FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Timo Boll 2021 Wttc

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
megaboyd View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote megaboyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Timo Boll 2021 Wttc
    Posted: 10/23/2022 at 12:51pm
Hello, I was able to record most of the match between Timo Boll and Zhou Qihao at the 2021 WTTC in Houston. I have finally got the match edited and thought I would share it here so you can enjoy a decent quality good angle video of Timo and Zhou. Enjoy

Sponsored Links

megaboyd View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote megaboyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/27/2022 at 7:57pm
I wish that WTT would film from this angle rather than the side top down they are currently doing. 
oldttguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldttguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/27/2022 at 9:35pm
Thanks for the fantastic video. Brings back great memories of that week in Houston almost a year ago. I must have been sitting very close to you for this match (to your right). I think that's me shouting "Go Timoooooooo" at 0:15!
megaboyd View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote megaboyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/29/2022 at 5:29pm
I’m glad you enjoyed it. It was such a fantastic week. Being there and with my table tennis buddies was a dream come true. I was upset that they came over and made me stop filming and watched me the rest of the match to make sure I didn’t turn it back on. When tons of others had their phones out recording. Timo has been a favorite for years so being this close and to see him win was awesome. 
1dennistt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1dennistt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/31/2022 at 10:45pm
I was there also, in the center section to your left.  I never witnessed them asking anyone to stop filming, some people even had their camera on a tripod, and they weren't asked to stop filming.  Maybe you were too close to some of the officials? We didn't get any film of this match there was a gigantic TV screen blocking the view of the table from where we sat at first.  Later on they removed it.  We actually asked and were given permission to move to other seats since the view was blocked from our purchased seats.

You did a very nice job of capturing the match, thanks for the video! 

I was lucky enough to get Timo's signature later that week.

Edited by 1dennistt - 10/31/2022 at 10:46pm
Donic Waldner World Champion 1989 ZLC (Inner), Donic BlueStorm Pro (Red) Max, ????? (Black) 1.8 mm)
megaboyd View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote megaboyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/2022 at 8:48pm
man. That kinda sucks that a tv was blocking the view. Yeah. I was upset that I got singled out and had to turn off recording. I just wanted to have this match complete. I have a few other videos that I might try and post. But nothing as good as these seats. Pumped you got a signature.  I bought a Timo Boll ALC blade and was lucky enough to meet Timo and have him sign it as well. He was super nice. And was able to hang out with Timo a little bit at the hotel after the tournament with Adam Bobrow. It was a great time. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic