5:53pm
Maybe Tibhar Hybrid K3?
jonyer1980 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2022 at 1:53am
It's another fancy-futuristic name to draw the attention of potential buyers. Sometimes, cardboards rubbers are plenty of stupid icons to impress you but in the end there's nothing really noticeable between rubbers from one brand to another since all are made in the same factory....

If I were you I would pay attention to that thing. Don't be another victim of marketing.
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Avoid any Butterfly stuff... at abusive prices. Raw power without control means nothing
Zwill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zwill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2022 at 2:03am
What is this C-touch anyway? To me it means it's sticky.
Joola Zhou Qihao S-ALC 90
Mizuno Q Quality max
Mizuno Q Quality max
Pie0792 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pie0792 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2022 at 3:38am
mmm it seems that c-touch tensor are only 55 degree sponges. Bluegrip c2, stiga dna and the most recent jekyll and hyde from xiom, they had the c-touch logo at the bottom right, except the H one which stands for “hybrid touch” but they are 47.5 to 52.5 degree so maybe there’s something customized about that…like the donic bluestar coming in late August, tibhar k3 is 53 degree… for being more accurate c-touch is 2.3mm sponge + thin topsheet with high density small pimple structure combo 
Pie0792 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pie0792 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2022 at 3:39am
Originally posted by Zwill Zwill wrote:

Mmm it seems that c-touch tensor are only 55 degree sponges. Bluegrip c2, stiga dna and the most recent jekyll and hyde from xiom, they had the c-touch logo at the bottom right, except the H one which stands for “hybrid touch” but they are 47.5 to 52.5 degree so maybe there’s something customized about that…like the donic bluestar coming in late August, tibhar k3 is 53 degree… for being more accurate c-touch is 2.3mm sponge + thin topsheet with high density small pimple structure combo 
Pie0792 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pie0792 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2022 at 3:41am
Originally posted by LOG1C1AN LOG1C1AN wrote:

Maybe Tibhar Hybrid K3?

Maybe 🤔 
Pie0792 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pie0792 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2022 at 3:45am
Originally posted by jonyer1980 jonyer1980 wrote:

It's another fancy-futuristic name to draw the attention of potential buyers. Sometimes, cardboards rubbers are plenty of stupid icons to impress you but in the end there's nothing really noticeable between rubbers from one brand to another since all are made in the same factory....

If I were you I would pay attention to that thing. Don't be another victim of marketing.

Actually I use butterfly equipment. But when I looked after ESN rubbers that was a surprise for me. Tried c2 and feels like a hybrid… I know that strictly talking an hybrid could be victas vjc07 sticky or Victas tde but its high tension rubber system and technologies are very difficult to understand. So I would choose an esn tensor over that options 
igorponger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2022 at 4:25am
C-TOUCH. NO MYSTERY AT ALL.
It feels c-lammy, very grippy topsheet made in c-hina.

Be happy.
https://www.donic.com/media/Blaetterkataloge/DONIC/DE/index.html#page_30

Edited by igorponger - 06/12/2022 at 5:25am
Zwill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zwill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2022 at 5:10am
But the C2 and C1 seem to have small and thin pimples and thick topsheet. They kind of remind me of the old 729 FX supersofts.

Edited by Zwill - 06/12/2022 at 5:11am
Mizuno Q Quality max
Mizuno Q Quality max
Rinforzando View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rinforzando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2022 at 5:43am
Bluegrip C2 is my main rubber, I have also a Bluegrip C1. It's just marketing, don't fall into it. Great rubber for sure, it plays more like a tensor than a chinese rubber. Stickiness is okay, it can lift up the ball for ~0.5 sec, but it is hugely dependant on the ball. With Nittaku 3* and Victas 3*, the ball sticks to the rubber, but with some other balls like DHS, BTY, etc, it doesn't stick at all...
Blade: Nblades power plant 1 ply Hinoki
FH: Rallys Redmonkey
BH: Spinlab Vortex 2
Pie0792 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pie0792 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2022 at 1:09pm

Maybe, but it seems like something more
Pie0792 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pie0792 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2022 at 1:11pm
Originally posted by Rinforzando Rinforzando wrote:

Bluegrip C2 is my main rubber, I have also a Bluegrip C1. It's just marketing, don't fall into it. Great rubber for sure, it plays more like a tensor than a chinese rubber. Stickiness is okay, it can lift up the ball for ~0.5 sec, but it is hugely dependant on the ball. With Nittaku 3* and Victas 3*, the ball sticks to the rubber, but with some other balls like DHS, BTY, etc, it doesn't stick at all...

Have you tried stiga dragon grip? K3? Xiom omega 7 china guang? Maybe to compare them 
Pie0792 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pie0792 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2022 at 1:13pm

But the C2 and C1 seem to have small and thin pimples and thick topsheet. They kind of remind me of the old 729 FX supersofts.

Have helped a friend of mine getting cut his rubbers and it seems like the opposite… thick sponge and thin topsheet 🤔

Edited by Pie0792 - 06/12/2022 at 4:15pm
Pie0792 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pie0792 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2022 at 1:16pm
Originally posted by igorponger igorponger wrote:

C-TOUCH. NO MYSTERY AT ALL.
It feels c-lammy, very grippy topsheet made in c-hina.

Be happy.
https://www.donic.com/media/Blaetterkataloge/DONIC/DE/index.html#page_30

Mmm DONIC is made in Germany like all esn tensor rubbers.. topsheet also made in Germany.
Zwill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zwill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2022 at 3:48pm
Originally posted by Pie0792 Pie0792 wrote:

Hace helped a friend of mine getting cut his rubbers and it seems like the opposite… thick sponge and thin topsheet 🤔

Don't get me wrong, I don't doubt this is one of those ultramax sponged thin topsheet concepts. But the pimples of the C1 and C2 are super flat, while rubber sheet on top of them is quite thick. It's the opposite if you compare it to the classical thin topsheet concept like Rasanter R47 which has normal height pimples but very thin top rubber sheet.

Edited by Zwill - 06/12/2022 at 3:48pm
Mizuno Q Quality max
Mizuno Q Quality max

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rinforzando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2022 at 3:49pm
you can compare pimple structure on this website: https://www.guoqiuhui.net/Home/Goods/details/goods_id/3064

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rinforzando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2022 at 3:53pm

Have you tried stiga dragon grip? K3? Xiom omega 7 china guang? Maybe to compare them 

Not at all. I've tried Victas Triple Double Extra, Xiom Tau 2 and Donic Bluegrip C2 is more on the tensor side than the other two. If you want maximum stickiness but don't want to boost, go for Victas Triple Double Extra.

C-touch is only a marketing scam. It doesn't make any sense, Donic, Xiom, Andro... they are all made in the same factory: ESN. Therefore, they use the same technology for every brand. 
Pie0792 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pie0792 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2022 at 4:00pm

Not at all. I've tried Victas Triple Double Extra, Xiom Tau 2 and Donic Bluegrip C2 is more on the tensor side than the other two. If you want maximum stickiness but don't want to boost, go for Victas Triple Double Extra.

C-touch is only a marketing scam. It doesn't make any sense, Donic, Xiom, Andro... they are all made in the same factory: ESN. Therefore, they use the same technology for every brand. 

Thanks! How does victas TDE compare to Bluegrip c2? Which one have a more pronounced arc? Which one has more “kick” when touching the table? And finally… Does victas TDE have high tension topsheet? I’ve searched across the web and couldn’t find anything related to that.

Thanks in advance! 
Pie0792 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pie0792 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2022 at 4:01pm

Hace helped a friend of mine getting cut his rubbers and it seems like the opposite… thick sponge and thin topsheet 🤔

Don't get me wrong, I don't doubt this is one of those ultramax sponged thin topsheet concepts. But the pimples of the C1 and C2 are super flat, while rubber sheet on top of them is quite thick. It's the opposite if you compare it to the classical thin topsheet concept like Rasanter R47 which has normal height pimples but very thin top rubber sheet.

Totally understood! How does Bluegrip c2 compared to rasanter r47?
Pie0792 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pie0792 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2022 at 4:18pm

you can compare pimple structure on this website: https://www.guoqiuhui.net/Home/Goods/details/goods_id/3064

Nice! Really appreciate your help!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rinforzando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2022 at 5:12am
Bluegrip C2 has a very high arc and TDE has a medium-low arc. With TDE it's better to stick at the table, whereas with the C2 you can play away from the table. About the kick, I don't know, but TDE is a bit spinnier imo. About the High tension topsheet, I suppose it has one since you don't need to boost it.

I've also played with Rasanter R47 before, C2 isn't so different in feeling, it is obviously harder, better spin, but it's still a tensor made by ESN like R47. About the speed, I would say it's easier with R47 to create speed. Top end speed is about the same, maybe more for R47.
Pie0792 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pie0792 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2022 at 1:09pm

Bluegrip C2 has a very high arc and TDE has a medium-low arc. With TDE it's better to stick at the table, whereas with the C2 you can play away from the table. About the kick, I don't know, but TDE is a bit spinnier imo. About the High tension topsheet, I suppose it has one since you don't need to boost it.

I've also played with Rasanter R47 before, C2 isn't so different in feeling, it is obviously harder, better spin, but it's still a tensor made by ESN like R47. About the speed, I would say it's easier with R47 to create speed. Top end speed is about the same, maybe more for R47.

Thanks for all the detailed information! Really appreciate that! 
GeneralSpecific View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneralSpecific Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/16/2022 at 10:22pm

And how about TDE compared to Tau 2?
Blade - Xiom 36.5 ALX FL
Forehand - Xiom Omega V Asia 2.0mm
Backhand - Victas Curl P5V with Der Materialspezialist Firestorm Soft/Outkill 1.8mm sponge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rinforzando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/17/2022 at 8:02am
Originally posted by GeneralSpecific GeneralSpecific wrote:

And how about TDE compared to Tau 2?

TDE is more on the chinese side, stickier, harder feeling. Tau 2 feels less chinese, a little bit more catapult effect and a bit higher arc. But the two rubbers have a medium to medium-low arc.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic